Question on the $100 Downgrade coupon

Hopefully your response to this question was just based on confusion on your part because you weren’t around when this 8k switch to 5k+ was originally offered. It is very clear that the offer was for a coupon that could be used on any pimax produced products.

15 Likes

It has been said multiple times the voucher can be spent on accessories, Even Robin, when interviewed, said this!

I’m absolutely gobsmacked that pimax is pulling this move and forcing people to use it on a so-called HMD ‘upgrade’ plan or lose it.

As others have said that’s not the deal that was made when people we’re given the option to drop to the 5k+ from the 8k. This has to be a misunderstanding?

22 Likes

i mean… i took the deal because there was not a large drop in quality between 5k+ and 8 k. I took it so that i could get 100 off controllers or other accessories down the line, as was repeatedly stated would be possible. Now i feel like a sucker.

Now turning around and saying that coupon can only be used to upgrade back up to a better headset , headsets that didn’t exist at time of actual deal is disappointing. The company is building a reputation brick by brick of being untrustworthy. Of changing agreements unilaterally with no warning. And you are doing this to the one group of people who would actually be willing to evangelise your product.

Please. Do not pull this cloud city stuff.

I’m not going to be upgrading to an 8k+ or 8kx so you basically took my 100 usd and put it in your pocket.

edit. i really really hope this is a misunderstanding borne out of people not being informed of the original terms of that switching agreement and that the original deal will be honoured.

16 Likes

I just looked back in my email and found this:

We will provide $100 coupon for backers that switch 8K to 5K+.

You can use the coupon in whatever Pimax produced:

1. Accessories: headstrap with earphones, face cushion, 10m cable, cooling fan, VR frame;
  2. Modules produced by Pimax. e.g. hand motion, wireless etc.
  3. Pimax controllers;
  4. When X becomes available, we’ll provide more benefits for both the 5K+ and 8K backers.

You can use both wireless coupon and the $100 coupon with 5K+ ($200 in total) to buy wireless module.

Best regards,

Pimax Support

24 Likes

And now they have changed it to you can only use on upgrade plan that forces you to also forfeit your stretch goals.

8 Likes

They were under the gun figuring all this stuff out, i have to believe this is a misunderstanding.

8 Likes

Which would include giving up the MAS wouldn’t it?

3 Likes

MAS and comfort kit are reportedly standard on all 8K vision models excluding 5k+ vision (which also doesnt receive RE coating like 8K vision models do but the 5K+ vision still receives upgraded housing, and hardware calibration)

1 Like

The $100 coupon is our change.
We ordered 8k was advised to take 5k+ and we would be refunded $100 via a coupon to spend on Pimax goods as we please.
Thanks Limax

8 Likes

@PimaxUSA @PimaxVR @Matthew.Xu

I don’t think there’s a single person who took the 8k to 5k+ coupon thinking “whatever, I’ll just buy another headset anyways”. This was an option that explicitly said it could be used in the store, and that’s why people accepted it.

16 Likes

@PimaxUSA, please clarify this ASAP. I guess it was just a mistake from you, due to the lack of sleep. Our 100$ coupon is not a gift and can be used on ANYTHING on the pimax store, including eye tracking, wireless, confort kit…

Please confirm this now to calm down the situation.

Thanks

18 Likes

Any other answer other than we can use our $100 (yes, ours, not a coupon or a gift) in accessories and modules as promised from the very beginning is going to be a real scandal.

12 Likes

Same question for me. Don’t want a new headset, just want to spend the money I already paid for accessories. I’ll take the extra long cable, a second MAS, or Valve BS/Controllers.

8 Likes

Well this was a coupon (in store credit) offered to those who would downgrade to the 5k+ to be used for whatever as advertised.

13 Likes

Well the base stations being Valve and not Pimax are not included but the other things for sure.

5 Likes

The loaner was a misunderstanding. The 8k to 5k+ credit is for backed/paid for headsets not loaners.

3 Likes

Oh he was around remember he used to be a backer then. :beers::cowboy_hat_face::vulcan_salute::sparkles:

3 Likes

I feel like everytime I come back to the forums I read another reason to never support Pimax…

6 Likes

The $100 is not a coupon or voucher, it is money that Pimax has been holding onto until we could use in the store. It is credit for whatever the customer wants to use it on. It is money that Pimax profited off of by selling the 8Ks for more than the $100 dollar difference. It is money that Pimax has used to finance the next iterations of the headsets.
After profiting from our patience you now want to tell us how we can use this money? Could we get somebody else from Pimax in here to clear this up?

17 Likes

That’s not fair at all… When we downgraded you Pimax said that we can use that coupon with any accessories created by pimax but not 3rd party ones.

Many of us have downgrade for that…
We are happy with our headset, so we don’t need plan a or b or c or z… So what? We changed for a headset less expensive… And have a 100 dollars discount useless? Just be fair… You pay less for 5k+ that’s why you sell it less. We changed so we cost less to you…

6 Likes