Move here to discuss ‘Pimax Day 2’

@Matthew.Xu I had an 8k kickstarter pledge with extra money added for controllers. I want to opt out of the controllers and stretch goals (but keep the eye tracking discount). Should I do plan D or B? Plan D is a very bad deal for me. I’d be losing money on the stretch goals, and wouldn’t even really be getting a discount at all. Plan B seems to be for full bundle backers only though. Which should I choose?

Yeah, I don’t quite understand how or what kind of controllers I should be getting. Why do I have to pay $179 to get Index controllers. Is that better than Sword? If it’s not better, then why is it more expensive?

Think I might wait for the NEW GPU to play with the Pimax 8K X.

1 Like

Where is the plan to upgrade the Pimax controllers to Index controllers and use the $100 credit?

Bumping this question again since I haven’t seen an answer to it yet. I had a 8K full package that I opted to change to the 5K+ and $100 coupon. Now I just want the controllers and basestations so I can wash my hands off dealing with Pimax.

At this point I should have 3 coupons in hand, $100 from the 8k->5k+, $100 from the eye tracking and $100 from the wireless module. Can I just apply all 3 coupons to the controller/basestation trade in plan? I don’t care if I lose value on this, I just don’t want to pay any more money to get a fully funcitonal set.

6 Likes

Even then, weren’t you supposed to remit the sales taxes voluntarily?

The coupon use is part of plan A and C and that is the only option for the headset coupon. The other coupons can only be used for the item they are attached to. i.e. $100 on Eye Tracking Module and $100 on Wireless can only be applied to those.

@SweViver @PimaxUSA @Matthew.Xu

So wait… I am a Kickstarter backer that switched to the XR. I do ‘not’ see Upgrade options for it. Am I missing something?

Are the backers with BE/XR units excluded!

1 Like

You are not excluded you can utilize plans that do not have the coupon, plans B and D.

Plan D seems like a lose lose situation. @PimaxUSA

1 Like

Hey, if I backed only the headset and the controllers, what do I do? Plan D wouldn’t be a discount at all for me really.

Which one is the best option you think?

I havent done the no.s because I belong to Plan G which isnt up. 8KX backer here.

I’ll go through all the vids later today and compile all the info.

So essentially we have until late December order the upgrade?

Questions:

1. When are the 8k X starting to be shipped?

2. When 8k + starting to be shipped?

Hey guys. Just arrived at the office. We are looking through the plan to see if anything is incorrect. Also the missing website order options are being worked on. Give us some more time and we will sort things out.

2 Likes

Yes you have until 12/31 and shipping should start before then. On the X we have a limited quantity in the first two batches so the shipping date for subsequent batches will be later. Hopefully we can display a note when orders run outside of the available quantity into future batches.

1 Like

What the site for the lens adapter? And also anyone knows a company that can do it?

A. So if you have limited X’s then those are going to original Backers. I assume the next batch would be shipped sometime on 2020?

B. What is the difference between Plan D and Plan B?

Check out Option 2 of each Backer Plan, its $100 more then the slides and stream indicated.

2 Likes

The difference is whether you keep the controllers and base stations or not.

The first coupon is only valid for headset upgrades? That doesn’t tally with the statement in the kickstarter update that was sent out.

If you are an 8K / X backer and decide to switch to 5K+, we will provide you $100 coupon to purchase accessories (modules etc.) in our online store.

I am not keen on spending more money to get my setup working, and so the upgrade plans other than the controller exchange hold no interest for me. I can accept that the wireless/eyetracking coupons cannot be applied, but that first coupon for downgrading from the 8K to the 5K+ should still be valid at the very least.

5 Likes