Quest 2 Discussion, will it beat the G2?

really part 6 was amazing!

so if i flip my 4k tv into portrait mode it’s no longer a 4k display? LOL

all that matters is that the pixel density will be equivalent to a G2 or 8KX

2 Likes

He probably changed it because it was begging for someone like you to take it off topic. :slight_smile:

Yeah they are trying to cut costs i would be shocked if it wasn’t LCD

pretty sure they said 50%

original quest is
1440 * 1.5 = 2160 = 4K
1600 * 1.5 = 2400 > 4K

Well that is not me. I still think Reverb G2 is DOOMED.

Yeah I hear that Q2 will possibly be released this week or next.

Whenever it is , you can be sure they will actually deliver it.

But if it’s like Pimax you can order it today and get it next year, but they will shipped it to people who order off walmart next year before they send you yours that you pre ordered a year earlier

1 Like

2 Likes

Not sure if they cut costs though: XR2, 6GB RAM, 256GB storage, 2x2k displays, although I scared it will be LCD, but if it is I hope at least it will be not worse than Index or even better than Cosmos Elite.

It’s no me who did it like this, but it exactly means what it means, if you calc ; 3840 * 2160
you will get 8 294 400 pixels, it’s not called 8k right? It still 4k, if you roll your TV it will be still 4k display as you render horizontal in vertical detention but it still rotated, anyway how you roll the TV doesn’t matter as the device was manufactured & designed with horizontal to be 4k, if it was tall panel with 3840 pixels in vertical but with 2160 horizonatally it will be a 2k panel, it’s just a convention, anyway for end user PPD & type of pixels matrix & matrix itself what does matter.

Resolution is a term that tells you just how densely these tiny dots, the pixels, are put together on the display. Individual pixels collect together to make up the image you see on the screen, so the higher the pixel count the higher the resolution. The “K” in 4K stands for Kilo (1000), meaning a TV that has achieved a horizonal resolution of about 4,000 pixels.

Q2 panel 2160 * 2160 is also 4m pixels not 8m as in 4k TV :sweat_smile:

if it has ipd adjustment ill be getting another quest

It has IPD & it was confirmed month or 2 months ago, it has no slider but you need to move the lenses frames itself

Right, except what I said wasn’t off topic. It pertained to the Quest 2 and the G2, which was the topic.

1 Like

I find it funny with all the Facebook hate here, posted on Chinese forum for products of Chinese company, like China is well known for respecting the law and privacy, and they don’t have any concentration camps. You guys wanted big fov, and wouldn’t care even if it was made with slave labor in North Korea, as long as you are happy with the product, but Oculus owners are the uninformed ones…

1 Like

Platform hate in gaming, in general, is ridiculous imo. People were furious over the epic store, as if its ANY different from Steam (company makes engine, sells games made on engine then expands beyond that). There’s already an Oculus storefront and account. Your data is already collected constantly just by having a smart phone. 95% of the people who claim this is a dealbreaker probably have FB accounts too.

I’d rather have accounts consolidated, ironically that’s the exact argument people used AGAINST the epic games store (rather having it all in one place than in multiple launchers/accounts). Can’t please everyone.

3 Likes

Pimax are not responsible for the actions of the Chinese government. IMHO your rant against the ‘Chinese’ is sadly racist :pensive:

1 Like

You’re sending money to China, they pay their taxes which supports the government.

How am i supporting Facebook by making an account, but not participating in any Facebook activities?

Double standards, but that’s okay as long as you get what you want.

same here , plus it will operate at WiGig bandwidth (60hz) = 10x higher health impact than current wifi standards https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0013935118300355

1 Like

I dont know how credible that source or studies are.

3 Likes

I’ve not seen anything about the quest using WiGig. I’d love for that to be the case (an official alternative to virtual desktop streaming).

The study you linked is about 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi, unrelated to Wigig frequency band. Rather than tell you the study is no good, I will say that amplitude, not frequency are what matters to your health. The ONLY exception to that is in the ionizing radiation spectrum, which is UV light thru gamma rays. 60Ghz is not even close to ionizing wavelength.

3 Likes

I’d worry more about the 1kw/m2 terraherz radiation that they are subjecting all of us to every day for many hours.

1 Like

Where are oculus made again ??

2 Likes

I think I’d HAVE to get it if they’re using these OLED screens: Samsung Display's VR AMOLED prototypes at SID 2018 - YouTube
Note that they’re “Nearly 2K” and would be “Nearly 4K” total…but if it’s just one panel…then I guess not. Seems like it is going to be one panel since the girl said “4K display” and that IPD adjuster suggests one panel due to the limited options…although maybe it’s just a cheaper way to move the lenses + screens without a dial.

1 Like

Keep dreaming, you already get an XR2 system for probably 300 bucks, an OLED panel with that resolution in top of it would be outrageous. Not that it matters for those who know what Facebook is up to.

I guess it won’t be long until the competition comes alive a bit, seeing that the VR market is growing. Samsung and Valve better do something before the Zuck monopolizes everything.