Possibly an Easy Question to Answer (New PE Tester)

Just for clarification, i not only have this zoom bug. PE doesn’t work at all for me and i’m assuming the root of this is the same as why this zoom bug happens. So i would say, just ignore it until you find the root why PE doesn’t work and then i will write back if this still happens.

So what happens if you would upload the Mono folder and i place it manually where it belongs? Maybe that could help you in some way or another.

The same happens for me. I also dont have a json file but my mouse still get’s locked until i tab out. I have 64-bit Windows 10 (2004)

Anyway, i still REALLY appreciate the time and effort you and Marcin put into this! From what i have seen in screenshots it looks better than SteamVR Home!

1 Like

Thank you. I will continue again on this tomorrow, with a clear head while considering all your feedbacks. Since I have faced similar issues regarding eye textures in the past, it is likely that is the same issue here. (I am not sure yet till I verify, this is just an assumption) :slight_smile:

Thank you for your complements compliments! It is our pleasure to see such great feedback and enthusiasm from all of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem, just take your time and pay attention to not burnout yourself. I’m not in a rush. I have have waited about 2 years to get my Pimax, so i don’t mind if it takes a couple of days to get this sorted. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just checked again and no userSettingsPVR.json was created.

I have the same problem any solution yet?

To provide you with a quick update:

• The zoom bug is fixed and you should no longer experience it in the next beta release. This bug is related to the mechanism used when eye textures are being rendered via Pimax SDK. I can confirm this issue had nothing to do with the dashboard content not being available.
  • Regarding the empty screen issue and the files not being created: We have had no luck reproducing this no matter what/how we tried. We assume it could have something to do with other apps/services running on the user’s machine, but this is only an assumption so far based on the feedback we have received. In the next beta release we might know more. We have updated our logs, which means if/when this problem surfaces again, these updated logs might assist us and point us in the right direction.

Thank you all for reporting these. All your feedbacks are valuable and appreciated.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Thanks for the update! :slight_smile:

Is there anything i could do to help you with the empty screen issue? Maybe provide some additional info what is running in the background, or what i have installed. For example i have Unity installed and Kaspersky but from what i could see in Kaspersky, the communication between PE and Pitool via localhost (TCP) is allowed and should work.

In the meantime i also tried to create a “Mono” folder in “C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\PVRHome_Data” and copy the “libPVRClient32.dll” from “…\Plugins\x86_64” into it, but that didn’t seem to make a difference.

And FYI “output_log.txt” don’t get updated anymore since the installation…

1 Like

You are most welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks. If a voice/video call is convenient for you, that would help. Then I can check almost directly what could be causing this. (artArmin) We can schedule a time that would work for both of us later on.

Unity being installed is all fine. It should not cause any issues. After all, I have several versions of Unity on my machine atm. anti virus software and Firewall protections should be fine too. I have put extra checks in the upcoming version w.r.t the TCP connection (more details on that later in the release notes).

I suspect there might be something else still…

That should not even happen. The plugins/dlls that are needed by PE are already in the Plugins folder under *_Data. This indicates an issue with OS environment paths.

That file was managed by Unity. If it does [not] get updated it’s ok.

Thanks again for these updates and checks!

3 Likes

Uff, that would be quite hard for me as i’m not that fluent in speaking english (pronunciation) and i’m pretty shy too… :confused:

I tried to copy the “libPVRClient32.dll" because in output_log is this line :

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Pimax/PVRHome/PVRHome_Data/Mono/libPVRClient32.dll

and i don’t even have that Mono folder.

1 Like

Is any of this potentially related to the new security features in Windows 10? Application virtualization could cause all sorts of issues with game engines. Then there is the new controlled folder access. Can anyone affected confirm if they have these kind of security features enabled?

I guess there would be more people having that problem if it would be caused by Windows 10 itself but who knows. :man_shrugging:

Edit: I didn’t find anything from googling, so if you could explain what the new features are and where i could check that, i will take a look anyway.

No problem, we will try to find another way. I’m open to your suggestions on what suits you.

Yes, the Mono folder is not required. The beta build that we publish has everything in the correct folders. Investigating why this happens is on my todo list.

I’ve attached 2 screenshots below. For controlled folder access, open settings (the gear icon), then type “Controlled” into the search.

For application virtualization, check windows features and see if Microsoft Defender App Guard is installed. For me it’s greyed out as I’ve disabled virtualization support from the bios.

1 Like

@arminelec If you need someone to join a video conference (so you can view what’s happening when that file doesn’t create), I’m willing to jump on and show you what I have. Anything I can do to help fix this issue, I’m willing to do.

7 Likes

Thank you for volunteering! That would be very helpful! artArmin

Thank you @Smiley for sharing your experience with us.

Also, a big thanks to everyone else for sharing your issues so far.

@SweViver and I are finalizing and preparing the new beta build. We will post an update when the new beta build is available for you.

Stay tuned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was having this problem of PE not working only laser pointer appear and nothing happen… PE now working for me and that’s great… What i did is i enter steamVR and at advance options i tick make steamVR as default openXR Runtime and i update nvidia driver also updated oculus program i don’t know which one solve the problem

1 Like

Sorry i didn’t had time to test the last couple days and thanks for the detailed explanation.

Because of Kaspersky i don’t have that option under “Virus & threat protection”. Take a look for yourself (if you understand german :wink:):

And yes, Microsoft Defender App Guard is disabled.
Screenshot 2020-10-09 053934

Just for clarification, i have setup Steam in german so every option i will mention i had to translate and i’m not sure if everything is exactly called like that.

You go to settings, tick on enable advanced settings (bottom left) and then click on the developer tab? There is the only place where i found something similar wich should translate to “Current OpenXR - runtime environment: SteamVR” but i can’t change anything here.

Nvidia drivers are the newest but i don’t have oculus installed. could that be the problem, @arminelec ?

1 Like

I doubt it. According to the behavior of the PE 0.50 on your machine, I doubt it. Since the file system operations and graphics processes are separate in the app, it seems less likely to be graphics related.

The new PE 0.60 is available now. I’d recommend you try it out and let us know whether it has solved your issue or not.

PE 0.60 announcement:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-vr-experience-version-0-60-0-0-beta-available-now/32151

3 Likes