Possibly an Easy Question to Answer (New PE Tester)

Heres the thing. If the userSettingsPVR.json isn’t created the application will definitely not work. So we have to investigate why the file isn’t created.

Are you running any antivirus software

The mouse and UltraLeap is no problem. Its just that the application doesn’t initiate with a json config is not being able to be created.

Only Windows Defender (which came with Win10). Nothing 3rd party.

2 Likes

Ok, me and Kevin suspect this could be because the PVRHopme directory is added by PiTool.
Could you please do this:

1. Stop PiTool from launching Pimax VR Home (uncheck the checkbox)

2. Delete the entire PVRHome folder in:
    C:\Program Files\Pimax\

3. Now go here:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tgSASk1Wobnvls-kqGtDIcSdN1EZfuGy?usp=sharing

4. Download 0.50 zip or rar, and extract all files into the folder:
    C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\

5. Now go to PiTool and check the box “Start Pimax VR Home” (the checkbox) so it launches Pimax VR Experience.

And check if the json file (userSettingsPVR.json) is created in:
C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\PVRHome\

No changes. That json file is not being created.

1 Like

Could you reboot the PC?
This really makes no sense. We gotta look into this later tonight :frowning:

Absolutely. Just rebooted the PC and the headset. No changes.

I appreciate you looking into this for me.

1 Like

This seems super weird, but here is a way to temporary fix it (apparently)

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-vr-experience-open-beta-0-50-releasing-now/31649/82?u=sweviver

I don’t know what’s wrong, but I think that PE can be started by completely erasing
the pimax software and config settings and reinstalling.

Only uninstalling the pimax software doesn’t seem to solve it.
The following folders also had to be deleted.
Of course, the settings will also disappear

“C:\Program Files\Pimax”
“C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PiTool”
“C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Pimax”
“C:\Users\yourname\AppData\LocalLow\Pimax”
“C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\PiTool”
“C:\ProgramData\pimax”

It’s a rough method, so I think it’s far from investigating the cause.

2 Likes

Reinstalling Pitool didn’t help either.

Ok, to see if this changes anything, could you create a userSettingsPVR.json file (inside C:\Users\ SweViver \AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\PVRHome) including this:

NOTE: Change “SweViver” to your username both in link above and in the config file below:

{
“sortby”: “Last Played”,
“view”: “Gallery”,
“controllers”: “Valve Index”,
“uiscale”: “Large”,
“environment”: “Coming Soon”,
“background”: “Pimax Galaxy”,
“currentUsedProfile”: “Common Setting”,
“currentUsedProfileFileName”: “C:\Users\SweViver\AppData\Roaming\PiTool\manifest\PiTool\Common Setting.json”,
“currentViewMode”: “Advanced”,
“profileMode”: “Offline”,
“currentTheme”: “Default”,
“currentFont”: “Steam Style”,
“currentFontSize”: “Default”,
“currentFontColor”: “White”,
“currentLaserColor”: “Default”,
“applyProfileOnGameStart”: true,
“applySteamVRProfileOnGameStart”: true,
“assignOfflineProfileToGame”: true,
“assignSteamVRProfileToGame”: true,
“autoCreateOfflineProfiles”: true,
“autoCreateSteamVRProfiles”: true,
“showSteamVRCategory”: true,
“showOculusCategory”: true,
“showReviveCategory”: true,
“showVivePortCategory”: true,
“showImportedCategory”: true,
“showFavoritesCategory”: true,
“showLeftPanel”: true,
“showRightPanel”: true,
“startCounter”: 0,
“handTrackingEnabled”: true,
“showHands”: “showalways”,
“currentHandModels”: “malehands_alien”,
“monitorMode”: “window”,
“monitorResolution”: “1080”,
“mouseEnabled”: true,
“mouseCursor”: “arrow”,
“mouseCursorSize”: 1.0,
“mouseSensitivity”: 1.5
}

(this is just my config file, I just edited it a little)

I just want to see what happens WITH a config file in the folder.

2 Likes

I just removed the PiTool software, deleted all of those folders, rebooted, re-installed version 264 of PiTool, reinstalled the PE, rebooted again. Still seeing the same thing. I also put that created userSettings PVRfile (just in case), and it didn’t make a difference. The userSettingsPVR file isn’t being created for me.

3 Likes

Give is some time to look into this. A very rare issue. Somehow PiTool related, but we are trying to solve this. Sorry for that!

2 Likes

How do you stop the SteamVR interface from launching with the Index controllers ?

Here you go, Cedric: https://community.openmr.ai/t/solution-disable-steamvr-start-on-controller-power-on-or-system-button-press/30393?u=smiley

2 Likes

@SweViver Maybe i can provide some additional info for this problem. As far as i’m concerned what no one mentioned is, when i turn my head to my right or left, my left eye gets zoomed in pretty hard wich caused instantly eyestrain. Never happens on the right eye no matter in wich direction i look.

In my Player.log there are these two lines wich doesn’t seem right:

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Toon/Basic Outline' - All passes removed
WARNING: Shader Did you use #pragma only_renderers and omit this platform?

And in the output_log.txt are these:

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Pimax/PVRHome/PVRHome_Data/Mono/libPVRClient32.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Pimax/PVRHome/PVRHome_Data/Mono/.\libPVRClient32.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Pimax/PVRHome/PVRHome_Data/Mono/libPVRClient32.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Pimax/PVRHome/PVRHome_Data/Mono/libPVRClient32
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Pimax/PVRHome/PVRHome_Data/Mono/.\libPVRClient32
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files/Pimax/PVRHome/PVRHome_Data/Mono/libPVRClient32
Setting up 4 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 30e0 -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 74c -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 1504 -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 3174 -> priority: 1 
Leap Service not connected; attempting to reconnect for try 1/5...

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

Leap Service not connected; attempting to reconnect for try 2/5...

Leap Service not connected; attempting to reconnect for try 3/5...

Leap Service not connected; attempting to reconnect for try 4/5...

Leap Service not connected; attempting to reconnect for try 5/5...

When i looked up for these “libPVRClient32” files, i noticed that i don’t even have the “Mono” folder in “C:/Program Files/Pimax/PVRHome/PVRHome_Data/”.

I also deleted all of the mentioned folders from the temporary fix and tried to just install “PiToolSetup_1.0.1.264” and move the content from the “PVRHome_v0.50.rar” you provided in the right directory and manually creating an (edited) “userSettingsPVR.json” file but it doesn’t seem to make any difference.

PS: If you need the whole log files just let me know, but the rest did look normal to me.

I still have the same issue too, also deleted all files and reinstall PiTools. I also notice that as soon as I click on PCRHome.exe my mouse freezes until i click the Windows key.

Thank you for taking time and pointing these out. The shader warning in this build is alright. But I’ll fix the issue causing this anyway.

I’ll try to reproduce and fix the issue with sudden zoom on the left eye.

The issue with DLLs in the Mono folder, only happens on some PCs. We have tried numerous ways to reproduce it but have had no luck. We’ll keep on trying. It might be related to the issue where some users do not have their json file created. Might be, not sure yet.

Thanks again for testing and reporting in detail!

1 Like

Thank you for pointing this out.

Just to be clear on my side, after deleting all files and reisntalling the PiTool vesion 1.0.2.xxx (which bundles the new PVRHome.exe), was your userSettingsPVR.json file also not created, yet the mouse was locked at the center?

I ask, since in our latest 0.50 build, the mouse should only get locked, when user has already interacted in VR, using either a controller to enable the mouse, or updating the json file to make it happen.

Your input is much appreciated!

1 Like

I noticed my mouse being locked as well. I didn’t mention it earlier because I thought it was just a coincidence. I just got used to hitting the windows key whenever I needed to use my mouse. And yes, the json file will not create itself for me.

Thanks! your confirmation helps. We are trying to find out whether it could be caused by certain configurations on user’s Windows or caused by another process. I could assume, but it is better to ask: which version of Windows do you use? 32-bit or 64-bit?

1 Like

64-bit Windows (version 2004)
RTX 2070 Super
AMD Ryzen 7 3800x

1 Like