Possibly an Easy Question to Answer (New PE Tester)

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere, but I’ve been going around in circles trying to figure it out. I am not seeing the Pimax Experience window anywhere. I will admit, it took me awhile to figure out how to stop the SteamVR interface from launching with the Index controllers. It appears the purple background launches, I can center my view by pushing in the Index thumbsticks, but I don’t see anything else. Is something not launching or is there a key combination that I need to press to see the PE window?

2 Likes

hmm, no. that sounds wrongish.

1 Like

When re-centering it should be right in front of You … :upside_down_face:

Maybe You need to re-run the PiTool room setup?

1 Like

I just tried the PiTool Room Setup, and it didn’t seem to change anything. The controllers are still able to re-center the view, I can hit the trigger on each controller and view a black line coming out of my controller, but no Window/GUI. One other strange thing that I notice is that after I re-center my view, there is a blue line starting above my head that shoots across the purple galaxy background. I don’t know if others see that. But thanks for the suggestion.

2 Likes

@SweViver time to fix your toy

2 Likes

Same issue for me :pensive:

2 Likes

Same issue for me :pensive:

2 Likes

Hi,

You guys are not alone. The same thing is happening to me. :unamused:

2 Likes

the same happens to me

2 Likes

Hi guys, sorry Ive been super busy this weekend trying to make a video about the VRExp…

Hmm this sounds super odd and never seen this problem…
Have you tried deleting your user config file to see if this helps?
Its the json file in Appdata/localLow/Pimax/PVRHome/

1 Like

Secondly, do you have PiTool running in background? (It needs to run simultaneously)

I deleted this file, how can I restore it?

Add images

pitools is in the background

in the folder, Appdata / localLow / Pimax / PVRHome /.

a folder called game imports, and player.log

So after I deleted the Player.log file, I restarted PiTool (the file recreated itself). I’m still getting the same thing. Everything with PiTool looks like it’s functioning properly.

And yes, I’m getting the same images that Rick is showing.

1 Like

Hmm thats only the log files.
Dont you see a userSettingsPVR.json file?

I’m not seeing any json files in that PVRHome folder.

Inside the GameImports folder, there are a bunch of json files, but nothing about usersettings.

This is super odd.

Are you running PiTool as administrator? Dont do that, it seems Unity doesn’t like that.

I just double-checked the shortcut. It is not set to run as an admin.

One thing that I noticed in that Player.log file. It mentions “Failed to confine the cursor - ClipCursor failed: Access is denied.”

It also says “Leap Service not connected; attempting to reconnect for try 3/5…
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)”

It appears to do this over and over. Could this be connected?