PiTool .245 FW255 Discussion/Questions/Features/Bugs/Etc

Doesn’t seem that he’d want to do that. What was the rule again, for 1 voice on the forum, there are 20 guys having the same issue? And for 1 bug report, you have 100 users having the same issue?

Maybe less with Pimax’ 5K+ SN 204 headsets (but I am certain this affects 100% of the 5K+ SN 204), and more when it’s another Windows functionality update getting the better of people.

Anyway, it is fully repeatable. I have flashed forth and back 2 additional times now, and connected the HMD to two other rigs (USB) as well (an Acer Laptop, and an MS Surface 7). They show the same behavior, PiTool 245 does not recognize 5K+ FW255 SN 204.

1 Like

Collecting Data from various sources is best to establish a hypothesis being correct. I have to check my 5k+ serial. But think it is a 204 as well. Have dust the box off. 8k upgraded & works well.

1 Like

Yet my 203 flashed just fine, so the model isn’t an indicator.

1 Like

Okay my 5k+ is a 203. Did take me some hoops to get it updated & ran. Likely due to not having near updated FW.

Works & verified for me 120hz mode no biggie especially with the narrowed FoV. Might be different once can play Beatsaber. :beers::wink::+1::sparkles:

Yep also SN 204 here, for some reason our headsets do not work with the new Pitool. The PC or GPU makes no difference. Niether does the windows version. And it has nothing to do with conflicting software because I even did a complete fresh install.

Not just that but there is a issue with the new Pitool that causes system hangs after resuming from sleep.

New Pitool release should fix compatibility issue with ser 204.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pitool-1-0-1-249-fw255-dec-21-2019/24567?u=heliosurge

3 Likes

My annoyance is that PT keeps resetting to small fov. If anything normal should be the default.
I do like that it defaults Smooth off and 72 Hz stays where I set it now, though.

2 Likes

That’s an oddity. Mine is always left on Normal

3 Likes

Curious
Is that on both your 8 and 5K?

2 Likes

Seems to be. When i dusted the box off and hooked it up the 5k was in normal as well.

Wondering if maybe the settings file is sticking?

2 Likes

Same here and that’s on a 5K+.

2 Likes

Fair thought, so I re-installed PT and now it defaults to normal. :+1:

2 Likes

Spoke too soon. After a reboot of comp, the PT returned to setting Small as default.

2 Likes

Might need to poke & find the headset config file.

There must be some kind of left-over from an old install or it’s somehow the default in the firmware (but why would that differ between revisions/versions)?

Just noticed that there seem to be a translation bug in the Diagnose window @Alex.liu :

Latest beta (.249).

1 Like

I didn’t un-install 180 so there might me a file left over. Will do a clean install later.

2 Likes

Might be, but that’s how I also do it. I just let the installer take care of it (or hope it does)… :wink:

2 Likes

Did a clean install deleting all Pitool files first. Didn’t solve the Small defaulting but I did see an improvement in Golf Club VR performance which was the one game that had performance issues.
I always blamed that the devs had added VR and stopped updating the game. It may be some who have stutter should try an see if a clean install helps. It certainly cleaned up GCVR. Very smooth now for a game needing PP.

2 Likes

Nice find… :+1::wink:

1 Like