PiTool .245 FW255 Discussion/Questions/Features/Bugs/Etc

I cannot find the bug report / Other Topic.

1 Like

Here is link. Just use reply button to topic

https://community.openmr.ai/t/other-pitool-issue-dec-2019/24539?u=heliosurge

1 Like

Thanks @Heliosurge

SN 204 works with PiTool 197 on dfu 255. Thanks @Virtual for the hint.

Only on PiTool 245: The LED stays red. PiServices do not recognize the headset (105000) and Win throws an error about the unrecognizable USB device.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they can look in to this & resolve.

I would also fill out a support request for maybe a teamviewer session. Include Ticket Number in Other Pitool Issue report.

2 Likes

whoops, from pvr_srv_log

[19-12-20 00:02:33][PSRV] pi_server 64 Release
[19-12-20 00:02:33][PSRV] build time:Dec 18 2019 18:55:46
[19-12-20 00:02:33][PSRV] build version:41
[19-12-20 00:02:33][PSRV] * Line 40, Column 39
Missing ‘,’ or ‘}’ in object declaration

I’ll include all the logs with the bug report btw

2 Likes

After last pitool update my Pimax 5k + SN 203 is bricked !! :frowning: the LED continues to flash red, green and blue, but the viewer is not recognized in DFU mode. I have tried with Flasher tool, with DFU upgrade, stopping before most service etc … but nothing the LED flashes in the 3 colors. Also the procedure to set it in dfu doesn’t work …

Ya thats right just power and usb into a new machine and DFU flashed it.
@Heliosurge My HMD is actually a 203

I have a 2080TI if that matters

2 Likes

I feel your pain I wasted 6 hours on this, im also a 203

Try this it worked for me, https://community.openmr.ai/t/dont-we-have-a-pitool-update-this-friday-december-13th-update-released/24351/176.

2 Likes

Man, I just gotta say your round the clock helpful advice, support, technical knowhow and personal presence here is an admirable thing. Cheers, Happy Holidays and thanks for being there for this community :beer::+1::wine_glass::cocktail::tropical_drink::beer::christmas_tree:

9 Likes

Thank you! Happy Holidays. :christmas_tree::santa::mrs_claus::christmas_tree:

8 Likes

What he said. …

if I understand correctly I have to leave the pimax attached to the current PC (Display Port), and connect only the USB to another PC … right? (the pc where I will stick the usb which operating system should have?)

the firmware flash then goes from the second pc, right?

He said “connect USB and power to another PC”. He did not say “connect DP to old PC while doing that”. Are you crazy? :joy:

I have now the 120Hz option but if I select it the screen switches off. I have the oldest 5k+, I am the backer 420. I know after some months they started sending the 5k++ (in a manner of speaking) with harder plastic, better screens, etc

What’s the full name of the latest firmware? Mine shows V2.1.255.248 after the new Pitool install. Is this the newest one? I am not sure if this is still the previous 248 firmware which I installed separately several days ago.

Edit: It is V2.1.255.255, mine has been automatically updated to it when I run it again.

1 Like

He said that “it is not necessary to disconnect Display Port” … so yes: Just connect the USB to a second PC so that the pimax is “recognized” as a peripheral in DFU

Yes, it seems even checking for new firmware after upgrading shows no new firmware until You have rebooted. Might be on purpose.

1 Like

Same problem here with SN204 headset. It‘s not recognized in Pitool .245…
Pitool .197 is working but only with distortion and no 72hz mode…

1 Like

Please reply & fill out template here as Jocool has.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/other-pitool-issue-dec-2019/24539?u=heliosurge

1 Like