@pimaxusa Where's Monday's update?

Our plan is to have a simple system in place to allow adjustments like the one you mention.

1 Like

I believe the picture and so the ‘offer’ was published in the final few hours of the kickstarter, the majority of the kickstarter this wasn’t even an offer. but yes its something else they are backtracking on. Plenty of other things they said during the kickstarter didn’t happen.

In this case, I actually think this is for the best, (obviously they won’t please everyone).

My primary point is the backtracking could be understandable if they didn’t just leave people to debate for themselves what the hell is going on, the backers should already know by now what’s happening with the controllers and why.

Complete agreement. Idle minds are the devil’s playground. :wink:

Conservative timing is shown in the release. The hardware engineering piece has moved to production oriented tasks now plus firmware iterations etc. While the Sword will be out first we should be able to provide some guidance on the Sense reasonably quick.

I think one of the takeaways from this is the controller development was a large engineering effort and now a lot of those engineers are on to the other accessories and not long before almost all of them are.

6 Likes

Please tell me whether backers will get Sword Sense controllers with finger tracking?

And when will this happen, if Sword Sense is not ready yet? (approximate date)

1 Like

Next step is to provide pricing, more detailed availability timing and a system where the choice of the Sword or Sense can be made.

3 Likes

The kickstarter page says clearly we get both versions…

1 Like

The most fundamental items to constitute a package are headset, lighthouses and controllers. Shipment of the controllers will complete the basic package. We had so much feedback on the controllers from CES and other venues we are offering the Sword and Sense variants.

Pricing and a lot of requests went into the feature set included in the two main variants, intended to cover the maximum cross section of wish list items.

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

I think design wise they may have opted for best effort compatibility. now they have a controller that is essentially like the vive wand, and one like the valve index controller (knuckles). No hybrid option that may have iffy software support.

or… it may be the sense part is just taking too long and they want something out there quicker? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@PimaxUSA which variant will be included in the backers reward package?

1 Like

All I can add at the moment on timing is both devices went through the design phase and are in the firmware, refinement and production phase. The Sense firmware/software is much more elaborate and requires more time than the Sword.

4 Likes

I, for one. am excited about the Sense announcement. :slight_smile: I hope second half shipment doesn’t get delayed.

We will be putting out some videos probably late in the month showing the two devices in operation. It’s going to be a busy month…

5 Likes

…and smaller, lighter, replaceable battery, likely longer battery life, much more ergonomic, LH 2.0 compatible and more. Lower cost. I think once people get to test these in real world scenarios a lot of the benefits will really shine.

7 Likes

It is much more a copy of the rift touch. They have copied 1:1 the rift touch design and added the strap idea from the knukles and the ring surrounding the wrist.

Judging from the picture showing the replaceable battery Pimax may even have copied the rift touch magnet system to open/close the battery bay.

Which variant of controller will be included in the backers reward package?

1 Like

Will be made a system of choice :grinning:

Please note that he says it will be a “system of choice”, but not for whom. It’s vague as to whether the choice is for backers, pre-orders, or present and future orders.

Some clarity is needed here.

3 Likes

Well, my question for PimaxUSA seemed to be quite straightforward and meant exactly all the backers.

1 Like

Then he should have no problem stating for clarity that the backers will, in fact, get a choice.

2 Likes