@pimaxusa Where's Monday's update?

…and smaller, lighter, replaceable battery, likely longer battery life, much more ergonomic, LH 2.0 compatible and more. Lower cost. I think once people get to test these in real world scenarios a lot of the benefits will really shine.

7 Likes

It is much more a copy of the rift touch. They have copied 1:1 the rift touch design and added the strap idea from the knukles and the ring surrounding the wrist.

Judging from the picture showing the replaceable battery Pimax may even have copied the rift touch magnet system to open/close the battery bay.

Which variant of controller will be included in the backers reward package?

1 Like

Will be made a system of choice :grinning:

Please note that he says it will be a “system of choice”, but not for whom. It’s vague as to whether the choice is for backers, pre-orders, or present and future orders.

Some clarity is needed here.

3 Likes

Well, my question for PimaxUSA seemed to be quite straightforward and meant exactly all the backers.

1 Like

Then he should have no problem stating for clarity that the backers will, in fact, get a choice.

2 Likes

So were the controllers the Monday announcement?

2 Likes

Technically, if you have already v1 lighthouses you do not need to buy v2. Index controllers should work (technically) with v1 the same way Pimax works with v1 LHs.

Well, I do not think that he should have problems with this.
It seems everything is very clear.
Although I do not mind if he once again confirms this for your peace of mind :beers: :grin:

I am glad that he took the time and gave us very interesting and important information in answering questions!:+1:

Your question was very straight forward, his answer was not.

If it was directed at backers, why the mention of pricing? Backers have already paid for the reward. Why the comment about availability? Backers should be first in line (as promised) when they become ‘available’.

Again, choice for whom?

3 Likes

Last time “announcement” from @PimaxUSA was that the lighthouses were in the production, and we were discussing when they will be shipped to the backers and whether it would make sense to ship them before the controllers or not.

So when are we getting the lighthouses? Was it even announced?

4 Likes

Well, I think so, the information is also relevant for pre-orders / buyers in terms of prices.
And information about availability depends on the time of implementation of this system of choice, which is not yet available.

Once we fully established supply on the LH 2.0’s the LH 2.0 compatible controllers were fairly close. Close enough that sync’ing the deliveries became a strong consideration.

Now that we are at the end stage on the controllers and achieved the end stage on the LH 2.0’s we can start releasing data on pricing, availability, systems for choice, full packages etc. and more importantly for some we pour more resources into the other accessories. This accelerates all items that required focused refinements from our mechanical engineering team.

5 Likes

@PimaxUSA

Will backers get a choice on which variant will satisfy your reward commitment to them and, if so, will it require additional funds for the ‘Sense’ variant?

3 Likes

you made my day ! LOL :+1:

1 Like

It is inexplicable to me that @PimaxUSA is avoiding a simple, direct question that every backer who backed a complete package wants to know…

Will backers get to choose the ‘Sense’ variant and will doing so cost them extra?

4 Likes

@PimaxUSA All your explanations do not clarify any of the doubts or clear a real time delivery line.

What we need is for the sponsors to receive the most advanced controller model.:thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That it has the finger tracker etc…

It is not a question of receiving soon, but the controller that we were promised during the campaign and development of kickstarter.

And that controller is the Sense model.

And so on… That we must wait another 6 or more months to receive the complete pack and what happens with the rest of accessories?

Headband, eyed tracking, etc …:zipper_mouth_face:

What were 1 and a half years of delays? :tired_face:

4 Likes

@PimaxUSA What about backers who only have LH(s) in their pledge, without controllers ?

When will you ship those LHs to backers ?

Why would backers who only added LHs to their pledge need to wait the controllers are ready as they will only receive LH(s) anyway ?

Will it be possible to buy the Sword and Sword Sense alone (= without LHs) ?

Is it an option to let backers use the wireless module $100 coupon on the Sword Sense instead of the wireless module ? (even if it was partially, like for covering the controllers shipping cost)

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks for a quick and precise response on this issue :slight_smile: