Pimax VISION 8K Plus vs. 5k+ - What differences?

Truly impressive, I am excited for DLSS 2.0 and the next gen nvidia cards!

1 Like

I cant think of any way where having a wire dangling to the side in VR for eye tracking is going to be immersive.

Honestly this makes eye tracking for the X an absolute ? Mark especially when we dont know how well its going to work or be supported.

Does Pimax seriously want us to use USB hubs and strap to our heads on a headset most people payed over a Grand for?

1 Like

Does the wire have to dangle?

Can You see the wire which You’ve neatly tucked away when in VR?

Seriously, some people here need to take a chill pill…

1 Like

I’d love to be wrong. Tbh I’d love to be wrong about everything and have my headset shipped tomorrow, no RMA issues, praise Pimax etc etc.

I hope to god I’m wrong about lots of things. Anyways Pimax isn’t known for prioritizing comfort or the user experience. If I have to backtrack and apologize to Pimax for being wrong I’d gladly take it anyday when they do an amazing job.

@DrWilken

Anyways @PimaxUSA said that they have something shipping to US and Sweden so I assume that they are receiving the modules and can show us how wires fit or if it dangles or not. I hope it doesn’t.

4 Likes

He said HAND tracking, not eye tracking, although I wonder if that would be the case for both. I personally only went for Eye Tracking because of the power it’ll need from the GPU to perform at those resolutions, but if theres a wire going around that is very strange. I guess they couldnt fit it into the same housing they’ve been reusing?

Is this the same for EYE tracking, as it is for HAND tracking? The connection is using a wire around the headset?

I’ll refrain from commenting until Pimax Day 3 is over and if I get my shipping notification. I swear each day is like a brand new headache.

I’m sure this is just an early adopter tax and in a year they’ll make a revision with 2 USBs and everyone will freak out again.

1 Like

My idea is that Pimax will sell eye tracker integrated 8KX after sending all the backer and upgrade plan products for sure.

Watch 8:00.
Also I did not noticed it when I first watched it but this video also hinted us that 8KX do not support upper type c at 9:55…
That cable is damn hillarious especially for most expensive commercial flagship HMD.

One more funny thing is Pimax stated that 8KX has ‘two’ type C connectors on its official website.

1 Like

Well designs change for a reason. Maybe it was just taking too much power. I dont blame them because i know it will be a power hungry headset and using 2x USB-C is alot of power.

1 Like

Not a power problem. If pimax HMDs had no secondary power input, you must be right.

1 Like

Having both, it’s hard to say - I would say that the 8k+ delivers more visual information. I Just got the Config in ACC really nice 2 days ago with AA and hell I will take the 8k+ always before the 5k+. It’s been sitting in its box. But nativ seems just sharper, because alle aligns more, if that means you get more information out of it - I don’t think so and I do feel more immersed in the 8k+. If you are making the swap and considered about sharpness, well get the 8k X. Otherwise I really like my 8k+!

Can you share your in-game, steamVR, and nvidia settings for ACC? If you dont mind?

1 Like

Sure, 1.25 pi tools, 120 Steam, I will add the rest later when I get to the PC and edit the post - family time first :wink:.

EDIT:
It is a first attempt - next get more FPS and more FOV.
Well, seems some update reset all the settings - not sure if it was an ACC Update or the NVidia Driver Today.
I think i have it almost the same again. The important part for me was epic Antialiasing and KTAA or Temporal, since it removes the distance “jidder” and provides a stable image on both eyes I Like the KTAA more).

@MikeJeffries I hope you can read it, the Dialogs are in the HMD only, so it was a quick through the lens mobile shot to get the settings all.

2 Likes

Awesome - thank you.
That sounds high so im wondering what other settings were. Also 90/120hz ? You mean steam 120 SS right?

1 Like

Ouch! That seems like a serious drawback. I was hoping to plug it some sort of cooling module there.

3 Likes

@PimaxUSA so those of us who ordered the handtracking module on the kickstarter with the 8kx will not be able to use it with the eyetracking module also a kickstarter item, i mean, seriously wtf dude?

1 Like

Not only that but its also… dishonest? Even if we disregard the precedent set by the previous Pimax HMDs (including most notably the 8K+), the store page claims it has two. Whats going on with this?

2 Likes

Yes, odd. Particularly if passthrough is an option then there has to be enough power for both the eye tracking and the hand tracking modules. @PimaxUSA, what was the reason that the upper USB-C port was ommitted for the 8kX?

2 Likes

Did, paid for in October 2017 or so … have yet to get any actual hardware.

2 Likes

@PimaxUSA, Also, aren’t some people currently using the top port to solve an issue with the Index controllers? It’s very short-sighted to reduce the modularity of Pimax’s top-of-the-line modular headset.

3 Likes