Pimax VISION 8K Plus vs. 5k+ - What differences?

Thanks, that is a very interesting data point!

THe next thread i should start is to ask what the differences are between 5k+ and Artisan lol. I know the FOV is smaller, but how does it compare to Small, Normal, Large, etc.? and suchā€¦

What about depth of image? Is 3D effect different in your opinion? Thanks

Iirc, Artisan Large FOV is slightly smaller than 5K+ Normal FOV and the pixel density of the Artisan is higher (more smaller pixels are visible). The Artisan should be a bit clearer with less SDE.

No all the same. The clarity in the 8KX is ridiculous thoughā€¦ so much so that it seemed to reintroduce a tiny (I mean tiny) screen door effect that the 8K + completely eliminates. But the 8k+ isnā€™t as sharp.

1 Like

The 8KX is superior to the 8k+ in all but one way. The + has the upper USB-C port and the final Xā€™s donā€™t.

1 Like

What? Then where can we attach eye tracking module?

1 Like

It connects to the bottom via a cable that runs around the side.

1 Like

Does that mean 8KX canā€™t handle eye tracking module and hand tracking module at once?

On an 8kX you need the version of the hand tracking that has a pass-through. The first hand tracking modules donā€™t have the passthrough yet.

Can you tell me when can I choose pass through capable version? I already ordered a module about a half year ago.

1 Like

Also what is the point of that design? Are you going to sell eye tracker integrated 8KX later to make first 8KX users feel ā€˜greatā€™?

Everybody will receive the same hand tracking and those with the X will just be able to run one module at a time at first. We are examining creation of an adapter that would allow it to connect without the passthrough.

1 Like

Wait, how are the 8k x going to attach to the hand tracking module without a USB-C Port?
I dont care about hand tracking as much as EYE tracking. Will this be available to the 8K X at launch? @PimaxUSA

1 Like

It uses the USB-C connector in the bottom of the headset.

1 Like

That is really disappointing that I have to put cable around the flagship HMD anyway while others donā€™t.
Also I canā€™t understand what you are talking now. You said that first hand trackers do not have passthrough and now saying that every hand trackers are same and X will not able to run two modules at first. Does that mean hand trackers will never have passthrough until the seperate adapter being launched?

This is rather strange. The product page for the X lists two USB Type C ports, just as the other Pimax HMDs have. Why this glaring omission for the X? Was it not possibleā€¦?

2 Likes

OOOOH ok i see. the 8k+ has the top and bottom ports.

1 Like

Yeah, it seems the 8KX only has the bottom port (which we all probably thought was for the hand-tracking module) while all other headsets have both top and bottom ports.

Agreed on 5k+ vs 8k+. Newer upscaling concepts can indeed add clarity - by inventing plausible details:

Awesome stuff, might still take some time though until we have chips that can to that in an HMD.

3 Likes