Pimax Update 17/02/2020

Dear Pimax Enthusiasts,

Here is the latest update.

First, we are very saddened for those who have been personally affected by the CoronaVirus outbreak both here in China and people in countries where this has spread. This has not only affected a great deal of production in China, over 1,500 people have lost their lives and their families are forever effected by this tragic outbreak.

After having a number of meetings with our supply chain partners we are ready to disclose our initial findings. As is true for a great many companies across China our production lines have also been affected causing some parts to have additional leadtime and limited production staff with some partners.

We did resume work in our offices and normal locations on February 10th but with some government imposed restrictions, over 80% of us are set to work from home to avoid any risk of virus spreading.

This has resulted in some delays but our goal is to rapidly resume and even increase our production to try to make up for lost time. For the moment we have prioritized 8k+ and 8kX production over Artisan production in order to accelerate deliveries of those product lines. We will also make every other effort possible to further accelerate production as opportunities present themselves to do so.

Included with this notice we are releasing some information below that should give you some idea about what the level of delay for each product will likely be affected.

If you have further questions please don’t hesitate to ask us and we would like to offer all of you our profound THANKS for your continued support and pushing forward with our shared dream of amazing, immersive experiences.

PRODUCTION INFORMATION:

8kX / Some materials are delayed for 3 weeks. Samples late march, first batch build expected April 2nd. We will advise further as we progress on ramping up this production with more information.

8k+ / Some materials are delayed but next batch back is back production today / February 17th.

Artisan / We are slowing down Artisan production to prioritize 8kX and 8k+ production. We will fully resume these at a later date.

MAS / Next sample sets end of February. Small batches in March, full ramp in end of April. Goal is very high volume production during the summer with numerous smaller batches deliveries leading up to summer.

Index Controllers and Base Station deliveries / We have these in stock and are resuming these shipments now.

Packaging / We must temporarily use the original packaging for the next deliveries of the 8k+.

Hand Tracking Module / We are currently in production on the first 100 sets of the hand tracking modules and we will be displaying this version at GDC 2020 with the initial shipments in April 2020.

Eye Tracking Module / We have continued to refine the eye tracking module and as this involves our partner we are still gathering information on the release. We were able to show a universal DFR driver at CES and are still refining both that and other features as well. We will advise further on this module soon once we have had more meetings with our partner.

God Bless Everyone

Have a nice day

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

40 Likes

Please advise on Dispatch of Backers Base station’s,(for the backers who requested there LH’s first before Hand Controllers).
Thank you for the update and stay healthy.
@PimaxQuorra

4 Likes

How long will the backer upgrade programm exist?

3 Likes

@Heliosurge, should this post be in a different category? Pretty important post to buried down in the General Discussion category

2 Likes

Hello Acegamer,

We will post it on the Pimax Official category, but you can’t comment any on that post, so we would love to hear feedback from you guys, so we make it at here before moving it back to the official bulletins.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

11 Likes

Hello Nukular,

Currently the upgrade plan is still exist, until further notice!

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

5 Likes

So no Update on the Artisan housing issues but my post was locked for a stupid reason ?

Do I really have to post another one or use other social medias as well ?

Copy has been copied to Pimax Official. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

You must have not read the lock reason.

1 Like

I have but you just could have deleted the pictures mentioned. So there is no point given.

The pictures of the housings are there. I am sure an update on the Artisan is being worked on. Just try to be patient please.

@PimaxQuorra

1-) What about posting some pixtures of your index controllers and base stations stock ? (like you were doing with 8K/5K+ HMDs)

2a) What is the additionnal cost to add index controllers when your KS pledge only contains a HMD (5K+ for me) and possibly one or more base stations (2 for me) ?

2b) Can we use the $100 “coupon” (from 8K>5K+ switch) to reduce that cost ? (= for adding index controllers to a pledge containing no controllers at all)

2c) Do we keep all our rewards when adding index controllers to a pledge containing no controller at all ? (rewards = MAS, $100 coupon for wireless module, etc)

Thank you

1 Like

The Official account for Updates is PimaxQuorra.

Communication structure is still being fixed up.

1 Like

So the COO has nothing to say and no statement at all ? So was he lying ? Where did he get his informations from ?

Pimax really need to improve communication, quality and also transparacy whats going on in all regards.

Also jokes on the “weekly” updates. Insted of just making another headset and another headset you should improve what is lacking.

Theres a separate announcement coming up about the Artisan housing.

10 Likes

Thank you for the update. It makes sense to put a priority on the 8KX and 8K+, as both of those headsets have been on preorder and backed much longer than the Artisan.

7 Likes

The news in Spanish / La noticia en Español.

10 Likes

Added your link to official Announcement. Thanks Cdaked.

2 Likes

@PimaxQuorra

How many (Final) Pimax 8K X are in the first build expected April 2nd ?

1 Like

Hi,
Delays due to the Corona Virus are understandable. I pre-ordered an Artisan in Late January – Do you have any monthly estimate on when i can expect to receive it?

@PimaxQuorra

4 Likes