Pimax Update 17/02/2020

I have added Pimaxquorra to your post and raised your user level by 1.

You can click on his name in your post and send a PM with Order number.

5 Likes

@Pimax

I am again impressed by the way you guys are interacting with the community here!

Until the past couple of months I did not have a positive impression of Pimax. Between your clear efforts to improve communication with us, the hiring of Martin Lammi and the fantastic work he has done since, and the on-the-spot decision to send Matthew Hines home with a prototype 8K X I feel like I can now say that I am truly a Pimax supporter. These things all demonstrate not only good decision making happening at Pimax, but also respect for your community of Pimax users. If possible please let others at Pimax know that we have noticed all these things and that we appreciate them very much.

Please continue to communicate with us in this way, this is a very, very good thing! I think you will also find that frequent updates of this kind will help very much in reducing angry or upset posts from backers waiting for their PImax products.

Stay safe and best wishes.

16 Likes

Does this mean that, if all goes well, Pimax will send first batch 8KX with MAS (as @mixedrealityTV had) attached but in a new packaging ?

2 Likes

Old Packaging likely means the boxes we received with 8k & 5k+ so MAS likely in it’s own box.

3 Likes

Really was hoping the MAS to be ready for march. What about the comfort Kit?

1 Like

Comfort kit has been shipping so no worries there as far as I know as it has been shipping with 8k+.

MAS either way is likely to have it’s own box as once both ready there is 2 options.

1 Like

Ok i.just ordered the comfort kit. Hopefully I get that by march.

What is the current plan? I mean what is new the deadline for backers to upgrade? Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you for the update.

A little point that appears to have been missed perhaps is an update of the availability of the Pimax hand controllers. (Sword/Sword Sense).

Q) Do Kickstarter backers who selected ‘Full Package’ in 2017 get their Pimax Sword/Sword Sense controllers delivered in ‘one big parcel’ in the future (maybe in summer 2020), or are backers going to receive their headsets/base stations first, with the hand controllers delivered months later?

Thank you, and of course as we all know, what matters most is not electronics but the health of everyone in China and the rest of the world affected by Corona virus. All our thoughts and prayers are with those affected and lets hope that a treatment and eventual vaccine is available as soon as possible to reduce suffering and save lives.

13 Likes

Hello Stixvr,

This is for the backer - Backer Upgrade

Another one will be the current owner - Current owner upgrade

Deadline will be announce upon next update.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

Hello Hkent,

Hopefully you will receive your parcel by March/April!

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

How’s the shipping of index to Australia? Still ready for late Feb early March?

And comfort kits?

2 Likes

Hello Pimax Devs
Any ETA for new Pitool ? Latest alpha is not really usable because of instability

6 Likes

@PimaxVR @PimaxUSA @SweViver @mixedrealityTV

Facts

1. PIMAX 8K X is the flagship VR from Pimax
  2. PIMAX is making great efforts to produce All VR headsets and accessories
  3. MAS will be ready before Pimax 8K X
  4. MAS was showed as an integral part of Vision series with great emphasis from @mixedrealityTV at VR days
  5. Every Exibition of Pimax 8KX people was wearing MAS
  6. There are 4 people using NOW Pimax 8K X with MAS finding easily the sweetspot while trying new firmware/Pitool , benchmarcking games with the help of the MAS
  7. Pimax having many preorders of MAS from users with PIMAX 5k+/8K . They are waiting MAS. But they backed/bought their headset without MAS

Italian proverb
“Ora che abbiamo fatto 30, facciamo 31”
English literal translation
Now that we made 30, made 31
English Translation
In for a penny, in for a pound

30 is to made Pimax 8K X, MAS, boxes for MAS, to use Ready boxes for Pimax 8K X, to send separately Pimax 8K X and MAS, someone will have both, some one will have first 8KX and then MAS, someone not receiving MAS because HAPPENS and then asking/saying on pimax forums “When i will receive MAS ?”, “Where are instructions to attack the MAS ?”… “20 minutes of work to install MAS !”…

31 is to made a new box for Pimax 8K X and MAS, to attack at the factory the MAS to 8K X, to CHECK EVERYTHING BEFORE SHIPPING…to have only one shipping, to have better first impressions of Pimax 8K X from backers is the best way to have new orders for Pimax

Thank you for reading

Have a nice day

Sincerely,
Fabrizio. Backer 8K X

When will 8kX backers get return labels for loan units?

When will comfort kit ship?

@PimaxQuorra

3 Likes

any updates on the deluxe audio strap ?

5 Likes

We’ve answered this before. When a specific unit intended for you is produced that is when the arrangements for the headset return will be made.

1 Like

Sorry, thats the first time I’ve seen that explanation.
So, do I have to wait however many weeks while the loaner is making its way back to China before you ship my 8KX, or do you cross ship?

I mean, there’s only 400 of us, so given the per day build rates pimax have shared in the past thats only a few days production, so deliberately slowing the whole process down that way seems mad. Mine has been boxed up ready to go since October, why can’t you guys just give me the label already?

6 Likes

Also, just because it is answered before doesn’t mean that the answer is still the same. Pimax said 4 months ago the free backer codes were being sent out, 4 months later, many don’t have them still. So if sending out codes is that difficult to wrangle, then it is easy to see why many backers have to ask questions so many times.

12 Likes