Pimax Time to answer the CES train wreck

Who gives a fck about mirq…just a spoiled brat nothing more…no sense of empathy or understanding how development works.

only hear 1 thing, money money and money…it takes you exact 15 days or 30 days to get that money back…i don’t think you can make us a headset in 30 days ,60 days , 90 days or 500 days even if you got unlimited funds.

making a HDM is not about the money, it is about making all components work together , just like music notes work together to create a tune /a song/ something nice to behold…

People like you think it is all so simple, so narrow minded. typical consumer behavior 21st century.

Anyway hope we don’t see a post anymore from you with negativity. you crying solves nothing, neither does it change the present or future of pimax. nothing constructive there.

So keep your word and don’t post because you are done, if you do post, well we know you not to be taken too serious and you are way too emotional irrational in your behavior.

Peace

4 Likes

Peace, may the powerflower be with you guys , you are a bunch of dreamers, well not all , but the most.

2 Likes

Please get your communication issues with the customers sorted out! If we were on the loop on what’s happening, as you guys promised we would, nothing of this damage control would be happening.

It’s not that hard, make a journal and post news on the development, issues fixed, current issues, like, twice a month and we would all be happy campers.

Otherwise you better hire firefighters instead of community managers!

6 Likes

From Facebook

First explanations given by Pimax, from the hand of Xunshu Li in charge of Marketing and Communication:

The prototype v5 is the first created with the tools for mass production. It still needs a lot of adjustment work; however, we decided to take it to the CES to show the sponsors the latest version.

We made several changes to v5 before CES:

For example, lenses and their mechanical design are new versions made with the new tools. The change can generate new problems, such as reflections, but they will be eliminated and the benefit of the new design will be revealed after the set-up.

To achieve an approximate increase of 30% in terms of brightness level, we added 3 more LEDs on the backlight panel from 12 to 15 and also increased its power supply. As a result, current supply elsewhere has decreased and new problems have arisen, such as tracking performance. It is not difficult to solve, the team is working on it.

We use Valve’s tracking technology, tracking will not be a problem in the final product.

After the hardware and software tuning, and solving all the problems, we plan to send a limited number of test units to the selected sponsors, and we can take the units to more sponsors to try on new tours.

The details of the problems and the analysis, together with the shipping schedule, will be updated later this month.

Asked about strange distortions, fish eye view, convergence problems and wall effect, she answers:

Yes, we will make sure to correct them. The machine needs more adjustments.

2 Likes

Backers not customers. Only the 4k & BE owners are customers.

3 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1, this was seen coming, so I proposed at the time to make a development newsletter.

I put it there, is from above.

Customers, we gave them money to give us something in return. Now they might not give us anything, but we are still expecting something

1 Like

Kickstarter is not a store. You are a backer gambling on this company’s success please read Kickstarter faq.

6 Likes

Sorry but no we are not customers but investors who have taken a risk in investing in a companies idea. Good news first if they are succesfull we get rewarded bad news if they fail your money is gone but that is part of the gamble on Kickstarter.

5 Likes

Are you going to fix the heavy and uncofy bad design of the headset? or it is only uncomfortable out of the lab?

1 Like

Sometime, I think that if you are negative so much from other review and feel making a mistake by backing this project.

When you get the headset, you only sell it immediatly for the new condition without testing anymore. lol.
Don’t panic with the issues every time, we are still in development process.

2 Likes

Xunshu thank you for this response. Please can you do a much better job of keeping us backers regularly updated, and with actual technical discussions like this one, not just high-level/marketing news.

2 Likes

This is good , understanding in something is rest for good news comming

love the new lenses, they are huge!.

keep it going pimax, you can do this.

3 Likes

Ok, backers. But does it really matter? Should we be discussing semantics? My point is that nothing of this needed to happen. First was the 90hz stuff, they made a nice post saying how they are sorry and that they would be transparent from then on. Now we are having this.
I do understand that they are having trouble getting it right, that it’s normal and so on. It’s not my first Kickstarter and I had worse already, but I didn’t care that much for those projects as I do care about this.
I’m indeed frustrated about the ways things are going, and it’s not the dev issues, is the over promising and under delivering (on communication, as the rest so far is just over promises).
Is it that hard to do?

2 Likes

@ mirq - Using terms such as “I demand” makes you come across like…

2 Likes

Its not fun watching reviews of bad games. To be fair, all the games he’s covered ARE good games. And he slammed doom vfr for performance, fo4vr for performance issues. Maybe you could make the suggestion he have dedicated video doing quick rundown of games that suck. He’s got a day job, like you. So what games do you spend your free time playing? The crap ones?

1 Like

30 PERCENT brighter!!! YES!

2 Likes

I agree, those new lenses are sexy/ Sounds like they are attempting to bump the fov to almost full fov.

1 Like