Pimax Time to answer the CES train wreck

We will post a detailed issue list and report when the team gets back from the show.

32 Likes

Thank you @deletedpimaxrep1 for updating us with what’s going on. Please don’t forget to update the kickstarter campaign too when possible as many won’t see this on the forums.

11 Likes

Thank to you, xunshu

5 Likes

Thanks Xunshu. Thats exactly the response that is needed. I hope the pimax team understand that backers, for the most part, dont have a problem with things going wrong or technical difficulties as long as they you are open about them and can explain a plan to resolve them. What scares the most is things going wrong with no explanation.

That being said, in my opinion, I think CES could have been handled better from you. A little more attention to detail, forward planning and professionalism would have really gone a long way.

I look forward to hear more from the Pimax team once they return from CES.

11 Likes

Exactly this.

I think it was just a bad idea to even go to CES. I think what happened is that they made those CES plans months ago based on where there headset already was (pretty good with V3), extrapolated that and figured V5 would be ready to show to the masses. They obviously didn’t expect those new issue’s to arise, resulting in a HMD version that would do more harm than good showing it to the big public.

Either way, things go how they go, let it all be a lesson. Now Pimax just needs to focus on fixing and tuning V5.

5 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1

About the head strap. Which model is the definitive one?
A)

http://community.openmr.ai/uploads/default/original/2X/5/50885f0e49af12071e9043b479d23669f50c5e9d.jpg

B)

http://community.openmr.ai/uploads/default/original/2X/5/54b6edea0ac2050e5287b389c063c710a6d9e037.png

3 Likes

Could you please include an update on the Pimax 5k in that? We haven’t heard anything in a while.

3 Likes

Thanks xunshu. Please keep us in the loop. These hands on’s reviews are causing concern be we still believe that a good product can come out of this.

2 Likes

Well
A) definitely looks wobbly. Can it handle quick head turns?
B) looks nice, but can it accommodate fans to cool the forehead? What about the wireless module? And it looks like it will make the headset front heavy.

If the second (B) is better to distribute the weight of the headset on the head and is more comfortable as it seems, I will always prefer it.

Thank you for the detailed response.

Go Pimax!. Thanks for the information. I don’t know if CES was the best idea to showcase v5 because I lack the info.Anyway good luck, hope everything comes together.

2 Likes

maybe because of this that the hands-on speaks about a Unexpected Mura?

@deletedpimaxrep1 how pimax will fix this?

"mura (color and brightness inconsistency between pixels, resulting in a faint ‘cloudy’ look over your view). Pimax is using LCD displays, and I therefore expected little to no mura, but it was apparent, especially because it seemed to be concentrated into long horizontal rows of pixels that appeared slightly lighter than those above or below them. "

1 Like

Let’s analyze your sentence carefully:

" People from different countries and backgrounds are not identical in terms of vision, sensitivity, and preference"
Maybe some nations prefer sloppy tracking while others like blur images. Who knows ?

“It’s not our plan to hide the prototype in the lab until the product perfectly done.”

Really ? Then where is the pictures and videos with your progress between november and now ? The community begged almost daily for benchmarks and info about your progress. And yet you came out with nothing. Until now.

I dont’ want to be a hater. I just say that from now on I need to change the way we interact. I demand more transparency about what you actually do not only declarations which cant be proved.

And I didnt use the word “we” too much here (despite I should). Everyone is on his own, it seems to me here.

5 Likes

Oh shut up already…

2 Likes

Ok , I am done. nothing more to say but good bye to money.

1 Like

Even if so all your shouting would’t change a thing.

3 Likes

I am done, I said.
Post must be at fuckn least 20 characters

1 Like

You should’ve kissed them goodbye as soon as the ks ended. :wink:
But I can say, with certainty, that when all is said and done and when rain, sunshine, leaves and snow has fell again - mirq will open a package with a big psychotic grin on his face! :pensive: :worried: :frowning: :scream: :astonished: :laughing: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah, deep words. I need some grass too.

2 Likes