Pimax Time to answer the CES train wreck

So a lot reviews of the 8k at CES 2018 are very concerning. Weird optic issues (reflections top & bottom and peripheral vision) Unable to get the screen “in focus”. Running at 80hz causing lag. Tracking off. Brightness being poor. Strap being poor.

This is Bad, really bad. You go to CES and show off something that supposed to be 3 months out and it sounds more like 1 year out and now us backers are very worried if these issues will even be fixed.

Please reply with your answers. As a backer I’m not happy and very worried that I have been scammed

12 Likes

better you add to your post

@deletedpimaxrep1

1 Like

Don’t you think it is a bit premature to be demanding info on the “CES 2018 Train Wreck” while the show is STILL going on?

Is any of the information upon which you are basing your current indignant posture gathered first-hand?

Why don’t you just sit back and wait for the show to finish, the people and reviews to be in and finalized, and a full post-show debrief can then be brought forward? Or would you rather that they just fold up tents and get to answering your questions right now because your couple dollars of risky venture capital may be in jeopardy?

5 Likes

Gonna be a long flight home

Lot of road2vr retweets

Can’t find personal reviews in twitter, google news or any other source.

1 Like

forgot to add the bad mura effects people are seeing

2 Likes

Slow down there buddy, okay?

1 Like

A. CES is currently ongoing.
B. I do not know, nor do I care to know, the reviewers you are citing - they literally mean nothing to me.
C. Since show still in progress, a full internal accounting of the reviews cannot be performed.
D. I never assume to speak for someone else, I therefore expect the same of others.

Hope this helps clear up my position - YMMV

2 Likes

Oh come on. If you don’t even know “RoadToVR” then you dont know anything about VR, it’s probably THE biggest VR site out there. They just gave a very bad review. If that doesn’t concern you, then what does …

12 Likes

Nope, never heard of them. Besides, I have reviewers that I trust implicitly already on the ground in Vegas and will be interested to hear their feedback when they get home.

As for the “doesn’t concern you, what does…” I can say that nothing on these forums concerns me one iota. You see I backed a Kickstarter project with a significant sum of money. Since I went into this arrangement with the understanding that I was providing Venture Capital to grow and existing technology business, I considerd all of the funds as gone the moment I funded. Gambling is a risky game, and one should never gamble more than they are prepared to loose. Kickstarter is gambling to the nth degree, so the rule applies twice over.

Once they announced delays in the schedule I knew that there was a possibility that things were going to go badly at CES - so the current forum panic is no shock to me. I know that any visionary technology project WILL have setbacks and false steps forward, it is the nature of the beast. As such I am willing to wait for Pimax to finish the show, compile feedback, assess priorities, and address the forum about the March timeframe that had been presented earlier.

I am confident and content with the pace of the project at this time. I will reassess my position at a later date.

9 Likes

CES is currently ongoing.

Yes and pimax is showing the V5 of the HMD that is supposed to be out in 3 months and hands on are showing big issues

do not know, nor do I care to know, the reviewers you are citing - they literally mean nothing to me

Well then, fine if you want to put your head in the sand, just don’t ask me for info then.

Since show still in progress, a full internal accounting of the reviews cannot be performed.

Sure, fine but these people who have had hands on with it I trust, they are not flyby nighters and do not have an axe to grind

I never assume to speak for someone else, I therefore expect the same of others.

This is why i am asking pimax for answers

2 Likes

[quote=“Hessfire, post:3, topic:4955, full:true”]
Don’t you think it is a bit premature to be demanding info on the “CES 2018 Train Wreck” while the show is STILL going on?[/quote]
It probably is a bit early to answer. However when the leading VR blog site releases a 2 page review of their experiences of your product you better be on the ball and respond quickly to keep customer relations from deteriorating, just like what we are seeing now.

That’s why people leave the technical diagnosis to experts like RoadToVR which is probably THE main site that VR fans trust in. Other reviews will appear too but the cat is out the bag already. It doesn’t matter if unknown Dave of London tested it first hand and thought it was “great”.

No matter how you paint it, the RoadToVR review is worrying and Pimax DO know about it. They just haven’t responded to it yet which brings us back to your first point and my points thereafter.

3 Likes

One Review, no firsthand information of your own, and no grounds to panic[quote=“peteo, post:11, topic:4955”]
Well then, fine if you want to put your head in the sand, just don’t ask me for info then
[/quote]

I didn’t ask you for information, I am waiting for my own information from sources I consider to be of higher orders of reliability than the SINGLE review you put forth.[quote=“peteo, post:11, topic:4955”]
Sure, fine but these people who have had hands on with it I trust, they are not flyby nighters and do not have an axe to grind
[/quote]

Again - 1 review does not a show make.[quote=“peteo, post:11, topic:4955”]
This is why i am asking pimax for answers
[/quote]

Demanding is more the tone that is being taken, and you are not really in a position to demand anything. The nature of venture capital is that sometimes you win, sometimes you loose - but as a Kickstarter you do not have the ability to demand anything.

2 Likes

One Review, no firsthand information of your own, and no grounds to panic

additional hands from Reddit posters are saying the same thing.

but hey wait for your “coveted sources” that are “higher orders of reliability”. Im sure they will say the same thing. You sound and are a total joke.

I can ask for a response just like anyone else can. Its up to them if want to reply to the pimax community or just let us read hands on articles and let the media shape the narrative of their product

3 Likes

Because everyone should believe the musings from the cesspool of the Internet - I think not.

I am quite sure they will not, but will await their assessment rather than put words in their mouth.

But you aren’t asking, you are demanding and demeaning them and doing so “in the name of the community”.

Bottom line they owe you nothing and you are not in a position to be making demands - Grow Up and Shut Up.

1 Like

Wow, love how you think your the police for Pimax. and NO I WILL NOT SHUT UP.
I have every right to post on this forum. if you do not like it then leave.

Also I find it funny that you do not “trust” road to VR when Pimax them selves have re-tweeted them
https://twitter.com/pimaxofficial/with_replies

2 Likes

Hehe I admire your energy. But this “hessfire” guy isn’t making any sense at all with his posts. He lost me when he said he hasn’t even heard of “roadtoVR”, what’s the point in arguing then.

5 Likes

Love your command of grammar - it’s You’re not your. But I guess you will learn that once you graduate to the second grade.

As for having every right to post - true, that privilege does exist. But you do NOT have the right to make demands, demean, denigrate, or abuse Pimax or myself. I also posses the same privilege and will continue to post when, where, and if I feel it appropriate.[quote=“peteo, post:16, topic:4955”]
Also I find it funny that you do not “trust” road to VR when Pimax them selves have re-tweeted themhttps://twitter.com/pimaxofficial/with_replies
[/quote]

I don’t trust anything I cannot verify for myself unless it comes from a source that I have independently vetted and sourced. Relying on someone else means you are basing an opinion on an opinion - it is hearsay at best and biased supposition at worst.

3 Likes

Respectfully, RoadToVR has lost a good bit of journalistic integrity these days. Plenty of stuff to cite here, not the least of which is their recent harassment fiascos. Unless it’s about eye candy or big, dumb, obvious facts I wouldn’t waste your time with them.

1 Like

Not sure which ‘harassment fiasco’ you’re talking about? Either way it’s one of the, probably even THE biggest VR website out there. A demolishing review like they just wrote means something. Besides that, everything they wrote is easily verifiable, I’m sure they did not lie about anything, that would make no sense.

Besides that, other users reported the same problems.

4 Likes