Pimax Time to answer the CES train wreck

Your mixing th harressment with upload.com, that was not road to VR.

@Heliosurge @Sjef

One thing I can tell you for certain is Road to VR have been extremly basis toward HTC and Oculus during the 8k campaign. Not saying for one second the new prototyoe doesn’t have problems. Other users are reporting them but RTVR have had little to no reporting on Pimax over the last year and when they have done a report they tend to focus on the negatives. Anything that VIVE does is absolutly fucking amazing to them. Probably getting some kind of kickback, Flight accommodation free samples where as Pimax gives out nothing. If anyone was going to rubbish Pimax it would be RTVR

@peteo would be really keen to hear you friends take on it. Is it a complete wreck or just need some tuning

2 Likes

Yeah I replied to someone else’s post about that. I always get those two screwed up. Totally my bad and a dumb mistake :slight_smile:

I don’t know mate, pretty much everything they said did make sense and is easily verifiable by others so I really doubt they’d make that stuff up. Besides the user reviews we’ve seen so far pretty much all agree.

1 Like

Looks like a solid ingot… and a crumpled papier-mache at the same time.

Much more dangerous than Vive Knuckle…

I think they need to re think the whole design instead of running in one direction. Remember the tested interview where Robin Weng claimed they had the hardware locked down and ready to produce?? I wouldnt be surprised if the panels were already finalised back then with no chance of improvement

Most importantly they need to restructure the whole face of the company. Robin Weng is the technical brains we all really need to talk to but unfortunately he doesn’t speak a word of english. Matthew xu is just a joke. I Havent seen him answer one question directly. Ru is great but has no technical grasp on the product whatsoever. They really need a proper sales and marketing team

Yes DCS is available for evaluation at the booth

5 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1
How did the show go today. Were you able to deal with yesterday’s issues?

You should totally over react to the initial reviews and post something stupid on the internet…

We are taking the feedback on board and are working hard to resolve any reported issues for the upcoming model.

2 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1
Can you speak to why you developed issues that did not seem to be present in Amsterdam? tracking, fov edges and such that Road to VR reported?

4 Likes

I do understand @Hessfire points here. Sure its blunt but its a simple truth.

As an owner of PiMax 4k Headset

• I am a customer who is entitled iwarranty & support as described in TOU

As PiMax Kickstarter Endorser

• I am gambling on success. Like going to the track & betting on a horse. The Kickstarter levels are to attract people to invest by offering Potenial Rewards on the company’s potential success for helping them on the journey.

Hessfire is as he said. A Venture Capitalist. Now sure he may have heard of RoadtoVR; he stated he has his own trusted people to evaluate progress & potential progress to come.

Backing a kickstarter doesn’t make us customers it makes us gamblers. Whether we have second thoughts or not.

I have over $1500 on a gamble. I accepted the gamble once i chose back. I didn’t purchase shares or product. Aa such I have no right to demand anything.

By demanding things & getting upset over preceived rights of a purchase that never happened only serves to increase stress levels in the team. This can cause rash decisions & lead to failure.

4 Likes

Well here’s hoping we get some eventual DCS feedback.

Author of the road to VR pimax hands on is dong an ask me anything on Reddit. Fire away skeptic

That’s old news. It was posted in the other thread a while ago.

You started this thread and xunshu just posted in it and you have no questions?

My first post is full of questions.

Basically what the heck is going on. Hands on’s are reporting major issues. Why? Why is there a mura effect. Why is there distortion happening & reflections. Why is the tracking bad. Why is there latency.

2 Likes

Yes you did and now we know the answer. They’re working on it.

I have had meetings with the team in Las Vegas as well as the R&D team in Shanghai yesterday. We have gone through the feedback and are confident to fix the reported issues. We will put up a detailed report and shipping plan when the team members get back from the show.

12 Likes

does all your demo run at 80fps without reprojection? if it’s the issue that causing the bad MTP then better reinvite the reviewers during CES and show them something which run fine, the words that it’s “fixed” have to come from them or it will be hard to recover the brand image.

i will call it a train wreck when i get the actual final product and it is bad.

actually the only thing looks like a train wreck right now are the ppl crying because a prototype is not perfect.

2 Likes