Pimax Time to answer the CES train wreck

everyone needs to relax, at least we now know why the tracking wasn’t working right:
http://community.openmr.ai/t/ces-2018-8k-prototype-details-edit0109/4802/433

2 Likes

@Pimax Please, Take your time, make a good headset!

2 Likes

I could not have expressed this any better…

1 Like

Apologies- I realize I am confusing UploadVR with these guys. Totally dumb mistake- disregard that comment.

2 Likes

This Hessfire guy is not to be taken seriously. He sounds like he would be fine with Pimax even if Pimax wouldn’t make any effort at all, because, you know, Kickstarter is all about gambling anyway.

And anyone has a right to demand anything. You can ask for anything - that shouldn’t be rocket science especially for “grown ups” like Hessfire. Answering to questions/demands is of course another story and that is up to Pimax. If Pimax will stay silent, it may affect their business in the long run.

Fingers crossed for Pimax of course, but I’m going to buy Vive Pro and hopefully will be ready to write off the 8K/8KX when the time comes - if necessary.

6 Likes

Given that a lot of money has changed hands, I can understand people being worried. However, consider that Pimax were extremely over-optimistic about when the project would be completed. This stall would have been booked ages ago, and they’d expected to be ready. They weren’t.

This is the main sin that they’re guilty of, by the sounds of it. It led to them taking (what appears to be) a completely botched prototype to the show. I can imagine that there is a lot of scrambling round behind the scenes, and that nobody is happy with what they ended up taking to the CES.

But the point is, work is ongoing. We all know that. The fact that previous headsets were better indicates that this is down to bugfixing and refining the latest prototype. I don’t think there’s any need to be ripping our hair out in clumps at this stage.

2 Likes

The main problem that I have with all of the complaining you guys are doing right now is that the info we are getting from CES is coming in as tiny little chunks. And, all of you are flipping out over every little chunk.

We don’t have a full picture yet…

Wait till CES is over. When we have as much info as possible, then start critiquing and asking what the hell is going on.
Asking for more info is fine… shitting everywhere and demanding refunds that will never happen isn’t helping. I wish I could say I haven’t seen that happening… but I can’t.

3 Likes

So let me get this straight - because I treat an INVESTMENT (that is what Kickstarter is) as an INVESTMENT and not an ENTITLEMENT or PURCHASE, you deem no opinion of mine is worth listening to.

How many projects have you brought forth into the light of day? If anything more than what you can count on one hand then you are just being delusional.

Unfortunately you have your facts wrong here as well. In the real world even owning stock in a company does not grant that right - Ask, maybe so - Demand, not even on a good day.

And as for the sense of entitlement you are displaying…were I you I would tone it down A LOT as it only shows how naive and misinformed you are about the real world (the one outside your mum’s basement)

4 Likes

I agree they deserved for a bad review. Device at this stage was not ready to show . They present only ignorance to backers advices , messy and dirty booth and new issues with device. Their V1 if I’m not wrong been presented first time in January 2017. Looks like they are not learning on mistakes and not progresing. Maybe they hired wrong people for show I dont want even hear from them another excuses. THEY ARE NOT READY for wester world technology standards. This is sad becouse even if they in 6 moths sort out hardware issues ( too optymistic ?) then there will be a lots of problems with software like brainwarp, some games not working , accessories not ready… Dead circle :confused:

I agree they are far from western way of doing business and standards. However including giant facebook with Oculus at their hands VR is not progressing good enough. We have Nvidia barrier as well. Gpu became a monopoly and so expensive.

However, Pimax is not working hard.

They had and still have the biggest opportunity at their hands. They have to spend the money in their hands better. They have to keep at least half of their promises.

Their VR vision was and still is promising. 4k display per eye. 8k x model as a dream, still 8k model with upscaling is such a good idea.

But even after v5 prototype and such a poor ces 2018 performance (so far) they can solve those issues in a way.

And the only way for them is to read every post in their message board, facebook, everywhere and really WORK HARD.

Pimax work hard, Harder! Marketlng is important but work harderrrr to deliver a good headset. You have the biggest opportunity at your hands.

Don’t ruin it!

We will just be sorry to back you, and will loose some hard earned money. Eventually someone else will come to fill the gap in a year or so.

But are you aware how big opportunity you will loose?

I belive thea are working hard but I see an big issue with organization of everything and rush. Pimax probaby need expirenced managers…

1 Like

From roadtovr Ben:

“I spoke with the CEO mostly, though he’s not a native English speaker so it made it hard to get precise answers and give precise feedback (especially since there’s a lot of technical terminology involved).”

3 Likes

I am sure technical terminology in English should not be a problem as these guys even not perfect came up with 5 versions in a year all although there are lot of caveats with even version 5.

But I believe it is a cultural barrier rather than language barrier.

Both sides should do their best for more emphaty, thus understanding each other.

Pimax would never become a vive or rift. But they can really offer something compelling if they work hard.

And any pledger, and VR enthousiast from western, eastern, or nort&south should globally help and encourage these guys.

However, Pimax would definately need to inform about their progress more open. After kickstarter they really performed bad in terms of communication.

Hessfire, please try practice some careful reading to actually comprehend whats is being written (and what is not). Take your time because you seem to be making up a lot of stuff in your head, which is clearly not good for your health. You consider yourself a “patient person” (as written on another thread), yet you keep ranting about other people needing to shut up, them living in their mum’s basement etc. Is that what they teach you in third grade? :slight_smile: Why so desperate for insults? That is exactly how you paint your opinion worthless in the eyes of many.

You failed to refer to any kind of “entitlement” you claimed I was displaying. And to say it again for you: yes, anyone can ask OR demand anything. It’s just that demanding and actually getting something are two different things. Simple, really.

You can keep fantasizing about angry investors being irrelevant or “not having a right to demand anything” , but they can affect the public perception of the company. That’s because majority of people may feel that investors deserve honesty and decent effort. You may feel different, but that’s it. Again, simple, really.

3 Likes

Something goes wrong… or not? Best of CES 2018…
https://twitter.com/shen/status/951218799419764736

1 Like

Think of it this way… you can make all the demands you want, you can bitch and moan for months/years if Pimax doesn’t deliver; but what is this really accomplishing? People have been complaining about transparency and details regarding the 5k/8k since the kickstarter ended… and what has all this complaining accomplished? The answer is nothing.

As people sit here and complain complain complain and make demands, all you are doing is stressing out the creators, and decreasing their chances of success. You can sit here and push your values on them all you want, but clearly they aren’t listening. You have essentially paid for something that Pimax has no legal obligation to provide, and yet so many people demand answers and info and refunds even though Pimax doesn’t even have to entertain any of it.

Considering the situation (where you made an investment in a product that has yet to be released), I can see why people would be frustrated/craving more information, however you have to understand that no one is legally obliged to provide it to you. You can scream and complain that Pimax isn’t communicating enough, and isn’t being transparent; and while this may be true there is nothing anyone can say to change the fact (read through the forums a bit and you will see this is true, look at all the posts by @SpecsReader nitpicking and demanding information and look at all the responses he got from Pimax).

The best course of action is to wait it out patiently and not stress the creators to the point of madness. While you may not like how they are running the show, you should accept the fact that you aren’t in control of this situation. We all want a fully functional, finished headset as we were promised, but raging at Pimax is only creating a toxic environment here on the forums and is completely discouraging any productive conversation that could be occurring.

If/when Pimax delivers a broken product/doesn’t follow through on their promises, they are just shooting themselves in the foot. At that point I think it will be totally justified for people to freak out and bash Pimax to the fullest extent.

6 Likes

1 review. Lol.

And some guy, who knows, said the booth was messy …

As if there are no other people saying anything.

And the Pimax crew is not doing anything?? Do you have a product at CES? Did you make a headset with a higher resolution than anything out there? Have you sold 30,000 headsets? Do you have a prototype with a higher FOV and resolution than anything out there? Did you raise more money than Oculus? All those things are Hard.

I have been familiar with Road2VR for years, and I don’t go there anymore for info. I tend to go to enthusiasts in tighter niches on youtube. I’m not knocking the review. I’m just waiting for everyone else to come in. I’m just wondering why so quick to bash Pimax before everyone else. I remember a company I worked for paid 50k for a puff piece. Are there such things as snuff pieces? I can conspiracy too. I want more data.

1 Like

And still no word from pimax…

I wonder if anyone is experiencing games like DCS and Serious Sam. Do these games were available for evaluation really?
@deletedpimaxrep1

1 Like

So fly to CES and see for yourself. I do not really care. I will continue to post regardless of your rude comments. I have questions along with other pimax backers and I have every right to ask.