Pimax sword Controllers!

Can Pimax China do us all a favour and run their decisions through the Pimax USA filter before smashing the go button please. jesus, enough :rofl::grin::rofl::joy:

I kinda freaked out and ordered the Index Controllers :smiley:
Yeez I don’t think the sense versions will be ready this year (fully functional)

2 Likes

I thought they had. After all he’s explained there need to have a full package available & that Sense Stick will take longer to develop.

1 Like

I don’t think so…

As a gamer i see a step back in precise walking inputs with the touchpads :wink:

o far i am not happy about this announcement. PIMAX I hope you see this comment!! DO NOT CHARGE ME EXTRA FOR MY CHOSEN KICKSTARTER OPTION OF THE THUMBSTICK VERSION OF THE CONTROLLERS. It looks like the sword sense is the thumbstick version and hence the more expensive version. PIMAX the community that chose thumbsticks will be so pissed off if we have to pay extra compared to backers who went for trackpad. DO NOT LET US DOWN PIMAX!

1 Like

It might be as it seems the ring is intacted vs tge arc of knuckles.

Though track slot seems better placed on pimax.

That’s what Roomscale is supposed to be for.

You need the “backer” tag.

I guess backers will choose whatever they want without paying any extra money.

1 Like

Your confused as a stick chooser you’d be good with getting Sword Sense. It’s those who wanted Trackpad with Sense as originally was said.

Would be ones to have reason to complain as if you stick with Trackpads you get the crippled Sword version without Sense.

my point about Sword was that if you look to the features (ui elements) its like the old wands, trackpad, trigger, grip, 2 buttons witch would make them compatible to “old” games
if they are reasonable priced they might be a good alternative for worn out vive wands (witch are pretty expansive) as the sensors in Sword will make them compatible to LH 1.0
i’m not so sure about pimax buyers, the headsets have a good value for the price but they are more expansive then Index and people on budget might more look for Quest/Rift S/WMR, so the typical pimax customers is more likely to buy the Sense version - we will see (or pimax will see)

Good point @RiverRiftUK are you a backer? If so will update tag.

No, they will hire a new monkey for the survey where they will offer us either having the “plain” version in the H2 2019 (which would become then H2 2020) or having the “sword sense” sometimes later in the future and stipulating that the lighthouses will only be delivered together with the controllers.

The sensors in both are LH v1.0 compatible. LH version does not affect “bluetooth” other componets (capsense, grip etc…)

and then, once everyone has again made their choice they will proudly announce 3 new versions of controllers including the business version.

7 Likes

well the VivePro has vive wands too and those (blueisch versions) are using the the LH 2.0 compatible sensors witch means they are LH 1.0 capbable (not that anyone wants to buy this old fashioned stuff now)

1 Like

Reading his post I think he was concerned Pimax would send all backers the cheaper ‘Sword’ controllers and charge extra for ‘Sword sense’ :+1:

1 Like

And “ruggedized” version without the ring. :smiley:

2 Likes

You’d think this would have been released as a KS update…

But yeah I can see one thinking pimax would do the reverse.

1 Like

i’m pretty sure they have a vision but maybe they are tending to make it right to all customers/backers and loose focus on the way - i guess its a process and they learn from it, can be hard sometimes to filter the input in a meaningful way