Pimax Sept 16 News Update Speculation

he said “idea”. I have many of them.

They promised us that a long time ago already I thought… Empty promises…

Coming soon is relative here…

2 Likes

By idea he means the intention behind providing the announcement.

There are something like 8-10 accessory items, some produced by 3rd party vendors. We already received updates on the controllers, light strap, face masks and nose fittings, 10m cable (accessories pimax makes)

As for lighthouses, eye tracking, hand tracking, prescription lenses, wireless - these are 3rd party vendor accessories.

It’s not a simple task to get firm release dates for all of the above. I think Pimax wants to get these all outbthe door asap in a bundle with the 8kx bundle and rigid audio strap.

1 Like

Rise and shine ladies and gents…

Because today is the day we get our info!!!

It’s been 2 days, everyone is well rested, thaught things over and ready to talk

This will be what we all wanted to hear and it will be great!!!

2 Likes

there is no announcement provided, there is just an idea to do. in real word this means nothing and specialty for people why are waiting controllers and base stations about two years.

@glassy99 were you quoting @Pimaxusa verbatim when you posted your summary of his interview with MRTV? I’d really want to hear an update on the new controller design without the wrist tracking ring, as the summary said the controllers don’t look anything like they did at CES after pimax modified the design after hearing complaints about the placement of the tracking rings.

1 Like

LOL good morning Mike. I doubt that any info is coming today. Pimaxusa said that the model shown in Tokyo wasn’t the final version yet. So I’m guessing that they’re still making decisions regarding what the final version will feature. It could be that they’re waiting to try a new set of lenses for example. So in which case it would make sense that they can’t say much yet.

I’m just speculating but I think this could explain their behaviour.

Either way, it was just damn stupid to hype us all up with that 16th of September deadline if they weren’t even sure about the final version yet.

3 Likes

@Sjef They probably settled on a final version after receiving prototype samples for new lenses.

The Tokyo models may not have had those prototype lenses, as they had not been produced in quantity at that time.

I’m guessing Pimax is waiting on the quantity shipment of new lenses before making the announcement that the revised headsets are ready to send out to all backers with issues, which they want to release on the day of the announcement considering Pimaxusa has said wait for the 16th before putting in an RMA request to get the revised model.

I think Pimax needs new lenses as well as better screens in order to win the favor back of the public, especially those who experienced heavy distortion and eyestrain using the old lenses.

2 Likes

ouch, so your out a $1000 bucks just like that? you are remarkably chill considering.

1 Like

Ya , my ipd is 70mm and i found the rifts S slightly out of focus. Otherwise its one of the best hmds i have used.

My wife who’s ipd falls in the range loved it. But i had to return it.

2 Likes

seriously you’re 75? You really don’t have time for this Shtt

2 Likes

yeah the leak that PimaxUSA claims mysteriously leaked. :smiley:

1 Like

I honestly can’t believe how many backers are excited about an announcement of another HMD when they havent even recieved their current complete product yet.

Would you seriously buy a another car from a dealership that only could deliver the wheels of your current car?

5 Likes

Well, I was thinking, what the hell is this whole ‘pimax event’ (that’s been going on for what, 2 weeks now?) even about? And why aren’t they giving us any info? And then pimaxusa said that the version demonstrated in Tokyo last weekend wasn’t final. So then I thought, it would make sense that they’re in the final phase of the new headset development, that they’ve gotten everybody together in a room so that everybody can try the new headsets, with/without new lenses (for example) and then decide on the final version. I guess this would make sense and would save a lot of time, shipping headsets to testers like Sweviver etc. And what else would they even been doing all this time in Florida? So I think it must be that.

Then again, who knows, maybe they were just planning to build up a presentation set and something went wrong last minute and now they’re waiting on some part.

5 Likes

It’s only the 17th here in North America.

Hello. I am an Italian user. I look forward to this announcement. If pimax were to improve the 5k problems, or release an 8k version without problems, I would be very happy. Mandatory before Christmas. You say it’s possible?

1 Like

It’s probably 90% possible, mostly.

5 Likes

if it was rgb oled then i would order it direct with or without distortions… lol

2 Likes

Same here @john2910 , regardless if it was full rgb oled in a 5k+ XR or an 8K+ XR

2 Likes

When did they ever explain to us backers that they have a new mystery headset that they will be showing off, which is different than the 8k

Why are they not finishing previous models?

2 Likes