Pimax Sept 16 News Update Speculation

if it was rgb oled then i would order it direct with or without distortions… lol

2 Likes

Same here @john2910 , regardless if it was full rgb oled in a 5k+ XR or an 8K+ XR

2 Likes

When did they ever explain to us backers that they have a new mystery headset that they will be showing off, which is different than the 8k

Why are they not finishing previous models?

2 Likes

They never officially said so. But Sweviver leaked to his paying patreon subcribers that ‘several’ headsets were going to be presented in Florida.

We really are low priority aren’t we, I feel bad for 8kx backers being shafted like this

What do you mean finishing? Older headsets have been revised, the old ones will be discontinued. I think you could consider the revised versions “finished” and the accessories should be almost finished as well, not long after the 8K+ which is probably almost ready (still testing new lenses) but probably in time with the 8kx release to make the bundle?

2 Likes

Well he also said that several accessories will be presented, new software is coming up and that they will reveal news about the open source progress. So supposedly there will be some goodies for current backers too.

2 Likes

For example I have an 8k, it doesn’t have the specs that it intended to have for one, it’s incomplete, and it’s more like a fragile prototype more than anything

Pimaxusa said backers with issues will be entitled to an upgrade replacenment under rma come the sept. 16 announcement.

Seeing as there were so few 8k backers who received 8ks, and considering numerous vocal complaints about the 8ks diamond pixel matrix and the 5k+ change fiasco, I think Pimax will make it right and you’ll be covered for a replacement to the revised 8k+ model.

2 Likes

Spend another 1000 bux and get what you originally backed, but without accessories btw

1 Like

Here’s my bet for the announcement:

No release of actual products

But

Some vague dates for a few of them

And

A new pitool version

Also some excuses as to why we are still waiting and a mention of other companies behind causing delays

Final mentions will be ‘we will be open and honest and forthcoming will all news’

And finally talk about more products for business or other non important areas

3 Likes

Has this thread now become a ‘secret’ thread? It doesn’t list anymore

1 Like

Here’s my bet:

New Pimax 2020 stock:

New lenses, new casing in revised 5k+ and 8k+ for all backers under RMA.

8k+ also has the new screen of the 8k x.

Firm accessory release date timeline for some accessories, delays and estimates for some 3rd party accessories.

8KX preview, release date.

Secret” pimax HMD announced as full rgb oled 5k+ XR or 8K+ XR. (2560x1440 or 3840x2160 full rgb oled) TBR in 2020/2021.

Brainwarp 2.0, open source and new pitool features discussed.

1 Like

Well since this thread now isn’t listed anymore on the forum and has become highly secret - hush hush-, I guess it’s ok to show the new 8k-vision, as leaked by Sweviver:

4 Likes

Lools like ruggedized version. Can you confirm thats the 8k+ and not the 8k+ RE?

2 Likes

Well he said it was one of the ‘several’ new headsets and it was NOT even the 8k-X, so I’m pretty sure that this will be the 8k+ XR or whatever they’ll call it, lol. The one with the new RGB panels.

3 Likes

exactly THIS …

Censorship strikes again?

These are the options, I’d welcome seeing any of these as well

If it has pentile oled panels its the 8K XR

Full RGB oled panels = 8K+ XR or 5k+ XR

Full rgb LCD panels (8kX panels) = 8k+

1 Like

Yeah this must be some attempt to silence everything.