Pimax Sept 16 News Update Speculation

Welcome to the club man. You won’t be disappointed. Although you will have to get used to the glare.

9 Likes

I really wish Pimax would improve their communication skills.

It’s actually crazy how everytime they announce something I tell myself. I should probably wait 1-3 months so I don’t get disappointed and something might actually happen.

5 Likes

Indeed. They always say that there will be a regular update news whenever they post something. I have never saw them keep their words.

7 Likes

Pimax have a great concept and are genuinely pushing boundaries but your right can anyone ever remember Pimax hitting a promise or target on time ever? Even once? No me neither. You can do better as a company I know it. Pimax need to sell a complete bundle to truly compete.

7 Likes

The core issue & by now pimax as a whole should know it by now is simple communication. While there might be valid reasons that for whatever reason cannot be devulged on the Sept 16th’s “Pimax Day” announcement/Live stream.

Something to fill the gap could have helped to satisfy some of the hunger to bide the time needed. Pitool for example doesn’t need to wait to release. Even a minor release patch update Oculus compatability & bug fixes.

Pimax needs to get more up to date with using patch fixes instead of waiting to release full versions. Even creating a list of Devs with games that have pimax direct support.

I do appreciate the position of being in the middle. But time outs to cool off should be 24hrs & use Silence vs Suspend as this still gives the user the option to communicate with Mods. One user you suspended was even supporting your action & only quoted what the other user did was wrong.

It’s easy to get hyped up & to react to things. Folks should have opted to take a break & think. Pimax(as a whole) needs to own their actions which has caused a lot of dilema in the community.

And members of the community need to own their own actions. We in the end can only control ourselves.

Folks need to understand you don’t hold a position with the power needed to fix things. But due to pimax’s lack of good structure; your facing the burdens; no different than Xunshu, Matthew & Dallas had. The companies misteps of overhype & failings resting on your shoulders like Atlas carrying the weight of the world.

7 Likes

I feel bad for Pimax Employees but at the same time the upper management really needs to follow a policy of not being overly Enthusiastic in announcing stuff when it’s NOT READY. I mean Pimax day right after Mid Autumn Festival where most of your staff is on leave? Why not delay it to the 20th?

10 Likes

Something like this would also help those without a background in electronics manufacturing understand why certain challenges exist in the first place. If your only exposure to electronics manufacturing is buying things online, you’re missing a huge part of the picture. There’s a reason large companies employ “supply chain engineers” – procurement and test is crucial and non-trivial.

Educating customers via selected transparency could go a long way towards earning goodwill. I enjoyed watching the assembly and test procedure back when Nathie (sp?) did his tour video of Pimax HQ.

@PimaxUSA, it should be worth considering having these “tech peeks” included in y’all’s future info release plans.

3 Likes

lol same as many I was surprised to see the thread grew by 200 comments and was excited that maybe something was announced.

Was still entertaining to read though.

I’ve said many times, but Pimax should have hired someone manage their PR long ago.

At this point, there are only 2 possible reasons they haven’t

1. They don’t really care about us backers and early adopters. They will only invest in proper PR once they have a full set to sell. Any focus on PR now is a waste of their money/time.
  2. Or they really don’t understand the importance of proper PR and this type of insanely bad communication will continue indefinitely from them.
3 Likes

This conversation is hilarious. I recently pulled a trigger on pimax purchase and was a little “sad” to hear there is something new around the corner. Luckily no worries anymore :smiley: All is gud :smiley:

3 Likes

tbh if the news is anything other than: “the lighthouses and controllers you paid for 2 year ago are finaly in the mail!”
i realy, totaly and completely honestly do NOT want to hear it! not a freakin piep!

3 Likes

Well then a minority. 1.6 years late on controller & lh release. But yes hopefully sent before end of year.

I’d even be partially happy with a pitool release to fix up some bugs.

2 Likes

And introduce some new :woozy_face::stuck_out_tongue:

I am from UK and on holiday in Canada and using a new phone, so had to make a secornd account because I could not for the life of me remember my god dam password and was at least hopping for some news, anything would be nice, but alas NOTHING. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

:rofl:
These are all reasons why I can not recommend the company Pimax and will! I suspect my Pimax is prone to old age, before I get my accessories.

1 Like

There is NOTHING stopping them releasing a list of the items and a list of what will be talked about.

3 Likes

Well the PIMAX 5k plus also has better resolution. I tried both and for me the PIMAX 5k visuals are much better. The Index is a super nice kit and it would be nice if PIMAX had a complete kit, better quality head strap etc but as far as quality of what I see the PIMAX 5k plus is better

2 Likes

I saw him too. :grinning:

1 Like

It dose not matter when they release info, it will always get f@#£ up.

The announcement will definitely include release dates and/or status reports at the very least for all the accessories considering the above comment.

3 Likes

At this point we might have to accept that the ‘Announcements’ might not happen within September.

October is new target.

1 Like