Pimax. Please Only Send Reviewers the 8KX only AFTER Pimax Experience, DMAS and Eyetracking is finished

Yep. With comfort kit, still not touching the ground where connector is located.

I am sure, the next Version comes back with the upper Port, but now will you wait some Months for an new designed Housing?

If the PCB has no Space left, where is no Space left.

Nobody knows for years, how big some chips are build in the future.

2 Likes

Of course it is touching, right where is the conncector;

I think the whole discussion just went out of control because of the reason its just fun to complain for some.

6 Likes

But it wont touch with MAS as it doesn’t flex as much when hanging

5 Likes

If you have a pulley system please try it with the cable connected

1 Like

And what part will touch the floor with the MAS if it hangs from the back side of the MAS?
I’m sorry but I don’t get it

1 Like

If anybody hate the cable, no problem, send me your Eyetracker as a Gift! I am not an Baker, so i must waiting for a long time … will be happy to use it, before my X come… xD

11 Likes

Yep, not hanging at all,.What happens if you elevate the back side of the MAS?

1 Like

The headset part

2 Likes

If that’s the only solution tthat the marketing department is capable of giving me… Oh, boy.
I will buy it, because I consider necessary any performance gain that we can get, although we will see how it works at a functional level, but this is a poor design, if any.

1 Like

Sorry mate, I dont see it protected at all

I dont care about how it looks, this connector, though, should be well protected, it is the only connector we will have on the 8KX.

4 Likes

Thats what we could do at this point, due to the PCB changes with 8KX.

And yeah Oh Boy, you will buy it. Even if I personally dont recommend it to you anymore. But remember I told you this, you will never bother about that cable the day you start to use it.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s not only for being ugly.

Boys. I tried to explain. I tried with photos. At least I tried. Theres nothing I can do to satisfy you anyway. We did our best to make the headset support eye tracking at all, due to the PCB changes. THeres nothing else we can do, unless we delay it another 3 months or more. So Im jumping off this discussion and you are welcome to nag this cable to eternity.

Btw this thread is not even about eye tracking…

19 Likes

Is not to argue, I’m just trying to keep this design from the problems I foresee on its way out. The knuckles or the Sword plus that cable are not a good idea, the least of which is the aesthetics, which neither.

Well then maybe you should go for the 8K+ that doesnt need the cable for eye-tracking.

I get you point. We all do. Its not optimal. But this is it. Its our solution/workaround for this time being. Love it or hate it. I dont mind, I will use eye tracking every chance I get.

7 Likes

I don’t mean to nag, being constructive, a piece should be made to keep the cable if not inside, at least fixed to the casing and so that it can’t get hooked with anything.

i use a identical cable for months… no Problems…

4 Likes