[Pimax Official]To Pimax 8K backers

I know it’s an unfortunate situation but it seems like a lot of people are simply asking for the impossible.

I don’t like how they told multiple backers that their unit is being shipped in the first spreadsheet and is now in the “being built” category in the new one but that seemed to be the case for 5k+ backers too.

In the end it’s not Pimax’s fault that their country shuts down for a couple weeks and there is simply nothing they can do about it other than offer the switch to the 5K+ which have already started the shipping process.

1 Like

then i was mis sold the item as it was pimax who suggested the BE rather than the 4k

They can at least answer some questions here instead of being completely silent again.

Haha, all right, they won’t be taken for granted and you’ll see how they disappoint their Kickstarter users again.

LOL, but the reputation of Pimax, not China, suffers.

@anon74848233 while i’m thankful for the update, this is not what was supposed to be happening according to earlier announcements.

So why is 8k not in production now, when apparently the screen shortage was solved on 18th?
What changed?

4 Likes

Above Dallas already said (regarding 5K+)

• we will start pre-order shipping soon;

So it looks like they will break their promise again (regarding delivering to backers before anyone else).

Not that I am mad about that. I just want to know when I will get my 8K.

1 Like

No need trying to understand what cannot be understood and appealing to justice. A saying that is attributed to my friend Karl Rove, explains the situation pretty well.

We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality – judiciously, as you will – we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.

A social media personality with a good amount of followers can achieve more than anybody here.

2 Likes

THIS IS TOTALLY RUBISH.
You said All plages are sent by the end of Jan.

You Pimax left my survey 1 month, after that I requested shipping information with 1st spread sheet even I have answered many times as you know.
With new spread sheet, my situation is “built”.
I thought you can not manage it only 1 month, but you said you do…

What I can do is only waiting, I konw very well.
So,you should not say such simple.

What I can not stand is even you Pimax left me 1 month with Monkey, you demand another month even later backers have receaved 8ks.

2 Likes

Amazing job Pimax :rofl:

Oh no i’m fully aware it was sarcasm.

1 Like

Oh, I see the sarcasm now … read it too quickly at first.

Does the word “soon” mean “before long” in English? Yes? No more questions. :star_struck:

man its crazy, why on earth can‘t they speak proper english!? one mess after another. why is kevin pimaxusa not in this forum for god sake?

@PimaxUSA

3 Likes

Funny, I don’t see expecting my headset before backers thousands after me impossible.

It’s not as though CNY suddenly was announced, it’s their main holiday! After all the delays and broken promises they should have put all their efforts in to getting all headsets shipped before the holiday

not only that - we would give a sh** about holidays in their position, fact.

1 Like

The 5k+ has been more than suitable for them in this kickstarter project, while they clearly believe the 8k is their flagship hearing comments of Matthew and Robin Weng, i’m starting to believe your point after this last update and with what we know until now.

2 Likes

Not sure if you are getting a 5K+ or a 8K but I see that you are also in the UK club. No one from the UK has been getting their units.

You say that everyone knows about CNY and they should have put their efforts in. To me at the last it is very clear that they did drastically ramp up both production and shipping to try get as many out as they could before CNY.

People are mad because of the few amounts of 8K’s going out. They said that they didn’t have the parts available for the 8K’s so while they were waiting for the parts they focused their full attention to the 5K+. They can’t make more 8K’s if they literally don’t have the parts.

People are telling them to keep working through CNY to send more units out. This is one of the impossible tasks I was referring to. Their suppliers for parts and logistics companies they use will be closed for CNY. So if they run out of parts they can’t get more and the ones they do produce they can’t ship. There is nothing they can do.

Some people are wanting 5K+ loaner units to be sent out while they wait for their 8K. While that would be lovely, you have to be reasonable. There is no chance in hell they could actually do this. This would cost hundreds of thousands for Pimax are is a ridiculous thing to even suggest.

The only thing they can do is give you the offer to switch to the 5K+ which they have already shipped so they won’t be delayed by CNY. People should be thankful that they even have the option for this because in no way do they have to do this.

It’s a shit situation that backers in the 6000’s are getting their units before backers in the 1000’s but that’s life mate. Not everything goes your way.

…running out of parts is another problem. why are they running out of parts? they know exactly what they have to produce since months. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Judge for yourself, Material Warehouse vs produced for the 8K. Although it hasn’t been maintained, there was enough material for all 8Ks in the warehouse at one point.

2 Likes