Pimax Now Event Discussion (merged)

How much wood could a woodchuck Chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

There are probably a few others on board. That was a great sales offer or purchase offer for pre-orders.
"If you strike by November 24th, 2018, you will receive a rigid headband free of charge.
I also struck with the 5k +.
Then ordered the 8kx in December,
Can’t remember reading an official statement whether canceled or not.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Am I right in remembering it being said that there were going to be some big announcements during this event. I seem to recall that that is what PimaxUSA said when he first mentioned the event. We hadn’t heard from Martin for a while and he said Martin was busy preparing for it - that was back in early April I think. It’s just it now feels like it’s going to be an update session with a questions and answers session attached!!

4 Likes

I know the Now event has been a long time coming making the name more than a little ironic. We will probably be told why the delays during the event. I am still really looking forward to it and I hope it goes well. Let’s just enjoy it and keep an open mind.

1 Like

Yup, your right - looking forward to it as well. It’s just at this point it doesn’t feel like the event we were told about back then.

2 Likes

I think the weekly updates have watered down a lot of the announcement they were planning but fingers crossed still a few surprises (good ones!!!)

1 Like

I think the weekly updates have just scratched the surface a little bit :bird:

4 Likes

Maybe they will say Martin is quiting the job, he have been absent long time now.

1 Like

I doubt it, the event is going to be on his channel.

4 Likes

Hoping not!!! I would like to see more from Sweviver.

3 Likes

You might see more of him again if he quits the job…

I do not expect too dramatic news - perhaps that‘s the reason why they renamed it Pimax Now instead of Pimax Day 3…

1 Like

Given whats been posted here in the forums, we could probably infer that Sweviver has been spending their time testing the X and reporting back to the engineering team, which is why we’ve not seen much of them here. I’m sure they’re doing fine. As for the event itself, everything that has been said about it so far seems to imply that its equal to or greater than the previous events in terms of new information. If the wireless module makes an appearance (it likely will), that’ll be big enough news in and of itself IMO.

1 Like

I really hope there’s some awesome news they’ve been purposely withholding regarding the 8KX and enhancements that have been made to it since the beginning of the year. Not just when it’s shipping and the current status, but some kind of unexpected enhancements or feature.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping for some useful spots of software support for the eye- and hand tracking… :7

3 Likes

One of the theories I heard regarding the name is that they planned to have the event when they finally started shipping the headsets. As in “Pimax: Now shipping the 8K-X”. If that is the case, then the name is actually quite fitting and not really ironic anymore.

That logic would also fit with them changing the naming scheme, instead of just calling it Pimax Day 3… although it could just because people weren’t happy with Pimax Day 1/2.

3 Likes

That would make sense with the delays.

It would be nice for them to surprise people by saying that shipping had actually begun and “people are receiving their tracking numbers as we speak”… :+1:

If there’s ~400 X backers it doesn’t sound too far fetched.

7 Likes

I 100% agree that is exactly what the now stands for but maybe keeping the name secret till the event would have been better. I said that it would be shipping NOW many weeks ago.

2 Likes

I can’t see it surprising anyone to be honest. They are collecting loaner units and asking to verify delivery addresses ASAP. :0)