Pimax homepage updated

Hello Pal,

We noticed that it will be confusing the customer with all these models.
But after CES, we will summarize it and release the product lineup where customer can get know the specifications of each unit.
If there’s any unclear for the product, slide me a DM/ email to quorra@pimax.com
We are always to explain the product in detail ways to all customers.

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

5 Likes

@PimaxQuorra it’s kind that you are so willfully explaining to us

none the less it would be nice and helpful if you could help people like @Hoshi82 that still have some issues with tickets and support and show that they are taken care of.

Else it might cause frustration.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello pal,

Thank you so much for tagging @Hoshi82 at this comment, much appreciated that @MReis
@Hoshi82 please kindly tag me in that post / drop us a mail at quorra@pimax.com
We will arrange our colleague to give you a hand on the support tickets!

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

4 Likes

I was not aware that anyone used “KISS” outside of the US!
For people who don’t know: there is a common saying that I thought came from the American military that says that, rather than complicate things, keep things simple: or “KISS”. This stands for “Keep It Simple Stupid”. Sebastian was not trying to insult anyone, I’m thinking.

7 Likes

Playing with this was on my agenda but with the new forums I’m not sure where to look for the info anymore! Does somene either have a link or could explain this one again? Thanks!!!

Not sure who to ask, but could we get a “Tweaks”, or something like it, channel under the “Pimax HMD” main channel? “Tweaks” like the SteamVR settings don’t care which headset we’re using. Basically I’m looking for a ‘catch-all’ for useful tweaks and suggestions. If there already is one, it needs to be moved or re-labeled because I’m not seeing it. Of course, people tell me that I’m ‘blind as a bat’ sometimes… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Jorgen,

We are unable to clarify the images right now, as everything will be reveal on the CES.
So you might have to wait till CES! By that time, you will know are the image stand for!
Keep it as secret! Shhhhh

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

Of course! Looking forwards to CES!

5 Likes

When people say they can’t tell the difference between refresh rates, I find myself wondering whether their computers are really keeping up, and feeding the HMD those 90-120-144-and beyond proper frames per second, or are in fact running into reprojection.

I’ll admit I tend to weigh my settings for more spatial detail than temporal, myself - and one quickly run up against hardware limitations, even with bleeding edge gear, but my experience with 120 and up is a lot like the double-take you can find yourself doing, when you browse youtube, and a video turns out to be 60Hz, and after the preceeding ones it feels almost like you are looking at real-world action through a hole in your monitor, rather than a stamp-sized moving picture.

Not necessarily so evident when looking into the slow-moving distance, without any moving stuff around you, or standing still looking around you (which is the easiest reprojection task, and benefits from proprioception); But whenever you are being moved around (as opposed to physically moving, yourself), it really is the difference between the ground/horizon uncomfortably, and disconnectingly, “flickering” past; Or it feeling like it is really passing beneath your feet in a contiguous optical flow, as you run-and-look-down, or turn using a thumbstick or steering wheel, or something.

(BTW: I find myself unable to read anybody’s addressing somebody as “pal”, without hearing it, inside my head, in the tone of a condescending thug or policeman in an old gangster movie… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

5 Likes

I find it hard to tell when which HZ are really needed often the displays gray 2 gray Reaction/ transitions annoys me more and surly that there are few games my GPU can push that far or the game engine does not allow it. Sometimes even low FPS and Hz look fine and other times it really bothers me…

Yeah the Pal and Cheers :clinking_glasses: is a bit lost in translation I guess :wink:

4 Likes

British army also use it a lot

2 Likes

German Engineers like to say KISS as well and then do the opposite.

Referring to Hz, I guess people don’t know what to look for. It highly depends on the game and if there are fast objects moving perpendicular to you. In your average shooter like Onward or Boneworks, there is almost no difference, in Flight Sims, the simulators themselves are so demanding you’ll never reach 120Hz natively. Racing is a good example of where the benefit is largest. So the reprojection idea may be a good one for certain games like Sims for example.

3 Likes

Indeed I was referring to KISS principle. I hopefully will have the chance to interview Robin Weng, Pimax CEO. I would like to understand the thought process behind all these models.

I suppose it’s “let’s build a headset for every different need” but you know… Jack of all trades…master of none.

In my opinion they must concentrate on one or two models and really hit it out of the ballpark with these headsets . In terms of product, but even more important in terms of becoming a company that you can trust, a company that will offer excellent support for their products.

With the current trajectory, Pimax has no chance of becoming a second “DJI”-like success story of a Chinese company that can make it in the west.

By now you should know that this criticism is well meant and I would actually hope for Pimax to be successful.

My suggestion to management: again, keep it simple. Be known for the company that builds the single most amazing VR headset on the market, that consumers can buy. The 8K X.

Invest all resources into this product and make sure to build a reputation about this model that has to do with quality and a amazing customer support.Instead of hiring more engineers that build more models and more pitool versions for all the different headsets, hire more good people like @SweViver or @PimaxUSA that can build up quality support centers for their different markets. Just 3 more guys that could tackle German, Spanish and French speaking markets would make an immense difference.

If you also want to catch the entry level market, fine, do offer one (!) entry level headset with a clear upgrade path like the Artisan. But make sure to offer amazing support with that entry level model as well.

With this kind of strategy I am sure Pimax could be incredibly successful and make a huge impact on this industry.

And it would be so easy to market the products. Having to hand out a complicated comparison chart stating which of the many headsets is right for which audience is the best indicator that the lineup is too complicated.

My 2c…see you on MRTV live from CES soon! Bye, Sebastian

13 Likes

You can get away with both in the UK, although pal is usually amongst friends, and northern ones at that! Not so sure from support staff :wink: The word originates from Sanskrit for brother, fascinating.

Cheers is entirely interchangeable with Thanks these days, and not just for a drink :slight_smile:

Edit ignore ninja’d by MRTV!

I watched the interview with Kevin (thank you Seb) and was concerned about the decision to return support back to Shanghai instead of the US and Europe centres - so essentially only sales and marketing now? It’s not that I don’t think they could improve support from there, and I can understand it might consolidate resources and reduce operating costs, but still - it’s not the support direction most of us want to see from Pimax right now…

5 Likes

If they do support good - I don’t care except for the longer waits and shipping cost

2 Likes

Sure. I am curious why they started down that route and then reversed the decision. I guess it’s cost.

3 Likes

Yeah 3 support centers with “three guys” that’s not very realistic.
It involves a lot more resources, i wish there was a support center around the corner :slight_smile: but i think it’s too costly at the moment, it has to be in comparison with the size of the company.

2 Likes

3 guys who speak the languages could start with understanding (!) and answering support tickets in the respective languages. It would be a big win already. I am not expecting one single person to run a full support center, obviously.

4 Likes

I guess if they grow it will make sense to have a American and European based warehouse and support- but I could imagine it’s complicated and Ressource intensive.

Sure if it is just communication that, makes sense. ( localized )

1 Like

oke so you mean the three guys linked to the support in Shanghai forwarded a part of the tickets, that could be a good idea! and then a few extra warehouses and make deals with retailers who will take a part of the support locally.
I have to send my RMA to France now, so they must be setting up something there.

1 Like

Yeah. Hz makes a a huge difference for me. Can’t get enough of them as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like