Pimax homepage updated

Understood but if they just put all their focus into one killer headset they might actually gain some traction. Even if the 8K-X turns out to be a great headset people will always be confused by all the other junk they sell. My best guess it’s their going for the Gear Best/ Alibaba market where people buy based on cheap prices and fake specs

1 Like

I want an “8K SUPERWOW Edition” how do I get one!

6 Likes

I understand the confusion as well. Although 180Hz may look junk for a user that only wants the best resolution and has to pay more cash for this feature, but it can be great for another user that needs the highest framerate possible

1 Like

Just ordered a 3080ti for the 180Hz lol

edit

I know it’s brainwarp !! no need to tell me no more gpu overheads required

1 Like

Maybe you can custom order WoW patterned silicon skin for 5K Super. :laughing:

1 Like

But your talking about something that doesn’t exist. Like MRTV told Kevin in the interview, Just focus on 8K-X and build reputation

2 Likes

@TOOOOHKA any news in Korea when Samsung might release a 4K OLED model?

1 Like

If you are talking about 180Hz, it exists, it will be presented at CES

2 Likes

lol
oled panels will need another model suffix
8K X-olay

2 Likes

Well good luck if 180hz makes any difference. It’s placebo effect for me. switching from 90-120Hz in the index is no game changer. Just seems like an attempt to ride on Valves success

1 Like

Absolutely nothing. I think Samsung was not satisfied with OD sales.

1 Like

Their still selling tons of Odysseys trust me :slight_smile: just probably not making much profit @ $250

1 Like

I do feel the difference, when looking forward and turning my head quickly in Boneworks everything is smoother at 120 or 144Hz. And its great for racing games, DirtRally2 at 120Hz on 5K+ has made a huge impact for me. I assume it’s not the same for everyone

1 Like

I’ll give Dirt Rally 2 a try. Does it have native VR support now? any issues?

1 Like

Well… IMO, they are just dumping the stocks. 50% discount every month is not a good sign.

1 Like

yes, and runs very well on 5k+

2 Likes

I think we are confusing our selfs A bit more then needed because we stick to yesterday’s naming - there will be 4 HMDs as far as I can telL

• Artisan
  • 5K Super
  • 8K +
  • 8K X

It’s just confusing if know the history, but surly could be a bit easier if there was a system to the second part.
I guess the super will be the newest revision of the 5k+ and so it gets a new name.

4 Likes

Also don’t forget the 5K XR!

Damn ok so 5 then the XR in between … but I don’t think ther will be an XR, + and super 5k? :-):grimacing:

2 Likes

Anything is possible with Pimax :wink:

2 Likes