Pimax homepage updated

Okay… what the h**l is going on???

My guess is…
Upper right : 8K+ gets 110hz mode
Bottom left : Brand new 5KX with brainwarp 180hz mode
Bottom right : Artisan priced at $449

8 Likes

Hello pal.

This is the 4 main models we are going to present on CES2020.
Please stay tune for the reviews of them!

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

6 Likes

Will 5K+ be discontinued after 5KX released? Or coexist with all the other Pimax HMDs?

2 Likes

Everyone would be super happy if you could clarify this image please.
As in if the 8kx can do 110 hz upscaled 4k for instance or if that is another hmd. Until then people may otherwise cancel their orders in anticipation of what is.
Thank you for your presence here!

3 Likes

I really am not understanding any of what is going on LOL.
What is what??? ROFL
So my 5k is obsolete then, and wont be supported anymore or what… ???I just cant follow thru anymore :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was obsolete as soon as the 8K+ shipped. That’s life on the bleeding edge of technology. Pimax will continue to support it, at least for a while (probably 3-5 years, but that’s just my guess). You are certainly covered, as long as they continue to sell it. I have similar concerns about my 8K, which is no longer being manufactured, but it doesn’t really matter. I’ll upgrade to an 8KX, long before my headset is de-supported.

9 Likes

Think we’ll know more after CES

8 Likes

Well, before i ever up/down or sidegrade i would like to see a great working solution and a complete working system first. Why upgrade (aside from having the money available or not) when you get stuck with a non working product? I am not intending to be rude here, but first let’s recieve the Index LH and controllers, then FINALLY test the already obsolete 5k plus and after using that with hopefully great pleasure, maybe, just maybe when im happy with it and it is really outdated and Pimax still excists and has great firmware/software/support and quality hardware, maybe then in a few years ill start thinking of upgrading. But for the record: I am still waiting to use this 5k plus finally. Totally not considering to upgrade my 2yrs “new” pc or hmd???
I am not a millionaire and even if i was, i wouldn’t act in a way like this anyway. I’m not the type of guy that buys a new car every year, because the latest facelift model has arrived, or buy the newest smartphone every week because its processor does 10 mhz more than the last model (If i had the money, still i wouldn’t do such a crazy thing)
After the X comes the Z and the Z+, yeah you could go on forever and trade them in before ever recieving them and pay the price for that all the time, but when will you ever play with it and just enjoy what you have? I am just wondering this…And yes i know the lure of hardware, i love it too.

But for example, i have bought a 65 inch Samsung 4k tv…I am happy with it (it works flawlessly, has a nice picture quality and support is fine) but believe me, for the coming 10 or more years i can’t think of any reason to replace it with something newer.
A few years ago, i had the feeling that if i chose to back the 8k in first instance, i would be in the same position regarding VR too. Doesn’t seem to work out that way sadly, but no way i am going to spend thousands evey few months to play a few games :slight_smile: Even though i am a lover of tech and VR.

Please take no offence, as not intended.

4 Likes

Sure, a complete solution would be great and is definitely what Pimax should focus on.

However, as a seated-only player who bought a LH from Amazon, I already have “a great working solution” with my 8K. I used my previous phone for nearly 10 years (and then bought a top-of-the-line Samsung S10) and my main TV is over 10 years old, so I’m not usually a frequent upgrader.

The thing is, the 8KX solves my biggest complaints: I can still see SDE on my 8K and have trouble reading small text in Elite Dangerous.

My PC is already upgraded, so that’s not an issue for me either. I’m not the only one; there are a bunch of Pimax customers like me, who can fully utilize their VR system (because they didn’t wait for Pimax to get around to releasing LHs and controllers).

The 8KX is a generation ahead of my 8K and I’ll certainly get one. Then I don’t plan to upgrade my VR again for at least 5 years.

Still, Pimax really needs to have a complete VR ecosystem, so we’re (mostly) in agreement.

4 Likes

Hello Pal,

The 5K Plus will not be discontinued for the mean time, even though Super 180Hz is released. Our team is not planning to do so. But if there’s any update towards the model, I will make the DISCUSSION to all the PIMAXERs!

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

5 Likes

Hello Mindscan,

No worries on your 5K, it will support well! Even the latest 5K Super is released, your 5K can work perfectly with our software!

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

5 Likes

Hello pal,

Thank you for the opinion! Our team is working hard for the deliver the Index LH and controllers to users! And we are making step towards the complete VR ecosystem, please kindly be patience with us. Does it feel okay for ya?
Restore faith in us, we will bring a whole new experience to you for 2020!

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

6 Likes

Hello Mindscan,

After read thru your comment, I’m appreciate on the points you stated. We might be releasing few models of VR headsets, but it’s recommended to different user whom have different budget/passion/requirement and etc…
No doubt, upgrade/downgrade of the model might be variation, but the purpose of this matter is to enhance the VR ecosystem. You are right towards the TV example, not much people will purchase new released TV as the manufacturer upgrade it. But there are some out there will do it tho. It’s all depends on the buying habit.
Sir, you are a brilliant user, if the model is satisfying you and there are no needed to upgrade in your mind, this is one of your buying habit. We are not going to force you to spend bulks of money to upgrade it to the latest.
It all depends on your own decision. Somehow, we did appreciated your comments on the upgrade/downgrade issue on our models. We will share this thought with our team!

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

6 Likes

5K Super? Not 5KX? I prefer X than Super. :rofl:
BTW, is it true 180hz or brainwarped 90hz? Is there any plan to adopt it to 5K+ if latter is right?

Hello pal,

I can’t release any details at here tho due to some privacy!
Somehow you’ll get know during the CES event, please keep in touch in the community!

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

6 Likes

It’s beginning to sound like it may indeed be true 180 Hz. Those framerates might appeal to some, but personally, I’m much more interested in higher res, so I’ll be getting an 8KX.

6 Likes

Hello Pal,

If you looking for higher resolution, you may select 8KX, as this model is a dual native 4K! You can have a better experience for the resolution!

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

4 Likes

As a backer, Pimax has truly taught me the meaning of patience! :laughing:

I really like my 8K. I played for 3 hours tonight, so I do think it’s a good headset; otherwise I wouldn’t be considering an 8KX.

As I mentioned, I have a setup which meets my needs, so I’m not waiting on base stations or controllers. This is just a frequent complaint on the forum, so Pimax needs to address it (so that you are taken seriously, as a VR company).

I’m looking forward to the 8KX “experience”.

7 Likes

Instead of throwing hmds left and right, how about answering support tickets that are open for a month and also finishing stretch goals?

Also in the annoucement it says we should go to the pimax support forum… but where is it? The Feedback category here on this forum?

5 Likes

Hello Pal,

Great then! During past,we might not good in handling over the forum/customer service.
But we formed a team specially deal with those requests.
In no long time, we will make the announcement on the base stations or controllers.

Thank you so much for supporting us pal!

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

6 Likes