Pimax homepage updated

That’s very important too. There are several project teams, so the new headsets don’t necessarily delay the other stuff, but it does look bad.

4 Likes

Hello @PimaxQuorra. Great to see you were responding fast and showing care to us customers! That is a great improvement you guys made. :+1:

5 Likes

Nice choice. I tried 8K+ pioneer version(which were sold on aliexpress) yesterday and it was pretty hard to find SDE. Not invisible, but really was better than 5K+. However, image was not crisp that much even with 150% SS. Maybe due to the old Pitool(197), anyway I will still choose 8KX.

4 Likes

The SDE is quite noticeable on my 8K. I think I’d be happy with the “near invisible” SDE of an 8KX.

Have you manually changed the SteamVR “maxRecommendedResolution” setting? If not, that’s a likely source of blurriness. If you have, then the remaining softness is to be expected, due to the image upscaling. The only fix for that is an 8KX, which can run in 4K “native” res.

4 Likes

Hello Mindscan,

Appreciate on that mate! Hope you continue to support us!

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

4 Likes

Yes please,please please focus on finishing the delivery of controllers, Lighthouse and stretch goals. Only after that is accomplished, there is plenty of time to release as many headset as you like. We shouldn’t be busy with the Kickstarter issues anymore at this moment, but we will, till the goals of Kickstarter are fulfilled. Not doing this first, will hold back Pimax and also backers and customers to buy anything. I really hope you realise that. We are waiting more than 2 years now for the goods we pledged for. This can’t go on forever and our patience is stretched to crazy lenghts. Finish the Kickstarter as soon as possible and then move on to the next level…

3 Likes

I did not tweak maxres settings because I tried it in local experience hall.
Also default 100% SS was about 3200*2600, which was same as my 5K+. I think old pitool does not apply latest firmware or Pimax did not made new one for pioneer version.
The hall manager told me that regular 8K+ comes in about couple of weeks and 8KX in February. I will go check again when they come.

3 Likes

The 8K+ (and 8K) use the same input resolution as a 5K+ and then stretch the image to fit 4K panels, so the SDE is improved on an 8K+, but the video source is the same res as a 5K+. Therefore, PiTool will treat all 3 headsets similarly.

If the “local experience hall” hasn’t tweaked the SteamVR settings, then they are not showing what the Pimax headsets are truly capable of. It’s worst when the Parallel Projection option is checked in PiTools (since the option needs a larger source image). This is a big problem, since it’s not something that most users know about.

4 Likes

Hello Mindscan,

Got that in mind! Will forward to the team, and make effort to fulfill the requests from Pimaxers! We knew there are backers out there waiting for those items, and we are working to make things happen!

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

5 Likes

I once read that Vision 8Ks render about 1000 more vertical resolution than ordinary ones but can’t remember where that post is.

Nope. PP was off. Since there was no audience except me, I could tweak Pitool on my own. Yes, I am worried about it too. The manager is not good at tweaking things. For example, once I first tried Artisan, image was really bad, immediately checked SteamVR settings. OMG! Someone tweaked SS to 20%! Tweaked it to 100%, yes, same quality with 5K+.

P.S. Artisan here in Korea is called ‘Meister’. Local reseller, ALLIP, changed its name because Artisan has same good quality but just bit less FoV according to the manager. I really have no idea what he said. :rofl:

4 Likes

They do answer them and support , development and marketing are mostly not done by the same person… so you can’t just park the rest of the business, but sure communication about what is done to full full original backers package would solve that issue to some degree- depending on what is done.

2 Likes

Hello Hoshi,

We are working on the support tickets and stretch goals. If you do have any unsolved suppor ticket, please kindly drop us a mail at quorra@pimax.com
We will take the immediate action on that.

For the support forum, you can kindly check on this link Pimax Support Forum. It will direct you to there.

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

Super 180 Hz??? Omg, guys… Your lineup is just too confusing! NO new customer outside of the hardcore VR enthusiast bubble would ever understand your product lineup.

Keep it simple, stupid!

8 Likes

Even the name is 5K ‘Super’, not 5KX! Too inconsistent naming confuses everyone.
How many suffixes do they have? Plus, X, XR, Super. Wow.

2 Likes

Hopefully, they’ll create a comparison chart with all models soon, like right after the announcement of the new models… :wink:

3 Likes

if they give good information about it on the website, it shouldn’t be a problem as people have brains :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Sebastian, I get your point, but I’m not agree.
Think about this question;
How many companies are focusing on the CONSUMER hardcore VR enthusiast?
Only one. If we had 6 or 7 we could choose according to our preferences, but if we have only one, and if they only have 2 products we are f**d, because even if we are similar, we may have very different preferences, it can be Hz, resolution, blacks, price. You don’t need to pay more if you don’t want some features that one model has.
For regular consumers there is Artisan, not bad at all, and all the other brands, Index, Oculus, Vive, Samsung, HP… if they want.
At least hardcore VR enthusiasts can choose now, just like the regular VR consumers can, but we have all in one brand.
It could be better, but it’s not bad at all.

5 Likes

Cant believe what I’m reading here Sebastian. Did someone drop acid in my drink :slight_smile: ?

In all seriousness though Pimax should focus on one perfect headset. Mass produce it at a reasonable price with strict quality control. It’s the only way they can dig themselves out of this hole

4 Likes

One perfect headset should be too expensive for the consumer market. 2x4K native, Oled, 180Hz… Can’t calculate the price, and it would have many features that many users wouldn’t need at all, not all VR enthusiasts are the same

3 Likes

Think they still only have four P2 models

Artisan
5k+
8k+
8kx

Just new software capabilities being announced
All good stuff

3 Likes