First Pimax CES 2020 coverage from MRTV

Thanks @PimaxQuorra you are the best listening to us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Yen,

Our pleasure to talk with you. If you do have any questions/suggestion,don’t hesitate to let us know! We will listen it and make it a step towards improvement!

Have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

Weird, I have no depth perception issues or eye strain with my 8K. Earlier on it wasn’t great and Parallel Projections didn’t do much for depth perception but the last few PiTool updates and firmware upgrades has really brought the headset along on all fronts including clarity as well.

Yes there are still limitations due to the nature of the beast (8K screens and 1440p upscaled resolution) but over the course of the last year, there have been many good improvements.

It is good that Pimax is giving a good show at CES. It is important for them and us.

4 Likes

Oh! That’s good to hear. I’m stoked.

1 Like

May I ask, what is your IPD?

3 Likes

Also I have to state on the “Advise” to reduce to 2 HMD’s - Sorry not a good advice at all!

You will Always have Enthusiasts, Advanced, Experts, Beginners or something like that. I Always hated that the others had so little choice (well, now actually e.g. Oculus those deliver more choice).

@PimaxVR , please take your path – it’s good to have an Option and a choice !

I can’t know on a professional level if it must be 6 or more, or less but 2 is too little IHMO.

Sales will tell what is needed and what not.

EDIT: I guess “Evolution” will most likley make something like 8kX, 8k+, 5k SUPER and Artesan out of it. But then again - you might like it in OLED or not… well rather have the choice I guess and see whats left after a year of Sales.

7 Likes

Where I on the other hand think that 3 different headsets would be enough.

Also compiling info about the forum users opinions regarding this question of how many is enough.

2 Likes

In the first 8KX video, Kevin showed a couple of different face foams and mentioned a notch-less version.
Please, dear Pimax, please make that an option before you send out the hmd!
I do NOT wear glasses and I’m always bothered of light-leaking-comfort-compromising face foam notches that some companies include as default.
I’ve ordered the 8KX and I’ll gladly do a little survey before shipping to get that solved.

@PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra

5 Likes

At that price point, please include one of each… :+1::wink:

4 Likes

IPD is 66.4

The more recent SteamVR update combined with the last couple versions of PiTool have come together quite well. Using 64Hz, Normal FOV, 1.25 Render with SteamVR Vid Auto and App 100% and SteamVR smoothing on.

Il2 good, DCS wel a bit slow over cities but in the air good and did my first track practice on Competizione in Assetto Corsa and it seemed to run ok as far as I could see. Need to spend more time with Competizione but distant elements on track be it scenery or signs seemed clearer than I remember from the Original Assetto Corsa but I haven’t played that for a few months so I should check that out too.

Distant textures and objects seem much better now then they did a few months ago. Returned Settings to default with in PiTool from IPD offset -1 and Vertical Alignment of +1.5 L/R.

Things across the board just seem to be better improved and it is a combination not just one element.

3 Likes

Yeah, that would be optimal.
However, I don’t want to ask for mooore. Just an equally expensive option.
I believe Pimax is struggling enough economically.

4 Likes

You mean per Person at Home ;-).
Sure I felt the same and then I start to think -

• ok, I know one of my budys would get the Super, because of the fast refresh rats rates
  • the other likes Horror - OLED,
  • another wont bother if it is to expensive and needs a 5080TI Super to run, so if it all it would be an entry with the artisan.
  • I want NO SDE so I like the 8K X.

Basically I think you are right 3 (High, Mid, Low) would be enough - but i guess If you put up a “HMD” Configurator and let 10.000 People build a HMD to their budget you would most likley
need more then 6. I wouldnt mind an 8k OLED RGB with equivilant to 180Hz Refreshing :wink:

But I guess in time it will be reduced anyway to just something like 3 or 4 that sell well.
As soon as there is a 180HZ 8K Plus no one will need the 5k Super so then its like (High) 8k X, (MID) 8K + , OLED and (Low) Artisan.

6 Likes

Agree. For me Pimax offer is more less like 1 Headset model with options - mean different panels. Technology is the same , so no problem. HTC have 3 totally different models.
I dont like only 5k plus and 5k super price right now. Thouse headsets should be priced no more than 100$ more than Artisan. They don’t offer more than possibilty to use large fov which is not quite usable becouse of distortion and resources.

1 Like

Added to Spotlight Reviews. Mrtv thread as well.

8 Likes

I liked this trashing of the super180.

And I wonder if the 5K+ is going to be discontinued in favor of this model

1 Like

Not for a while. However both 5K+ and 5K Super looks much less competitive than Artisan.

2 Likes

Hello Tooohka,

We did notice Artisan had huge impact on CES, but there are currently no plan for discontinue on 5K series. If there are any update, we will make the announcement!

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

I was expecting this about the Artisan according to its spec and the price.
And I can tell you, again, that the Artisan is going to be Pimax top seller, 8kX will be flagship but lots of people are interested by the Artisan and they are actually right. :+1:

3 Likes

Hello Ludx,

Thank you so much for showing support! We are glad to hear that!

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.