Pimax Day Announcement Highlights

So Ive been thinking about what the backer discount should be since the announcement was made and I think Ive come tonthe only sensible conclusion.

The only thing that would be fair to backers would be to sell the devices to us at the original backer price.

So 8KX should go from $1300 => $700
and 8K+ from $1000 => $500

the reason is that essentially to the 8k backers the product we were orinally backing was this cost, so it makes sense, and if we want to upgrade to 8kx it also makes sense.

Any higher and it would be surmount to us not being treated like backers at all. As we would be paying retail price.

As for the controller and lighthouses @PimaxUSA said that the value on these things are $300 which makes sense when you look at the kickstarter price difference between full and hmd only price of all variants.

They are not accepting trade-in but lets say that we should easily be able to sell our headsets at the original kickstarter cost so its not a big deal, and actually makes more sense to pimax from a cost of shipping perspective.

Am i wrong here, do you think the backer discount will be the original kickstarter price?

I doubt it, I think itā€™s going to be 900 and 700.

2 Likes

No, and I donā€™t think it should be. A Kickstarter is a gamble, with significant risk. The 8KX is practically guaranteed to be produced at this point, so thereā€™s little risk (except for the now-expected unplanned delays).

A price of $900 would probably be easier to get my wifeā€™s approval for, compared to $1000 or more. (Itā€™s a phycological effect.)

2 Likes

Well the lighthouses ship for backers in 3-4 weeks, and the controllers were delayed to March of 2020 iirc. You can upgrade to Index Controllers if you pay the difference though. Honestly, itā€™s probably a better idea to upgrade because the Index controllers have been worked on and refined for years.

1 Like

interesting both of you seem to think 9 and 7

Iā€™m not complaining just curious because I wish they would tell us earlier so that we can plan better.

As far as I can tell it seems that only about 350 people backed the 8kx originally.

2 Likes

Cause Pimax is a business not a charity.

1 Like

Its not only 350 thatā€™s only the amount they set available.

$900 are you speaking of the 8KX?

1 Like

Funny but neither are we they are holding onto out money until we get our controllers and such.

1 Like

As for the controllers, itā€™s either they make crappy ones or good ones that will take a long time.

Even Oculus had complaints about how long they took.

1 Like

Yes. I doubt that Pimax would go below that price for an 8KX (for backers).

1 Like

But still doesnā€™t excuse the fact pimaxusa has multiple times said would show new designs with changes to tracking ringsā€¦ Or the missed presentations said to happen at events.

Yea that is always a valid complaint one that hopefully will be solved by 2020.

1 Like

Hopefully our 75 yr old fellow backer can hold in a bit longer. :beers::wink::+1::sparkles:

4 Likes

What i donā€™t understand is the two options:
1: Switch to Index controllers
2: Switch to Valve BS AND Index controllers
The BS are gonna be Valveā€™s anyway, so why are they in option 2?

I backed the full package, so if iā€™m choosing option one, i do not get BS? Or have to pay a percentage for them?
Maybe iā€™m missing a point here?

1 Like

The Pimax basestations will be Pimax branded but still made by Valve.

2 Likes

Really?
I thought they were just normal Valve 2.0 with no Pimax sticker.

4 Likes

Thanks for replying. So that means we are going to pay extra for the controllers AND the basesations now?
When we wait for Sword, the BS will be free again?

I might be wrong, but Iā€™m almost certain that itā€™s been said before that theyā€™re made for Pimax.

@PimaxUSA or @SweViver probably knows for sureā€¦ :wink:

EDIT: Might just be because Iā€™ve seen the ā€œPimax designedā€ basestations earlier in their marketing material as seen here:

Or here:

Or on the KickStarter pageā€¦ :wink:

6 Likes

Thought that tooā€¦