Pimax Day Announcement Highlights

Since you have backed full package you will receive the basestations nevertheless, now if you don’t want to wait for the Pimax controllers you can switch to the Index controllers, if you pony up the dough.

2 Likes

Yeah i understand, but why is there two options when you don’t want to wait, because there was said we will recieve the BS somewhere in November anyway?

2 Likes

I don’t know.
Exactly where do you see these two options?

2 Likes

See post 9 in this thread :slight_smile:
No idea why one would like to upgrade to Index controllers and doesn’t want the BS 2.0 anymore?

1 Like

Ah I see, I think the options are just poorly presented there.

4 Likes

Maybe… It"s all very confusing.Options switch day by day, as it seems at Pimax.

2 Likes

Maybe if you have other basestations already?

2 Likes

I don’t see much confusion here, just a bad PowerPoint slide. Maybe @SweViver or @PimaxUSA will clear this.

4 Likes

v1 Will not work with Index controllers. If i had BS already, there was no point in backing the full package?

I think they work with both.

4 Likes

It works, I have 1.0 bases and Index kit. It’s the other way around that doesnt work.

2.0 bases won’t work with 1.0 peripherals.

4 Likes

2.0 is extended range

3 Likes

Anyway, i backed the full package, Valve will provide the BS now, and for the ones that have reasons like me (not owning any Vive stuff) to get any working controllers “early”, there is the option of switching to Index controllers now. So why are the BS that are free for anyone waiting for the Swords, now costing extra money?

??? :thinking:??? ??? ??? ??? Pimax

1 Like

Nothing will cost you extra, only if you wanna switch to Index controllers you need to pay extra. I think it was 179usd.

Oh and the free eye trackers which aren’t free anymore but 200 usd

3 Likes

Really hope that’s the case.
Yeah the eyetrackers… Not for me i’m not a millionaire. And it was a broken promise, but enough said about that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I’m not very interested about the eye trackers either, only if they can make the dynamic distortion correction and dynamic foveated rendering working. Oh and auto ipd fine tuning.

5 Likes

And that has to be seen, so to speak LOL

2 Likes

In the very same thread you posted your mock-up idea on trackpad/thumbstick I wrote:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/apology-for-the-delays-with-kickstarter-campaign/12420/887?u=risa2000

Apparently, Pimax did not understand that but liked your images, so here we are, 8 months later, still with the same (bad) design.

This is the most vain, wasteful thing to say but
I will Merkari my 1.0 base station and replace it with these if they look like that, because that’s fkn adorable.

1 Like