Pimax Crystal Status Updates-Official

I don’t think the communication isn’t honest, they are simply too optimistic and they miss the deadline. When you realize this it’s too late, at that point it’s so obvious to everyone. But what I meant is that it shouldn’t be that complicated for us to deal with it

1 Like

Another thing I would like to draw attention to is that Pimax competes with much larger contenders with marketing budgets orders of magnitude larger, so the only way to get a space is to announce before everyone else. If you wait too long you will be eclipsed.

Do not blame the consumer for being disappointed at a company repeatedly having deadline issues and refusing to acknowledge them or try to fight about it. I very clearly remember Kevin trying to argue at length Pimax did not miss their Q3 date for the Crystal and tried to frame us as being in the wrong for having any frustrations about it now seemingly not launching for consumers till at least 2 quarters later.

That is Pimax’s fault, their bad behavior, not our’s.

3 Likes

is certainly Pimax’s fault

What I mean is just that it should be easy for us to deal with, nothing more. It’s Pimax’s fault, but I think the reaction is exaggerated. I’m angry when the product I receive is faulty, not when the engineers didn’t finish the job on time, I know that can happen. And no, I don’t prefer development to be hidden from me to avoid disappointment. I can handle disappointment, I’m an adult.

For example, I’m still very angry for the 5K+'s defective cable, they should have replaced it even out of warranty because they marketed a very bad cable. There are mistakes easy to handle, and mistakes less easy to handle. Delays can happen, and when they occur there is nothing you can do

Pimax brings it upon themselves when they will state dates and deadlines many, many times and rarely meet them. This isn’t like a one-off incident or anything, this is a recurring problem and I don’t see the problem with calling them out for it. If you don’t bring attention to the problems, people won’t learn from their mistakes, which Pimax seems to have a lot of trouble with for this particular problem. Pimax should not get a free pass for a repeated problem cause “Oh well, can’t be helped lol”. If this was a one off thing after Pimax had a reliable history on the topic, then alright, mistakes happen. This is not a one off though.

They can still show us some behind the scenes look without constantly stringing people along with dates. I completely agree with what Sargon said, and to be honest, I think it would be beneficial to say less sometimes. Because after a point it becomes damaging to the public perception of the company and there’s a reason some companies will keep things close to their chest until it’s close to being ready. But, I’ll also acknowledge I think Pimax has sort of written themselves into a damned if they do, damned if they don’t situation when it comes to all this because of how many dates they’ve missed and much they’ve showed. It’s a little late to course correct with how close to launch their new products look.

I like that Pimax gives us a peek behind the curtain and what they’re working on, but I think being a little bit more selective on some communications might be helpful to their public image. We can have a middle ground between this and constantly missing deadlines vs somebody like, say, Valve where “it’s done when it’s done” and we don’t hear much about it any sooner than that officially.

3 Likes

So you think the Crystal released as announced at the End of Sept? That was not an optimistic deadline. That was clearly not honest as had it been Sales would have opened up in other regions as the Product was said to be finalized save that Standalone mode would not be available on launch.

2 Likes

This in itself wouldn’t be too bad. If they announced delays when it is clear there no where near the target release.

Normally in the past they’d just go silent for a couple of weeks.

But with the Crystal they said it was ready and released in Oct with sales opening in November to other regions.

What has been demoed is a product that at the time it was/is demoed is not ready for consumers. Save Optics and picture essentially meets expectations.

1 Like

Since pimax likes Star Trek perhaps rather than be overly optimistic when projecting ahead maybe Pimax should adopt Scotty’s approach. :grinning:

4 Likes

Yes they have been told this method before. If you think it will be ready in a month say 2. That way if you release early you look better and it gives a buffer in case of unforeseen issues arise.

I think Robert Piccardo might have a better future for pimax making him Pies. :wink::rofl:

Pies?..

1 Like

Check out his Introduction to Pimax Frontier monolog. :wink:

Wait a minute - we wouldn‘t even have to consider lists of users if the information given by Pimax itself wasn‘t so ambiguous, sometimes even flatout incorrect.

Instead we see attempts from Pimax to lecture us on what fair & good communication is. That‘s pretty daft, I have to say!

4 Likes

Atmos ‘s chart is from the roadshow vertion headset, this one is the latest state

2 Likes

Cool so @Atmos can add columns on reported progress with date reported… or sonething like that.

Thank you for confirming the real purpose of the Official list is intended to be an active status update on hardware & feature progress.
:pi_thumbsup:

1 Like

It’s not funny if I have to go look for why it is haha :grinning:

Hmmm, I thought my chart was done and dusted.

“After rounds of feedback we are now confident that the first large batch of Crystal hardware will indeed begin shipping a few days after CES”

If that quote has any truth then Crystal is finished and getting boxed ready for shipping in 3 weeks.

Lenses, cable, Wifi6e, tracking, battery life are no longer on the table for question until the next round of user experiences next year.

Roll on CES 2023. Have a great Christmas all you Pimaxians.

4 Likes

In this video, Im giving you some first impressions from the visitors!

4 Likes

Has this been answered? I may have missed it while skipping past all the petty bickering. :grin:

1 Like

Unfortunately no. Just showing a pick on settings. Might just be 2 settings in the current crystal for testing.