Pimax Crystal - status, updates and fixes (Part 1)

No mura is really good!

3 Likes

Canada customs can give you exact duty and hst will be on CAN dollars. brokerage may depend on shipper

2 Likes

They have a chip inside, or something, so the software will automatically switch to the correct type.

Otherwise just feel them, plastic and glass aren’t very similar in terms of feel. Glass will be much cooler to the touch, have a different sound etc. Shouldn’t be that hard to tell.

But yeah, Crispy is the only one to have gotten the glass lenses so far but his seem to be just roadshow ones or something, not the final ones. Perhaps it’s taking them longer to physically make them than expected? No idea.

1 Like

My honest opinion, Pimax are shipping plastic lenses and have no intention of changing them later.

First Pimax are shipping Crystals as we speak - with plastic lenses. There’s no explanation from Pimax why they’re shipping plastic or why they’re not shipping glass.

There’s no mention of a switch out programme or upgrade or anything to do with getting upgraded lenses down the line.

Why would they keep quiet about shipping plastic? It’s because imo they intent to keep shipping plastic.

If I were a new customer who knew no different and read and trusted Pimaxes adverts of glass lenses would I ever question it? Would I ever know?

Will Pimax only ship glass lenses to those in the know and who demand they get what was advertised?

2 Likes

Let’s remember what Pimax said on their official Ready list back in December 22.

So where is the truth in this???

3 Likes

Yeah I feel like this crosses a line. They should have let customers know in the payment email that they would be getting temporary lenses, then let the customer make the decision before paying. They won’t struggle to sell the crystal so why not be upfront?

3 Likes

So…

No glass lenses? Are there other things missing? I watched the above video finally and He states in his description:

I’ve got my hands on the FINAL version of the Pimax Crystal

So… I really wonder about the truth in that. Anyways…

2 Likes

Yes the Hub.

For some reason the cable changed to the Optical cable.

What a mess.

2 Likes

Seems the glass lenses was just a small number of customers and that it was an accidental mixup. Just going by what I’ve heard on discord.

Really not that big of deal imho as glass ships when ready and the plastic placeholders are just a free lense set.

3 people now i asked that got it and they didnt recieve the advertised second pair of glass lenses,all got only one pair wich they dont know what is made of one is gonna confirm when he gets home with ctrl+q or something?and some on discord asked support long after paying and were let know that they will get plastic,they didnt even bother letting them know.

Lens are indeed ready save there having manufacturing trouble with glass. So you get a free temp plastic set abd glass ships when ready.

1 Like

42ppd lenses not ready yet abd will ship when ready. As stated since iirc March?

aint you bored already of the “free plastic lense you should be gratefull and happy” youve repeated enough on discord to every buyer there how about people get what they pay for as advertised and they are let known before paying?that will help alot more,let the buyer decide before not when they open the box after they pay customs fees and shipping fees and waste their time.

also i told you people arent religiously on these servers all day,i didnt even know that the 42 aint ready and i checked the news here and there,all this information should be in a email before paying and on the website.

note that i dont give a damn personally about the 42 was never gonna use it,but its advertised on the website and you pay for it.

2 Likes

nah some do get glass,the german guy confirmed with a command its random wich is worse because you dont know what you end up with if youre not on these servers all day

1 Like

When has Pimax ever said that?

2 Likes

The reality is Pimax are shipping plastic on the quiet hoping no one notices. While at the same time producing a chart that shows is black and white these lenses are ready.

Nope. If this was a bait and switch and your not getting glass ones later. I would be one of the ones stating to go after them for false advertising.

And as said I would delay getting a Crystal until the onboard features are enabled and working.

But too many seem to want it before it is complete.

Should pimax have notified ppl of the changes sure. But am guessing they figured Glass would be ready before shipping and why it has been later than end of April and later than mid May.

So if ppl are not happy refund it. At least this not being a KS you have that option.

With having the plastic lenses if your glass ones gets damaged you have a set that can be used until new ones arrive.

Also it seems they may have sent general emails out so also an idea to check spam box.

It is really simple what ppl can do to show there dissatisfaction with how things have been handled.

All the praise from the testers have been using the plastic lenses. So I would recommend trying them at least. And make a decision then to wait or refund.

what do you mean “want it before it is complete” are you serious?its like q2 2023 away from the q3 2022 “launch”,on the website it seems quite complete,they didnt mention it was “incomplete” in the email at all and my payment wasnt incomplete to them,actually i dont even know if eye tracking will work because again its advertised but i probably missed some forgotten little post on this little forum with 5 active users.

but on what base are you guaranteeing that people are gonna get the rest of the hardware parts missing that they paid for?there are still proly souls waiting for the 8k wireless from the ks campaign and other suff given their history,so on what quality are you guaranteeing everyone is gonna get everything?

and yes i have 2 weeks to return by law to see what im gonna get thats not the point the point is people should have known prior paying we arent buying 5$ keychains from aliexpress,in fact i had more information when buying stuff like that.

2 Likes

Yes and no. It seems it was not said before shipping them. Seems they were hoping to have glass in quantity but didn’t work as well as expected.

Pimax chart is old. While lenses may have been finalized the mass production of them is giving them some issues

They have told those who received plastic lenses will receive glass “soon”.

Not a great thing but there not doing a fast one stating plastic good enough.

So ppl should look on the bright side as they should have shipped beta testers final lenses imho prior to opening shipping up.

Having the extra plastic lenses can come in handy if your glass ones become damaged. And you still get to experience the Crystal as hyped by the testers as all but one received plastic and they seem to be quite impressed in spite of also waiting for glass.