Pimax Crystal - status, updates and fixes (Part 1)

Without plugged monitor it seems to be working

1 Like

Quick update: even without plugged monitor still not working

4 Likes

Ouch that guy must feel sad. All that excitement of receiving the first unit and then … doesn’t work, damn!

4 Likes

Did he also remove all old remnants of VR software/drivers beforehand? The old 8k, for example, liked to bitch if something from wmr was installed beforehand.

Ahh, and he should disable the CPU internal graphics in the bios.

2 Likes

Did anyone pay taxes for the crystal in Canada / Quebec, I can’t afford the headset if I have to pay 15% on top of the 1600$, also how much was your shipping.

Facts only no speculation, thanks.

1 Like

ask him if they put the glass lenses in and not the plastic lenses,i got a bad feeling if they didnt even include a freaking usb kit

4 Likes

The price you see on the Pimax website is in US $ and excludes tax and shipping. I’ve asked many times to get this changed but nothing. Bigscreen Beyond on the other hand includes taxes and shipping and they tell you exactly what you’re going to pay no problem.

2 Likes

did anyone actually test with glass lenses in the beta test group?

2 Likes

none of the beta group i asked has glass lenses,and i got a bad feeling they gonna send plastic lenses for customers too,they skimping on a 10$ usb kit.

3 Likes

one guy in discord is saying someone has disconnect problems and it wont stay on

2 Likes

this person told me they are literally sending plastic lenses to customers bruh,exactly what i was afraid of,what a joke almost a year of delay and they aint even got ready the main selling point the glass lenses

6 Likes

3 Likes

How do people know if they get glass or plastic? Is it the weight?

1 Like

Im in the discord letting Cheezus know he said it should be glass not plastic now.

1 Like

i asked the german guy and he didnt touch it yet so he doesnt know if its glass or plastic and he got only one pair.

1 Like

Crispy was sent glass

MRTV says his are glass but I really want to know how people can tell which are which.

4 Likes

I missed these pictures from 4 days ago.

2 Likes

From Pimax “The hardware for Crystal is fully functional. However, the software modules for eye tracking and standalone VR mode are not yet enabled. We anticipate enabling Eyetracking by the end of June and trial run Standalone at that time as well. Once enabled, you will be able to update the software via OTA. We will keep you continually updated with information.”

1 Like
3 Likes