Pimax Crystal - status, updates and fixes (Part 1)

Yes I am serious as have seen ppl stating they want it now with knowing Wireless, ET and Standalone and 42ppd lenses not ready.

Yes they should have been more diligent in there “Crystal Ready Emails, please pay”. And like I stated. Refuse or return package and get a refund. That is what ppl do.

1 Like

SS your emails and all the posts from pimax that states you will. File a ticket save email ss. If they fail to ship the rest charge back; and file complaints with places like Trust Pilot.

I am certain pimax will not risk legal action at this point.

But you can avoid all headaches by refunding now and wait to consider a purchase at a later date. Pimax has offices in EU and USA.

Some issues? Pimax were talking about ramping up into the 3000-5000 mark but they can’t even get 50 sets out the door.

The Ready chart was a joke when it got released in December 22 and it looks 10 times worse 6 months later.

3 Likes

thats what people fortunate enough to be on discord to know do,i just told a person that isnt to ask support because he doesnt know what hes got,he checked his box after i told him and noticed the missing lenses and will ask support to see if he got plastic also,what would have happened if he didnt tho?would he ever have gotten the rest of the package or is pimax betting on people not knowing?and if he decides to return it he lost customs fees if he had to pay them and maybe even the shipping fee

3 Likes

he is a bit weird almost like it frustrates him that people mention these practices,truly hope he at least gets payed for all his efforts tho would be very sad otherwise.

2 Likes

When has pima had a smooth launch? It is too bad in 6 years since the KS communication alone is still in Beta.

1 Like

No like @XabbuSwe I do not get paid. It is sad that ppl don’t just refund things as that would solve ppl like yourself anguish. Glad your part of the regulars here and discord & Reddit, Twitter, fb etc… compared to those whom are not as looped in as pimax customers.

1 Like

“just refund” oh dont worry i will if i aint getting every piece of hardware in the box dw about that,hopefully i aint gotta pay customs tho but like i said im one of the lucky ones that knows

1 Like

Well you already know your not getting everything in the box.

If you turn down the package you do not get charged customs. It simply gets returned.

how come?maybe i will?pimax didnt send me any emails that i will or wont so hopefully they rectified this problem no?i see in that pic right there it says the lenses are ready no?so whats the hold up?

1 Like

can anyone play msfs 2020 with openxr and eye tracked foveated rendering?is that enabled?

Haha yeah @Heliosurge can get really overprotective when it comes to defending Pimax. If a headset would explode in someone’s face he’d probably say that they got free fireworks and should be happy about it

There is still known misding hardware from the box. The 42ppd lenses, The powered usb hub and @Atmos can likely list a few othet things.

Ypu already know ET features even the Auto Ipd & Wireless 6e id not enabled.

Lenses are ready it is the manufacturing process for mass producing glass that seems to be an issue. But your right you might be onr of those who will receive the glass lenses as of not mistaken some have.

But you might need to risk paying customs. As you know from discord unless you missed that person’s message. He contacted support and it seems they know maybe by order number ig yoir shipped glass or plastic.

However you can play it safe cancel and wait once you know for sure pimax has all included hardware present and all features enabled snd tested.

Keep in mind if it takes longer then they figure to enable advertised features your warranty ticks.away… So if in NA 3 months later you only have 9 months of watranty left.

1 Like

Not over protective at all. Chouces are quite simple. I am sure you maybe aware of a class action on Valve over anti trust on game sales?

The more a company is in the spotlight the less likely bad acts will not have serious consequences.

I stated often I would not recommend anyone buy a Crystal with most of the features not ready(ET, Wireless 6e & Standalone). Some though simply respond those are bonus extras and not needed.

Glass lenses unlike modules or KS things cannot be baited & switched.

Your last presumption is definitely ridiculous. As I don’t think your serious and know better.

il risk paying customs cause i never had to,since they dont email me before with all that information il take my chances?shouldnt be too hard to put 2 pair of glass lenses in the box.

Very hard if the lenses are not there to put in. You might get lucky and the 35ppd glass ones might be but the 42ppd will not. Unless maybe your not set to receive til a couple of months from now.

As for customs? Fedex at least here will not deliver if you owe and hold the package til they contact and you pay it.

The Whole Crystal project has been handled horribly since it released at the end of “Sept 2022”.

good they at least told him now but he payed long before that like me im pretty sure his was on route yesterday he didnt knew anything either,would have hurt them if that email came before paying

1 Like

Yeah it seems they likely based it on projections that glass would be ready.

What is strange is the powered hub not being included as iirc it was shown early April.

But you can see he is positive as he knows he will receive both later making the plastic lenses temporary and free.

Think of it this way if you damage your glass lenses later on you have a place holder to use until new ones arrive.

This does though confirm you know for sure the 42ppd lenses and powered hub will be absent from your package.

@Djonko used to be more on top of reading here otherwise I am sure he would be more irritated as many including myself has been over the 103 wide FoV maintaining it is considerably bigger.

Interestingly it sounds like the plastic lenses might be better than Xtal’s glass? Which is surprising for a $11k hmd.

1 Like

how?i wont know until i get my own info email wich would have been amazing before paying,if i get plastic i would ask to cancel or maybe hold on until the glass ones comes,im not gonna ask for refund rn and loose the dmas or what they said its not gonna be after may or something.