Pimax Crystal Launch Event tonight!

Well exactly like you said, this is a direct take at Aero, which in itself could be a smart move. But if you charge the same price point, your quality should also match. We’ll see :slight_smile:

5 Likes

but this is more ambitious for pimax,they would have to have local diming actually working if they advertise that qled and hdr

1 Like

How many dimming zones per panel?

3 Likes

Props on the production values of the video guys, you’ve come a long way in that regard.

2 Likes

We need the 4090 nonetheless for things like FS2020 :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yep, I agree. And Josh is a legend!

1 Like

We will reveal that information and all detailed specs very soon

5 Likes

hopefully i can get that discount off the crystal and faceplate with the proof of purchase,and also later send the 8kx for the 12k qled.

Yes, thats the plan and how its supposed to work. Pimax owners gets rewarded for both headsets

3 Likes

the steamvr faceplate i assume will work on both headsets right?looks identical

Yes, thats what I have heard. I havent tested the Lighthouse tracking face plate yet though

3 Likes

I only got one good thing from this event. the likelyhood of the lighthouse face plate being available at launch for the 12k seems more in line with available than not. imagine spending 2k+ on a headset with inside out tracking only. frikin yikers

1 Like

What about hybrid tracking?

Heliosurge Not sure what you are referring to?
Standard tracking is inside-out with 4 cameras and 2 controllers
Additional tracking mode is with tracking plate accessory for SteamVR/Lighthouse 1.0/2.0 tracking support

maybe full body tracking support (with like tundra trackers or something) with inside out plate on? idk what hes talking about

1 Like

Simple think of I think it was yours and others whom have used Index Controllers on non SteamVR hmds.

The headset itself does not need to be tracked using Lighthouses. Which also would allow the headset to use cams for pass through.

1 Like

should be possible, but that’s up to other things

1 Like

like support for that is like mods and stuff. vive, wmr, and oculus dont make that happen on their headsets. you gotta go out and search for people who hack it

The difference here is it would be natively supported vs ppl patch working it on headsets not designed to take advantage of other tracking systems.

1 Like

i mean it would be nice.

1 Like