Pimax and the press

Same here, just recently
Edit. oh you mean SweeDiePie

2 Likes

@Pumcy
A couple of minor corrections to your new article ( Pimax Finally Prepping 8K, 5K+ VR Headset Shipments | Tom's Hardware ):
“limited edition 8k+ model” → the native dual 4k HMD is called 8k-x.
"people who made the switch would receive a 5K+ " →
It may be better to use future tense as backers still have to make the choice (i’m not a native english speaker so not sure about this one).

2 Likes

I have never ever seen PewDiePie. I won’t be sure I ever will. To this day I will not go for Kanye West or PewDiePie. They are both out of the realm of reality.

3 Likes

Pimax doesn’t need marketing. It just needs good product representatives and customer support. Great media materials help, a recognizable readable design language is important, but marketers can destroy a brand. Think NVidia.

RIP Bill.

3 Likes

I gotta say that me neither. I know who he is and I’m familiar with his annoying face but never seen any video. Kanye West IDK.

1 Like

Same, I know very few in my age that even have a TV and if they do it’s for playing games or watching netflix, broadcast TV has been slowly dying for many years I can’t see myself ever own a TV to actually watch TV on.

1 Like

Fantastic, after I had emailed the info from the meeting in Berlin to golem.de (german news plattform) and had written some times back and forth, they have actually reported on the meeting!

https://www.golem.de/news/vr-headset-pimax-5k-plus-hat-schaerferes-display-1809-136448.html

(use Google to translate) :wink:

Oh wow… they linked to my report on the backer meeting :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Was just about to post exactly the same Link well done :wink:

Just a minor thing they talk about a 8K+ which should be the 8K X i guess.

1 Like

don’t think they got everything right though about the 5kplus and 8k, these are both m2 units AFAIK and the 8k backers can downgrade.

I’m wondering how they conclude the retail product won’t be available until a year from now.
This is so online news like - sometimes it really helps to see how bad these are just for the much needed reality check, escape into VR helps a lot there, at least there you know it’s all fake and don’t need to really bother…

1 Like

I also wondered about the delivery date and addressed it by email corrective.

EDIT:
They corrected it :wink:

1 Like

The 5K+ is not an M2, the normal 5K with improvments over the M1 would have been the M2.
But since Pimax wants to offer the 5K, 5K+, 8K and 8K X the 5K+ is just the 5K+.:wink:

1 Like

I thought M1 would be manufacturing model 1 and the M2 was the improved housing and some other nitty gritty tidbits. My understanding was always Mx is just the headset iteration in post prototype phase and 5k/5k+/8k is the different panel types. The way I understood PimaxVR was always that they can offer many variants of panel types on their headsets in case a business customer has different preferences. @deletedpimaxrep1 what is M1/M2 standing for?

1 Like

Don’t forget that for a product to succeed in the market, a good product is only part of the equation; Marketing, distribution and service also are. To fellows of my ages here I could give in example the Amiga series by Commodore :wink:

1 Like

At this stage it is the question whether other people interested in consumer VR would be interested in Pimax. And I believe the enormous Kickstarter response Pimax generated together with the pretty positive reviews of the V2 around that time should mean that a publication dedicated to (mostly consumer) VR would have to really have Pimax on their agenda - it is not exactly and excess of choice for prime time consumer VR headsets so far. Certainly not such which push the boundaries of Rift and Vive (Pro). The WMR headsets are rather aiming towards the level of simple & cheap entry level VR, but if an affordable solution promising much more FoV, resolution and less SDE and blurriness appears on the screen I would expect close coverage. Just imagine Oculus or HTC had announced to release a headset with the specs of the Pimax 8K - they would be drooling on about it every second week.

So in my eyes it is attributable to them not believing that this company can pull it off. And of course the point that tech journalists apparently usually await press releases for good news from the respective company.

1 Like

@benz145

Should be resolved now, and for once the update is quite clear good writing :wink:

http://community.openmr.ai/t/updated0907-pimax-8k-progress-update/6021/18

And the big news headlines : “The Kickstarter shipping will start by the end of September.”

1 Like

Amiga though in fairness was too far ahead of it’s time. Only Geeks were into computers & didn’t like the OS hiding things. Now look at the idea of a multimedia computer.

1 Like

Sent him a pm with the link as well. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

But imagine pimax might have sent him a response as well (at least would hope that they had)

and Pimax isn’t? ok maybe just 1 year or 2.

And it’s better now!? :wink:

1 Like

@destraudo

Will leave the honor to the owner of the thread :wink:

1 Like

Well we both know it’s not. As its a lot harder to do low level fixes. But the masses can use a pc these days.

Of course pimax is a head & will push v4 into a much better space. No mor3 fe3ling like a horse with blinders.