Pimax and the press

To be honest I don’t know. Likely a combination of things.

1 Like

Then it’s a problem with the forum software. Backer impressions was locked & pinned.

Though i had to search for it as it wasn’t registering new posts til I switched topic to watching. There are a few pinned topics that don’t seem to be sticky.

Repinned it

http://community.openmr.ai/t/berlin-meetup-backers-hands-on-impressions-only/7757?u=heliosurge

1 Like

We aren‘t having an argument, no worries. Kevin simply pointed out that my generic statement was not entirely correct, because of the considerations he stated. In the example I mentioned it was the standard red color (I believe rosso corsa, I am not an expert as I will never own one) where the first come first serve applied pretty much, and they would have had over 12 months of waiting list.
However, to bring this back to a more relevant topic, I can see that shipments will be bundled and there may be some later backer numbers receiving their package before others. But within the regions being served with a bundle, I expect Pimax to follow the order of backer numbers.

Just don‘t forget that e.g. customs may cause significant delays after a package has been sent by Pimax from their distribution center, and this may result in very differing transport durations from backer to backer.

3 Likes

Not showing for me. Can anyone else confirm this?

Recheck just repinned it.

Nothing. I usually check under latest.

Oh I am well aware. My point was that children’s entertainers are not maybe the best people to approach to market this product or look to use to gain sales. PewdiePie is a children’s entertainer. If some adults watch him too, well, that their issue to deal with lol.

1 Like

Pretty sure pewds was given as one example. There are many others.

1 Like

Yep, that is why I specifically mentioned that of course adults watch YT vids. But I know a lot of adults, they do not spend their time watching YT when they want to be entertained. Kids it seems prefer it over most other media types. I have friends with kids who say they literally never watch broadcast or cable TV…only YT and IG and Twitch…etc on their pc’s and phones. So, that was my point.

Hi @Pumcy thanks a lot for referencing me in your article! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I always credit original sources. It would be shady to do anything less.
Thanks for posting the video. I wish I had noticed it on the weekend, but I was busy working at a side job so I can pay for my incoming RTX 2080 :smiley:

8 Likes

Also why RdToVR waited at least a week before posting about the leaks.

I am 34 and I haven’t watched cable TV in almost 15 years.
I’ve been using the internet for my entertainment for as long as I can remember. My fiance and I watch several YouTube channels for our daily and weekly entertainment. There is plenty of high caliber content on YouTube. We watch Philip Defranco for daily news recaps, Vsauce for science education, The King of Random for science experiments, and many others.
If you write YouTube off as PewDiePie, then you are missing out on a wealth of amazing content.

9 Likes

You should totally add MRTV to your YouTube list! :wink:

10 Likes

Nah! Come on. You self promoting VR businessman! :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

He has earned some self promoting :beer:

2 Likes

True! :sparkles::sparkling_heart:
I added @mixedrealityTV to my youtube channels already, as I did for @VoodooDE and SwePimax… @SweViver:wink: The 3 musketeers are awesome.

5 Likes

Best unbiased VR news channel for sure. It’s very very good :beer:

4 Likes