Pimax and the press

:clap: where :clap: are :clap: the :clap: VR :clap: press :clap: articles :clap: about :clap: the :clap: success :clap: of :clap: the :clap: berlin :clap: event. :clap:

It’s Wednesday and still crickets. For me at least, going forward i’m making a point of politely asking outlets to cover these stories when they fail to do so.

Road to vr, vr focus, unload vr . 0 tweets.
And many more outlets which i am sure could be added to the list.

As far as the wider world knows the event has not happened, the positive reaction has not happened, and there is no 5kplus. The vr press are asleep on this, and i dont think there i anything wrong with politely poking them with a stick and asking them to cover it.

25 Likes

Wow. You’re right. Let’s get to their comment sections and call them out as amateurs and shills for Oculus and HTC hehe, that’ll get them started

6 Likes

I know only one german story about the meeting:
https://vrodo.de/pimax-8k-lieferung-wahrscheinlich-2018-pimax-5k-plus-vorgestellt/

2 Likes

Well i definitely don’t think you should do that, and i definitely wouldn’t infer that from lack of coverage. But for whatever reason, they really are asleep on it. And its not like there were no newsworthy developments for christ sake. there’s the plus reveal and demo, an hour long interview with founder, literally hours of backer reactions etc.

This shit was newsworthy. But it is like pimax is not even on their radar, which means its not going to be on the radar of their readers.

I just popped each of them a polite tweet mentioning it and asking for some coverage. Would not be end of world for others to do so to show there is demand / interest .

5 Likes

Sounds like biased shills to me

3 Likes

Funny that you posted this thought here - I literally just sent a tweet to RtVR and UploadVR wondering about their complete silence on the recent developments. At least the commencement of deliveries as of end of September and the anouncement of the new 5K+ would have warranted a mention, even if they did not want to put any weight on the opinions of some backers who went to the meetup… thinking positively I assume that it is because it is so much relevant information that they decided to reach out to apimax directly to confirm some of the information before publishing it, e.g. more details on the 5K+. But then again, in other cases they haven‘t waited but just broke the news and said they will follow up with more detail once they have spoken to the relevant company…

But hey, once the 8K/5K+ is on the street, you will hopefully read lots of good stuff in the relevant forums and then they can do some after the fact reporting with people wondering how they could miss the emergence of a new bright star on the scene at the moment when it actually took the decisive step from a mere promise to a product…

6 Likes

yeah and i mean they didn’t just announce the plus they dropped it out of fucking nowhere into backers hands to try like a nuclear bomb.

1 Like

@vorinami Do your photoshop magic with the 5K+ in nuclear form please

1 Like

yesss @vorinami this!

1 Like

Normaly compagnies send press release… the VR world don’t turn around Pimax where is the update that tell backers can exchange the 8K toward 5k+, not a video not a message in a forum

2 Likes

Eh, most VR press has been jumping the gun on every minor negative detail of the pimax, not surprising they don’t care about positive news.

3 Likes

Agree with this one - the silence has been odd, but I don’t think the press were invited to the Berlin event were they?

My experience of the media is that they are “special” people that like a bit of reciprocal “love” before they’ll promote your product.

There are also far more unpleasant aspects to the media its probably not worth going into here, but some sunlight does occasionally make it through e.g. the recent Toms Hardware (Future Publishing) and nVidia debacle

1 Like

What you have stated gives me no reason not to bring their attention to what happened in berlin, nor try and get other to do so, so amma keep doing it.

2 Likes

I did not register anybody from the press there.
Only the backer, the betatester (also backer) and the pimax people were there.
That’s it, but I’m also surprised at the lack of space

1 Like

You can certainly do that even if it’s not your Job but Pimax one, Why not simply send a email to UPLOADVR and ROAD2VR then?

1 Like

if there is no response to tweet i absolutely will do that, with links to backer reaction compilations, founder interview etc.

lets have a moment of clarity about pimax here. pimax is not a suits and boots PR savvy company. Pimax is a demo your market busting headset in casual wear while eating pizza and drinking beer kind of company.

That is Pimax.

If they are terrible at being their hypeman, then i am happy to send out a few tweets.

3 Likes

Ben will likely have sometying soon once pimax dies an official release.

2 Likes

ben is literally the only journalist whos hands are somewhat tied in what they can or cant say without conflict. i think its worth beating the drum to outlets who are not covering it currently. especially recent developments.

1 Like

Only bad news are good news.
I did some very quick research.

From the culprits it’s just really
www.roadtovr.com to blame, since it’s the only one VR specific.

also

www.tomshardware.com/t/virtual-reality/news/
do some bad work here but they can claim lack of time and out of main focus…

In the end with web news it’s predominantly the question of who pays for what , usually not the reader… IMHO

1 Like

One with more than 3000 views.

But if we don’t test the M2s, we can’t recommend them either.

2 Likes