Pimax and the press

@benz145

Should be resolved now, and for once the update is quite clear good writing :wink:

http://community.openmr.ai/t/updated0907-pimax-8k-progress-update/6021/18

And the big news headlines : “The Kickstarter shipping will start by the end of September.”

1 Like

Amiga though in fairness was too far ahead of it’s time. Only Geeks were into computers & didn’t like the OS hiding things. Now look at the idea of a multimedia computer.

1 Like

Sent him a pm with the link as well. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

But imagine pimax might have sent him a response as well (at least would hope that they had)

and Pimax isn’t? ok maybe just 1 year or 2.

And it’s better now!? :wink:

1 Like

@destraudo

Will leave the honor to the owner of the thread :wink:

1 Like

Well we both know it’s not. As its a lot harder to do low level fixes. But the masses can use a pc these days.

Of course pimax is a head & will push v4 into a much better space. No mor3 fe3ling like a horse with blinders.

wait what do i have to do

Heliosurge & I suggested that you send a private message the press members here in the forum with the link update of today.

Just click on the icon avatar of the forum member and use the “message” button

No i pmed him :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

i think helio said he sent him a link. i just created this topic to get people to politely tweet at press about berlin event. if people want to set up a press corp they can knock themselves out haha

1 Like

Nice ending to your thread no?

1 Like

Oh please, not another closed thread.

1 Like

i’m happy that the event is getting some traction. i wasn’t happy at how negative this got in places, and some of the press posts were honestly painful to read and a condemnation of the status quo of industry press, in terms of how their hands are bound, their working conditions etc. not going to close the thread though.

1 Like

I don’t think your thread is were the press is hurting more :_)

1 Like

https://www.vrfocus.com/2018/09/pimax-showcases-upgraded-5k-plus-headset-at-backers-meetup-in-berlin/

An article arrived

6 Likes

Well it’s nice that they put something out after a polite nudge. But with 45 customer-impression videos posted by SweViver you’d think they could have put in one sentence summarizing the typical response by the backers. Something like “first impressions by a vast majority of the backers was positive”.

3 Likes

But has a journalist you would have to view those 45 customer-impression videos before doing your comments this take time, you can’t compare our involve with a third party with other obligations. And then were they really all backers? Was it really the majority of backer present that liked the 8K 5K+ or only 50/50?

Normally to do such comment the press should be directly on site…

After the Berlin meeting we have a really positive feeling about were this Kickstarter is going this not necessary “news” that a journalist would take up himself to publish.

4 Likes

My biggest issue with the responses is basically they dont want to report on Pimax because its not making big enough waves in the vr scene and not considered “trustworthy” but the only reason Pimax could be considered untrustworthy and not “making waves” is because these same journalist barely cover the device except for when something is negative.

Pimax can’t grow its brand if no one is reporting on it and no on is reporting on it because its not big enough to justify lol

Its a double edge sword though, I understand journalists hesitations to report on third party impressions. I’m still of the thought that pimax needs to come out with an official press release about their new product. The fact that they are putting off any and all communication and leaving all the discussion to third party youtubers to debut their product is ridiculous in my opinion. Dont misunderstand me, I have alot of respect for the testers and can’t wait for their reviews but its quite unprofessional in my opinion that we dont have any official release. Judging by the responses in this thread no tech journalist was even aware their was a meet up let alone a product announcement last weekend. If it wasnt for this thread Pimax would have been ignored again…they really need to step up their advertisement and marketing.

1 Like

@Frc has a good point. Journalists also look for verifiable & Creditable sources. Now while we can say the event has elements of both. It takes time to organize am article & a media outlet might choose to wait for a response to inquiries. In this case from pimax directly to improve details that might be vague and/or improve the quality of the publication.

1 Like

Let’s also not forget that the Berlin Event was Backer Only and Invitation Only. Pimax wanted to be sure that everything was right enough this time to avoid a debacle in the press similar to the CES meltdown.

At least now they know where they stand with the most important audience of all - the backers that have stood with them throughout this process.

3 Likes