Pimax 5k + / 8k prescription lens adapter

If it is loose, I think it is better to increase the scale.
Maybe … 1.01-1. 03 …?

Yep but lenses are loose too, if I increase the scale it’ll be worse. I though about a bad printer calibration but it’s well configured.
I made a 0.99 print, that’s better for the lenses but I must find a way to extend the brackets ^^

1 Like

Try to increase extrusion

1 Like

You could also just split the arms off from the frame then reduce the frame size and extend the arms back into the frame. Don’t need any special software 3d Builder will do.

1 Like

Please try this model.
This model is a split type.
You can adjust the length.
I do not know if it suits your IPD.
If you set it long, the mounting on the HMD will be tight.

But the bridge is thick.
You need a thick face foam.

2 Likes

Thanks.
I made a 0.99 scale version with longer brackets (65mm version) but it brings lenses too close of the hmd. Maybe adding lenght to the nose part will resolve everything, I’ll test with this version :wink:

2 Likes

I got my lenses today and put them in the fixed 65mm frames. I found that the bridge needs to be curved more. Otherwise the frame pushes on my nose and upper inner eyebrows. I’m not using the stock pad instead a velour “VR Cover” so my face might be a bit closer. For me the lens holder/track was a little narrow. I’m going to make the adjustments and print again.

1 Like

I had scale 0.99, add 5mm to the nose part, increase right brackets 0.6mm and left brackets 0.7mm and that’s ok.

Blockquote
the frame pushes on my nose and upper inner eyebrows

I have the same problem after these adjustements but I can deal with.

1 Like

Still no word on when the lenses will be officially available from Pimax? Think they’ll be out before the 8K-X?

The Pimax panel has an angle of about 14 degrees.
I made a frame with a 14 degree angle bridge, but the image looked distorted.
It seems that prescription lenses are not suitable for use at many angles.
I made a frame with an angle of about 7 degrees.

I’m having a very tough time separating this print from the support structure? The support is thick rigid, and quite solid, while the lens holder is thin , fragile, and brittle. I’ve printed this 4 times, snapping the holder every time while attempting to remove the support base?

And now I’ve broke print number 5. I really need a option without support structures.

Hello, I can attest these work flawlessly. I had some 3D printed, bought the Zenni lenses. The frame fits very snug. I used the 65IPD. The lenses fit but were a bit loose. I used just a small touch of superglue, and now they are snug. When I look through I cannot see the frame at all. Great work!

3 Likes

I wish they would have worked for me. I’m now carefully using those same zenni glasses with the Zenni frames.But I put a little bend in them so the wrap around my face somewhat to better follow the 5k’s lens angle.

It’s working ok. I plane to add some double sided velcro as recommend for a face mask spacer to get a little more clearance. Hopefully we hear about a alternative Pimax solution on the 16th!

2 Likes

Any idea if these will fit the new comfort cushion being released?

Noone knows, at best you’ll have to edit the .stl

Thanks, as of now mine works great with the adapter offered in this thread. I do plan to buy the new comfort cushion.

If you don’t have a 3d printer, you can make something similar to what I made here using the same glasses. You just saw off the ends of the frame, and super glue in some cross beams made from thin dowels, or in my case aluminum. You can use a demel tool to cut a slot and flats if you are so inclined. Measure before you glue to get very close without touching. I also cut off the nose pads so I don’t feel the frame at all. The regulars frame is very thin, and the bars are behind my eyes, so I don’t see them in the headset.

3 Likes

I’m heading to visit my parents in the UK on the 29th - if you can get it to me by then, I’ll be happy to bring it with me to the uk and post it to you once I get there …

1 Like