Pimax 5k + / 8k prescription lens adapter

This product is with the frame.
You need to remove the lens from the frame.
Removing the lens is easy.
Just turn the screw.
However, because the screw of the glasses is so small, you need a Phillips screwdriver for the glasses.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Quality-Precision-Screwdriver-Eyeglasses-Electronics/dp/B004800I6Y![lenz|375x500](upload://b6r7jo9vhUR1YrgKxkbmEAnmNPK.jpeg)

2 Likes

Is the final version of the adapter complete? Also I have 64 ipd, is that a different adapter? Thanks

The adapter data file will probably be released on May 12th of JST.
There are two data files.
One is near IPD 65 and the other is near IPD 60.
Models near the IPD60 have a 5 mm narrower frame than models near the IPD65.
Choose a model that is close to your IPD.

4 Likes

what is JST?..

Japanese time.
It will be completed tomorrow.

3D printing data file has been created.

please download it.

The video of how to install is here.

7 Likes

Thank you for the great work.
Is the material okay with nylon?

素晴らしいデータの共有をありがとうございますm(__)m。
素材はナイロンで大丈夫でしょうか?

1 Like

Excellent work!
Which print material should I use? And print setting?

1 Like

The material I used is Poly MAX PLA.
Print settings are quite normal.
0.2 mm pitch
Support is necessary, but it is troublesome to make support in the lens groove in case of automatic formation.
It is good to remove the groove support before slicing.

1 Like

I have 2 questions:

Will you make a 70 ipd version (my ipd is 72 ^^)?
Do we need velcro to fix it on the Pimax?

Please try 65.
If it doesn’t suit you, please contact me.

You do not need Velcro. It is fixed by the tension of the frame.

1 Like

I’ll order lenses soon, I’ll tell you then :wink:

1 Like

my printer took a dump! anyone want to make 20 and print me some frames? thanks

Thanks so much…
The 20% off code for Zeni optical is working too!
At checkout Use: FRIENDS20

The only thing I see that might not work is I have the hard plastic face mod to push the HMD further out from my head. It attaches just like the face foam. Looks like the long pieces that hold this frame to the HMD might interfere with that.

1 Like

Received lenses today. I don’t know if it’s normal but they’re a bit loose in the frame and frame is loose too in the headset. The tension isn’t enough to maintain the frame, it’s fixed only by the foam itself.

Anther annoying problem is the frame touch my nose and the bottom of brow bone. Even with the narrow Vive foam.

Blockquote
The only thing I see that might not work is I have the hard plastic face mod to push the HMD further out from my head. It attaches just like the face foam. Looks like the long pieces that hold this frame to the HMD might interfere with that.

Yep, I confirm.

1 Like

That’s strange.
I tried with multiple HMDs, but none of the HMDs was a problem.
What did you use for the print material?
Materials with a lot of shrinkage should be avoided.

1 Like

I used PLA, Simplify3D slicer (better for supports than Cura, even if the lens slot isn’t 100% clean), 0.2 resolution. Next try I’ll rescale 99% to see if it corrects lenses holding issue and if I can I’ll extend the brackets.

2 Likes

Dont different prescriptions have different lens thickness? I’m betting your correction isn’t that big.

1 Like

I assume the frames are for normal/mid index lenses? I was thinking of getting high index (marked as recommended) but would probably need to re-work the frames then?

The anti-reflective coating might be worth it too?

1 Like

That’s maybe the reason, my prescription is SPH -2.75/-2.0 as you said it’s not that big ^^

1 Like