New Pitool 1.0.1.197 (beta) is available now

Just test.

• fov is very small (like a shape of egg). Look not natural because the edge is grey color.
  • very dark, need to adjust contrast to be 2-3 while brightness is zero. But will have issue with white scene.
  • It look I feel less of vertical line, but not sure because it look using different brightness (5k+ has high brightness although using the low brightness).
1 Like

Mine did the same, but I just rebooted after a while.

2 Likes

How did ISLC mess with driver installation ? What happened exactly ?
I use it and did not have problems with latest NV driver installation. I did not try the new pitool yet, though.

Are you testing the NEW ULTRA SMALL FOV of next ā€¦

HYPER REALITY PIMAX HEADSETS ?

:hugs:

Yeah funny thing though, I donā€™t mind flashing modified firmwares to my GTX1080Ti or modifying my MB bios on my own and flashing that, but this piece of hardwareā€¦ My Pimax gem :slightly_smiling_face: wouldā€™nt want to screw that up cause I use it every Day :+1:

3 Likes

I usually freshly install drivers on updates. It broke the new Nvidia driver update mid installation, and broke its own rollback function, took me down to 1 out of 3 monitors, and only a removal in device manager and a following restart solved it. ISLC killed itself while doing so, sent me an error message in a popup, thatā€™s why I know it was linked.

I can walk You through recovery if it happensā€¦ :+1::wink:

Thereā€™s a dfu.exe in the PiTool install dir which can flash firmware if it fails.

That said, Iā€™ve had this happen more than once, and rebooting made it either continue (flashing was already done) or run the flash part againā€¦ :wink:

Today, it actually went into failed state (the small LED on the HMD blinked all different colours).

I powered it off and on and rebooted the PC and it was ready for usage again.

3 Likes

You can use the 120hz option on all FOVs (I use 120hz wide mode) the fov is just a bit reduced compared to 90hz

3 Likes

120hz mode only available with low and normal backlight and impossible with high backlight mode.

120hz mode is very dark and FOV seem smaller then before.

I did some benchmark with assetto corsa and I will need to go back to pitool 144 unfortunately like I had to do for pitool 180ā€¦

Pitool 144 is more efficient for better performance, fluidity, smoothness for that game.

Mine remains 100 fov blinkered ???

Try to restart the application or service ?
I guarantee you that I tested the 3 different Fov and that it changes each time :slight_smile:

at first I tried small but after curiosity I tested the other FOV and it works at home but itā€™s still reduced compared to 90hz

lucky you I dont see 120 hz option in any FOV mode

what nvidia drivers do you have ?

Gave it a try in SteamVR Home - works for me,
it is a bit darker, but I dont see that as a problem.

1 Like

last drivers nvidia :slight_smile:

Sans-titre

2 Likes

Just restarted pi-server etc and there it is , wide FOV at 120Hz , thanks for that

3 Likes

FoV in 120Hz mode are:

• Large 132.4 (160 in 90Hz)
  • Normal 112.4 (140 in 90Hz)
  • Small 92.4 (120 in 90Hz)

https://community.openmr.ai/t/latest-pitool-196-beta-crashes-on-startup/22991/61?u=drwilken

So ā€œLargeā€ is close to the old ā€œNormalā€ and ā€œNormalā€ is close to the old ā€œSmallā€ and ā€œSmallā€ is close to a Rift?

5 Likes

I had the same problem.
but update was successful when the removing-inserting the A/C cable

2 Likes

You are right I have been able to run normal and large FOV at 120hz ! What the hell ? It was suppose to be available for the small FOV only ?

If the color and backlight could not be so dark.

1 Like

You have Pimax 5K ++ M1 Release for error