New PiPlay version 2.0.7 Beta is available for downloading

Followed step by step and it didnt worked ;(
No visible indicators for nolo in chain menu (its green).

on step 12 as soon steamvr stars an error shows (no base) and pimax shows only grey screen (means cant be used at all).

Found the issue with nolo. If itā€™s connected via usb (for power supply) steamvr/pimax doesnt recognize it. Unplugged usb and it was recognized same moment with no steamvr restart.

If you had it hooked into the computer for power maybe try a wall plug usb charger

Hmm, thatā€™s strange, because I use a 7 port usb hub that Nolo connects too. It is USB 3, and will work with or without an additional power adapter.

I have to use the pimax on usb 2 port, but Nolo can be on any port.

Have you downloaded the Nolo software and run the visualizer to see if the thing will even connect to begin with?

No, pimax or nolo advised to uninstall it so i never installed it.
One more weird thing, after it was recognized i could plug in usb cable back and it worked for 2-3 hours. However as soon it has been fully charged it stopped working via cable completely. While i was in a race tracking has become up-side-down. When i quit the game i have noticed that the base station doesnt work anymore, its 100% charged and recognizes only when I take out the cable. It doesnt requires any software restarts, simply plug and play, works&not works.

Anyway, i will solve with usb hub, i have some. But the issue needs pimax attention in my opinion.

1 Like

Okay, so the Nolo software will not conflict with Piplay if it is closed beforehand. Make sure it isnā€™t set to launch on start, though. So long as Noloā€™s software is closed, Piplay can interact with Nolo, and vice versa. Its one at a time.

Anytime I have issues with connectivity or tracking, I load up Noloā€™s software after closing Piplay and open the visualizer.

It might help to remove/uninstall Nolo under your devices and then plug it in so windows will auto-install it, but you might have a bad base station.

@CryCoh Hi, do you use Desktop without external speaker?
Just now, I checked and unchecked the audio option in PiPlay, and also re-plugged the usb cable, it seemed normally.

Hi, could you export PiPlay and SteamVR logs to support@pimaxvr.com?

videoram OverClocking is blocked, no responce for increasing, but full answer for decreasingā€¦ Need more feedback from MSI afterburner or another OC software users.

@PIMAX-Support Another issue to be aware of. On my laptop pi-play does not seem to be able to start the pi server in 1440p mode correctly. Instead Iā€™m restricted to 1080p while my laptop can definitely output 1440p in the driver settings. I had to first enable 1440p on the headset from windows display settings, close the pi_server in task manager, and then restart it manually from the installation folder truly be able to get 1440p input. This is not the ritual I want to be doing every time I use my 4k or 8k.

@PIMAX-Support, I have my audio going to a TV with speakers connected to that.

Enabling or disabling the box works as you show, but the issue is when I restart piplay. For I nstance, if I deselect that box and close piplay, upon relaunching it will automatically re-enable that option, meaning I have to again deselect it. Itā€™s not too big of a problem, though.

Also, is there any news about the magnetic calibration? It will either instantly calibrate or take ages, both to no effect in SteamVr. With Nolovr connected, it simply wonā€™t finish calibrating at all. Drift is still pretty bad.

Look for Amd Overdrive in catalyst often you have to gobthere to unlock overclocking & agreed to the risk of overclocking. Also google your cards mfg model overclocking as some brands might be locked

@PIMAX-Support @deletedpimaxrep1 So this new piplay driver still is not addressing ghosting on the 4kā€¦ 5 versions after saying you would be looking at it as a priority.

Have you given up trying to fix it?

Eno

@Enopho Can you show where they promised that? I believe the screen tech they use is major factor for ghosting effect. Not sure how it can be remedied via software.

Its in the wishlist topic.

They should be able to improve it as it was better when they were using steamā€™s render. The pi render now is overall much better than steamā€™s.

So its a matter of figuring the right formula i believe(timing) of the shudder glass.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Just downloaded PiPlay 2.0.3.38 from Mega and Avast flagged up an infection - FileRepMalware that it quarantined when I tried to install.

Anyone else see this issue?

1 Like

Hi Warthog,

I didnā€™t have this issue. However i downloaded piplay directly from the Pimaxvr website.

I would reccommend deleting the one ypu downloaded & download it there.

This is the 2nd time a mega upload has been corrupted with a virus.

I just use windows defender & can report a successful install without disabling defender during the install process.

Is it the latest version (2.0.3) of Piplay?
If so, would you please post a link to the Pimax web site.
I can only seem to find version 2.0.2 and the site is in Chinese now???
Iā€™m sure there used to be an English version of the web site???

Many thanks. Good call. Iā€™ll wait for the pimaxavr to be revised to show the latest PiPlay because at the moment itā€™s still on 2.0.2

With Avast I havenā€™t needed to disable it either in the past. Iā€™m always very cautious when software installers say to turn off the anti-virus and this is a case in point for leaving it enabled.

Cheers