New PiPlay version 2.0.7 Beta is available for downloading

By the looks of it one version older than latest.

There is a link to the main site.

@PIMAX-Support might be an idea to switch to google drive as mega seems to be unsecure.

1 Like

I hear you though i did have to tell the antivirus to stop quarantining i think it was Riptide2 launcher.

I generally leave the antivirus enabled for sure during download nothing should flag at this stage. I then try an install & only retry with it disabled if it flags an install file as suspicious (no specific viral identity)

Should i reproduce the issue again before i export logs? Means

1. plug usb cable in, experience the issue
  2. plug out, solve the issue
  3. export logs

Or i have simply export it right now and they are already including all necessary information?
P.s. i’ll do that tomorrow

1 Like

I cant use nolo 360 dll

Hi @htd2007 , it seemed that DFU driver could not be installed in your PC. Please send ID & Password of Teamviewer to support@pimaxvr.com or pm Pimax-support in forum, I will assist you to sort it out.

1 Like

Hi, can you have a try to use a PC monitor?

Regarding drift issue, is it effective if you press “Recenter” and then manually calibrate it.

1 Like

Hi @bacon, please explain this issue for @Enopho

1 Like

Hi guys again,

just downloaded 2.03.38 from the pimax direct site (not mega) and got the FileRepMalware virus alert with Avast. This was the same alert that I got the other day when downloading the same package from Mega.

Am I the only one to see this?

Cheers

@Pimax-Support @bacon @Doman.Chen @deletedpimaxrep1

1 Like

Last time my drift is constant and nothing helps.
When will the drift be repaired in the end?

I have added afew pokes to your post. I would reccommend not installing til support can look into this.

I haven’t tried downloading the newest as of yet. The version prior doesn’t have this issue.

Many thanks. Yes, I deleted the alerted files as there is no way that I’ll take that sort of risk loading something I’m not comfortable with.

Agreed. Its one thing for the heuristic scsn to flag as suspicious. But not when it clearly identifies a specific one.

Its one of the reasons i use my linux pc for most tasks.

Hi, please let me know the anti-virus software you use, one screenshot about the virus will be better, thanks.

Edit: Did the avast detect the virus during PiPlay installation?

Hi, Yes the virus was detected when running the installation PiPlay setup program

Regards

1 Like

Well I took the risk and installed Piplay 2.0.3.38 and it installed without any issue or virus warning.
I checked the setup.exe file with the Windows Defender before installing and it was clear so I went ahead.

It installed perfectly and as far as I can see, everything works really well.
I must say that so far I’m really impressed.

I don’t understand why some people seem to have an infected install file when I downloaded mine from the MEGA site as usual. No virus.

It might be on the antivirus side with their definition data base identifying wrong or their definitions are more upto date. Years ago i used to run 2 antivirus programs as 1 was better to catch certain things opposed to yhe other.

You said it and it brought me back to windows 98 days…oh…almost crying when I recall those innocent days…when all you needed was browser…2D gaming…Winamp for music and attempt to learn visual basic because your friends does…

1 Like

Indeed and use memory optimizers like Quarterdeck opposed to memmaker. Lol back when the first megabyte of memory was critical factor to get programs working.

i installed and had no virus warning on windows defender. I also contacted my guy at Sophos and they checked it and did not find anything either. just thought i would let you know is all.

Eno

1 Like

@maek please follow this issue.