MRTV Rant: Pimax Communcation Is Terrible Regarding 8K / 5k+

I would like a 5k+ or 8k loaner with the option to upgrade for $200-$300 to an 8kx. I in no way feel entitled to this but it would be an awesome option to have for those of us that want to keep the dream alive.

1 Like

Which means you’re going to get an 8KX, in the relatively near future. The rest of us will likely need to buy an 8KX+ (or whatever they call it) in a few years.

Any concept of refund is purely good will from Pimax, We are in a Kickstarter remember. I strongly differ from Sebastien here a free upgrade from 8K to 8Kx is ludicrous. Pimax does already have to support loaners for 8Kx backers which are in fact for them a 400$-500$ US loss each and a lot of hassle.

I thing they should offer a upgrade path to the 8Kx but surely not for free.

If Pimax deliver everything they promised this Kickstarter is still a tremendous value even if the 8K is somewhat for the moment under performing. The communication point is excellent but please let’s not be so greedy

1 Like

Infact, I think pimax don’t have to paid anything more.

They only take an action and announce to all backer that we will make it “better”, we are investigating or anything else.

Yes but the fact remain he took the risk, even asking for the just difference between the 8K and 8kx would not be fair to the originals 8kx backers, the risk somewhat is lower now. It’s strange what I see here is that some of us are asking to have satisfaction guaranty policy a la Best Buy…

Not really, as I don’t want to wait for that to materialise. As I said, I would take the 8K now, enjoy that, then once an upgrade option to an 8K+ became available take that paying whatever extra costs are incurred so Pimax don’t lose anything. It is easy for you to say as an 8KX backer now that I should of gone with that seeing as 8KX backers get the (5K) 5K+ loaner. At the time of the Kickstarter was that even mentioned I must have missed it?

I agree that asking for a free 8KX upgrade is unacceptable and completely unreasonable.

Yes, maybe they are investigating and not ready to speak…

They reply in some topic about some issue, but I believe that not all people read it.

Sometime people request some requirement, not because they want more and more thing. But it is anything which we can let pimax to be more active in this situation.

I believe and have the feeling that all this claim by @mixedrealityTV should be done much earlier.

You’ve had a chance to try out how to tester all the units.

Throughout the betatesters campaign I’ve never seen you as critical as now with the Pimax models.

Why now?

Those errors and failures are from the beginning of the tests and even the Spanish tester team reported all those errors and were not heard or supported by any of the three youtubers…

You want Pimax to communicate everything…

My opinion is that you were the first not to be sincere with the community for your benefit. Helping Pimax to hide or omit the existing faults in all their models.

Even supporting and recommending the change campaign from Pimax 8k to 5k+.

And now it’s all over… We see this writing on your part.

Credibility 0 on the part of the 3 tester @mixedrealityTV @VoodooDE @SweViver

1 Like

Ouch, that’s a little unfair. However, it’s probably more a lack of experience in this area plus the NDAs which was Pimax’s ace card. Remember all three testers/reviewers aren’t being paid or qualified to be Pimax technicians (as far as I am aware) and just regular guys with some experience. Their main area of focus is reviews and news on VR headsets across the board. I don’t think criticisms of Pimax the company in a product review is fair on Pimax either. The reviews were done to focus on the merits of the headsets only. So, MRTV has as might right as anyone now post-review to criticise Pimax’s handling of matters.

1 Like

Some issues is reported since the first M1 (such as distortion which we can read in the leak).

The NDA is lifted after 16th and they just have 5k to try, so I think it is not problem when they tell us lately.

Some problem is solved in 5k, but still available in 8k.

“right thing to do would be: allow all 8K backers to upgrade to Pimax 8K X for free
for current 8K X backers, give them an additional accessory coupon to make up for the difference they paid over the 8K.”

I vote for this, i think some people dont mind to wait because they dont have a strong pc and there are no bases and controllers. i talk for me, but i can wait more two years. @Pimax-Support and @deletedpimaxrep1 please think about this. You will not lost money.

Hi Sebastian,
You pointed out them all…thank you.

I was quoting you for reply but everything as to be quoted :wink:

If 10% of what you said could be hear by Pimax it could change a lot…or at least for their next device.

1 Like

What and get the 5K+ loaner as well? If that is what you are thinking then no frigging way!

As an 8K backer no I do not want to upgrade to an 8KX if it means months of waiting.

Yea, MRTV was clearly not happy with the M1 but was gagged by the NDA. Now all he did was tell evryone the 5K+ is a great upgrade over the 5K. The 8K is great too but needs a better card. And now he addresses the communication of the Pimax company.
Nothing here is out of place.

In terms of backers expecting a 8K unit in their hands, that too is happening. You’re not forced to switch to a 5K+.

Stick to 8K and the kickstarter has delivered a close enough product to their goal. You could have ended up with nothing, instead you get the 8K or 5K+.

11 Likes

no, i dont want 5k+ , i just want to wait for 8k x

1 Like

Ok fair enough then. But for free is perhaps the issue.

but the 8k x backers can receive a additional accessory coupon to make up for the difference they paid over the 8K.

i think its fair

1 Like

The nda does not justify that @mixedrealityTV @VoodooDE @SweViver have supported the entire campaign and give green light to a viewfinder that was more than known not to be marketed.

When were the tester supposed to give the green light?

As far as I know.

On the part of the Spanish tester… No.

Was it at the Berlin event?

It makes me laugh… It is well known that Pimax has used the tester to their advantage by omitting their proposals to improve and rectify the mistakes that the rest of the tester saw.

And they didn’t? Everything was perfect

They didn’t see anything… Or didn’t want to see it?

And overnight… There are the mistakes they didn’t see before.

It will not be that once received the visors to the sponsors…(advised, orchestrated and guided by youtubers of Pimax)

Are they going to feel guilty about the possible reactions or disappointments they may have when using it?:thinking:

If they can!:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wow, I just woke up and had to read THIS!
Sorry man, but everything you wrote here is just wrong. Totally wrong.
Did you already forget about the NDA we had? We were not allowed to talk about anything!

Every issue about the headset and the company of Pimax we already noticed even 2 days after getting the headset (at least for me) and we wrote it to Pimax via mail and even in the closed forum. Did you already forget about the leak of my issues list? That was an issues list about 3 or 4 days after getting the Pimax for the first time ^^

Also I have no idea what you mean by “change campaign from Pimax 8k to 5k+”? What campain? For me I recommend the people that dont want to buy a hardcore-high-end-PC with a 2080 Ti to switch to the 5K+, all others I recommend to stay at the 8K.

Also we dont get any cent for all of this work, we dont even get a golden pen for our hard work. For me its all in my free time besides my normal full time job. Perhaps we made mistakes (although I dont know one to be honest :wink: ), but we are only just some normal humans that got a headset for testing…

28 Likes