Move here to discuss ‘Pimax Day 2’

@PimaxUSA
If one has until the end of the year to decide if they would give up stretch goals:
-does this means none of those will be sent until we decide or will we have to ship them back?
-or are they now all on hold until the time limit expires or we indicate a choice?

And Pimax end up getting double what the kick starter was.

Where’s the special discount?
From the looks of it you have used the coupons, but there is no extra discount given to backers!

$699 it claims in OP image.
Yet to the side it’s listing $798.00
And if I log in now, ot’s showing me $799.01
Why are the prices increasing?!

Also Plan D is absolutely awful!
You pay more AND lose your stretch goals if you compare to the Current Owners deal!

These pricings dont make sense!

Oh yeah nice, Just noticed the addition of taxes.
So that’s another $220!!!

2 Likes

Or $798 as originally shown in first post image?!

yeah, I don’t see the special discount for backers that was announced during Pimax Day 1 either. All I see is them cashing in the previously offered coupons as the discount. The price is what it is, but I don’t see any special discount either. I understand that a company has to do what it can to stay in business and I am fine with that, but no need to try and present it like a great discount deal because people will see through it anyway.

4 Likes

Presumably a “backer” counts as a “current owner”? So why on earth would anyone take the “Backer Upgrade Plan C”?

It basically involves trading in your $100 (8K to 5K+ downgrade voucher) for the amazing benefit of losing all your stretch goals and other discounts.

LOL No. I’ll keep that for use elsewhere, and also all my benefits thanks.

EDIT:
Just to clarify:

• Both options I present allow me to keep the base stations and controllers I originally signed up for.
  • The price difference is almost exactly equal to the value of the $100 “downgrade voucher”
4 Likes

Plan C is for people who want to get the controllers/base stations from the Kickstarter yet still upgrade with a smaller discount.

You miss the point, the “current owner” upgrade plan ALSO lets me keep the controller and base stations and doesn’t cost any more since the price difference is almost exactly equal to the $100 downgrade voucher that gets consumed by the backer upgrade plan…

Ergo, no saving only loss of benefits.

Was Pimax day 2 a failure or a success?

Unfortunately, if this works like most corporations, the stretch goals are on hold at least until the time expires. After that, there will be another delay. The whole point is to avoid dealing with the ‘stretch goals’. Any of us who decide to wait will probably have to wait until there is no point in them.
Not saying that Pimax will do this, just saying that this is common practice for corporations. Personally, I have seen no sign that Pimax is likely to do anything differently, but who knows.

2 Likes

Sure, the value is the same, if you have a use you want to use that voucher for. If not, go for C.

This is an astute observation but it seems Stretch goals aren’t as attractive any more.

1. The 8K Plus and 8X-X now come with audio strap and comfort kit - meaning it’s irrelevant if Stretch goals offer this if our new headsets come with these items.

2. VR frame for prescription lens isn’t compatible with the 7Invensun eye tracking module, so now it’s also irrelevant if we lose this stretch goal IF we want the eye tracking module.

3. I believe if backers drop stretch goals we still get to keep $100 wireless coupon, or maybe this is only full package pledge I can’t remember!

4. Eye tracking for backers as a pair of eye tracking units, is now reduced to 99 dollars. A much better deal for backers.

1 Like

Are you really saying it’s not fair that you chose to only use your headset for a half hour in a year? I used my 8k quite a lot over the last year. I feel I got my money’s worth, especially as I can still sell it while getting the 8K+.

Honestly i dont care about the stretch goals. Just send me my 8kx on time and ill be happy.

Not that I’ve decided one way or the other, but for the sake of argument…

I’m not sold on eye-tracking so I would lose the prescription inserts, cooling fans and software. I’m fairly sure that he was joking, but someone who I will not name mentioned that the third piece of software coming is HL3… Plus, I never caught (and haven’t noticed in writing anywhere) the part where we get to keep the wireless coupon. Not to mention that one of the stretch goals was the hand tracking module! I definitely want that one: it’s listed at $170us by itself.

Decisions decisions…

I used my loaner once to check it wasn’t faulty and put it back in the box as I never had controllers or base stations. I tried an Xbox controller in Steam VR home/lobby but it was awful.

I think unless you have a loaner, if you don’t use it, but can’t send it back (as this was only available to 8K-X backers) it’s easy to see why some folk feel a little upset, however Pimax would simply say they’re a business and not a charity. If the headset is faulty, that’s a different mattet entirely of course.

My loaner was faulty. Sadly.

My 1st one was too and Pimax replaced it, that’s why when I got the replacement delivered I opened the box and powered it up even though I can’t use it (no controllers) as I didn’t want to be accused of breaking my, possibly faulty, replacement.

Did you send your faulty headset back quickly to Pimax?

Actually, no, the hand tracking wasn’t a stretch goal, it was a $99 addon you could pay for if you wanted. The stretch goals were the additional face cushion, “headstrap with earphones”, prescription frame with cooling fan, $100 wireless coupon, 3 pieces of selected content, and eye tracking,

1 Like

I see what you are saying, you didn’t use it because you were waiting for the base stations/controllers. Gottit.

1 Like