Move here to discuss ‘Pimax Day 2’

You are not excluded you can utilize plans that do not have the coupon, plans B and D.

Plan D seems like a lose lose situation. @PimaxUSA

1 Like

Hey, if I backed only the headset and the controllers, what do I do? Plan D wouldn’t be a discount at all for me really.

Which one is the best option you think?

I havent done the no.s because I belong to Plan G which isnt up. 8KX backer here.

I’ll go through all the vids later today and compile all the info.

So essentially we have until late December order the upgrade?

Questions:

1. When are the 8k X starting to be shipped?

2. When 8k + starting to be shipped?

Hey guys. Just arrived at the office. We are looking through the plan to see if anything is incorrect. Also the missing website order options are being worked on. Give us some more time and we will sort things out.

2 Likes

Yes you have until 12/31 and shipping should start before then. On the X we have a limited quantity in the first two batches so the shipping date for subsequent batches will be later. Hopefully we can display a note when orders run outside of the available quantity into future batches.

1 Like

What the site for the lens adapter? And also anyone knows a company that can do it?

A. So if you have limited X’s then those are going to original Backers. I assume the next batch would be shipped sometime on 2020?

B. What is the difference between Plan D and Plan B?

Check out Option 2 of each Backer Plan, its $100 more then the slides and stream indicated.

2 Likes

The difference is whether you keep the controllers and base stations or not.

The first coupon is only valid for headset upgrades? That doesn’t tally with the statement in the kickstarter update that was sent out.

If you are an 8K / X backer and decide to switch to 5K+, we will provide you $100 coupon to purchase accessories (modules etc.) in our online store.

I am not keen on spending more money to get my setup working, and so the upgrade plans other than the controller exchange hold no interest for me. I can accept that the wireless/eyetracking coupons cannot be applied, but that first coupon for downgrading from the 8K to the 5K+ should still be valid at the very least.

5 Likes

So the taxes are excluded? What happened to the EU and US distribution centers?
If I choose to do nothing, do I have to pay the taxes for the basestations, controllers and stretch goals also?

11 Likes

What if we only backed base stations or controllers with our headset?

I only purchased the Headset. Does that automatically puts me on the D option, or B also?

Then if you are upgrading you would need to create a ticket. The team can definitely help you.

Thanks for the reply. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the presentation guys.
You have given me much to think about.

Question: I originally backed the kickstarter for 1x 8k Headset with an additional $85USD intended for 1x Basestation. I am considering upgrading to an 8kX with a full bundle. Can this $85USD be credited towards one of my plans?
Is this the kind of situation that you meant when you said ‘create a ticket and the team will help’?

I have been thinking also about it. Looks like their sales strategy:

First show us high prices for new HMD panels 1300$ with no word about taxes
than dont worry we have discounts and now hit you with taxes so price goes to the standard level .
My current feelings are like this:
“buy more from us and we’ll subtract what we owe you”

7 Likes